Cowboys and Aliens news and tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Daniel_Craig

Post by Daniel_Craig »

Last edited by Daniel_Craig on Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

:rotfl:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Daniel_Craig

Post by Daniel_Craig »

Last edited by Daniel_Craig on Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tampa

Post by tampa »

Dunda wrote:Sf2la, you are spot on.

I can agree on almost everything in your post, only I hope C&A isn't crap for me. :wink:

I wouldn't use the word crap, that's all, because I consider movies to be crap if they are done poorly, somehow without respect for the audience. I don't know how to explain it.

For example I'm not a fan of "Köstumschinken". There's no translation for this, this are movie about historical events (real ones or just fiction) with very opulent costumes and set designs. I haven't seen Perfume: The Story of a Murderer. I'm not interested and I would fall asleep. But I would never say that movie is crap, because it was done with very much effort and love for the genre and respect for the novel and respect for the audience and because of that is was good for those who like the genre.

And regarding Daniel:

I think he's a guy for challanges. That's why he took Bond and now C&A and Tattoo. He has reached the highest level in Britain, was respected and awarded by the British audience, critics and movie connected people.

If he didin't want to stay on that level, he has to make the next move. I think any other moves would have been stagnation on the (high) level, but still stagnation.
And Hollwood is still THE place in the movie business, it's the aim almost all actors are going for. I hope Tattoo will do it for him, but I'm sure he wouldn't play Blomkvist without being Bond. And that would be a shame.

I could have lived with RDJ as Jake Lonergan, but I could not have lived with Pitt as Blomkvist.

I hope I made myself clear, it's not easy, not even in German.
Agree. Isn't it the biggest objective and any actor to get the best scripts possible and work with the best directors. So much of British and international film is very hard to get financed independently of US studios. In order to get the best scripts, he has to go for some big hits to allow him to get the green light for smaller films. Most of the best international directors work hard to get financing from the US studios, not necessarily to do huge action films, but just to get financing to do the films they want to do. That's where the money is - for good or evil. Sheridan who directed DH, has been getting US financing for years, and he's Irish. I don't think DC feels he has any choice. He will likely try to do what other talented actors do - balance his big films with small ones. If he hadn't done Bond, he wouldn't have gotten Flashbacks financed and he wouldn't be getting roles like Tattoo. I also think it was Spielberg who talked him into C&A.

We dont' know what he will do after Bond. It could be a small film. Ultimately I think he will start producing more. Most smart actors want more control over their career and producing is where they go. DC has also noted what that he is a fanof Clint Eastwood. I wouldn't bet against him directing in the coming years. He likes to do the unexpected. I am not a western or sci fi fan and it is not the film I would choose for him to do, but I badly want CA to be a big hit to give him the leverage he needs to do more interesting films. I would have much preferred that he got Inception, but Leo is a bigger BO name - for now. The more hits he has outside of Bond, the more clout he will have to do more intersting films. tampa
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

tampa wrote:
Dunda wrote:Sf2la, you are spot on.

I can agree on almost everything in your post, only I hope C&A isn't crap for me. :wink:

I wouldn't use the word crap, that's all, because I consider movies to be crap if they are done poorly, somehow without respect for the audience. I don't know how to explain it.

For example I'm not a fan of "Köstumschinken". There's no translation for this, this are movie about historical events (real ones or just fiction) with very opulent costumes and set designs. I haven't seen Perfume: The Story of a Murderer. I'm not interested and I would fall asleep. But I would never say that movie is crap, because it was done with very much effort and love for the genre and respect for the novel and respect for the audience and because of that is was good for those who like the genre.

And regarding Daniel:

I think he's a guy for challanges. That's why he took Bond and now C&A and Tattoo. He has reached the highest level in Britain, was respected and awarded by the British audience, critics and movie connected people.

If he didin't want to stay on that level, he has to make the next move. I think any other moves would have been stagnation on the (high) level, but still stagnation.
And Hollwood is still THE place in the movie business, it's the aim almost all actors are going for. I hope Tattoo will do it for him, but I'm sure he wouldn't play Blomkvist without being Bond. And that would be a shame.

I could have lived with RDJ as Jake Lonergan, but I could not have lived with Pitt as Blomkvist.

I hope I made myself clear, it's not easy, not even in German.
Agree. Isn't it the biggest objective and any actor to get the best scripts possible and work with the best directors. So much of British and international film is very hard to get financed independently of US studios. In order to get the best scripts, he has to go for some big hits to allow him to get the green light for smaller films. Most of the best international directors work hard to get financing from the US studios, not necessarily to do huge action films, but just to get financing to do the films they want to do. That's where the money is - for good or evil. Sheridan who directed DH, has been getting US financing for years, and he's Irish. I don't think DC feels he has any choice. He will likely try to do what other talented actors do - balance his big films with small ones. If he hadn't done Bond, he wouldn't have gotten Flashbacks financed and he wouldn't be getting roles like Tattoo. I also think it was Spielberg who talked him into C&A.

We dont' know what he will do after Bond. It could be a small film. Ultimately I think he will start producing more. Most smart actors want more control over their career and producing is where they go. DC has also noted what that he is a fanof Clint Eastwood. I wouldn't bet against him directing in the coming years. He likes to do the unexpected. I am not a western or sci fi fan and it is not the film I would choose for him to do, but I badly want CA to be a big hit to give him the leverage he needs to do more interesting films. I would have much preferred that he got Inception, but Leo is a bigger BO name - for now. The more hits he has outside of Bond, the more clout he will have to do more intersting films. tampa
All good points. It just can't be denied that Bond is what catapulted him to where he is now, and that's where he wants to be. He's had so many opportunities since then. Wasn't it after QOS where he talked about Aronofsky's film, 'The Wrestler', which was made with $4 (DC joking-like) , and that he was interested in something like that.. Let's hope he takes a script as quirky as 'Some Voices' again; that was a wonderful film.

I saw both RTP and Munich, and I have to admit that DC went unnoticed by me. The parts weren't big, he had disguised his accent, and he wasn't Bond-gorgeous. The styling, physique, him doing many of his own stunts, and the script got him noticed by the world. The beauty of it is that so many people have discovered his earlier work, which is unlikely to have ever happened. He's known by so much more than Bond now.
Daniel_Craig

Post by Daniel_Craig »

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

I want Daniel slurpee cup....

@joshua_w
Joshua W. @Jon_Favreau Awesome Cowboys & Aliens Slurpee cups at 7-11. http://img.ly/5qhu
cheryl1700

Post by cheryl1700 »

Sylvia's girl wrote:I want Daniel slurpee cup....

@joshua_w
Joshua W. @Jon_Favreau Awesome Cowboys & Aliens Slurpee cups at 7-11. http://img.ly/5qhu
Im sure they will be one, possibley DC is on the other side of the cup
khenton

Post by khenton »

Slurpee cups? I am so there! :wink: K
Damn. No future with Daniel Craig.Image
Fourwordsbeforesex "Hello, I'm Daniel Craig."
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Me too :cry: :cry: but the Germans most likely won't have them. We'll see...
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Germangirl wrote:Me too :cry: :cry: but the Germans most likely won't have them. We'll see...
Nor us Brits....here's a pic anyway

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Thx Sylvia - just shows, there will be a lot of promo and stuff.
Dunda I see a new Panini album in your future :twisted:
Last edited by Germangirl on Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Germangirl wrote:Thx Sylvia - just shows, there will be a lot of promo and stuff.
Dunda I see a new Panini album in your future :twisted:
Apparently they're 3D holograms!
cheryl1700

Post by cheryl1700 »

like those cups
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Germangirl wrote:Me too :cry: :cry: but the Germans most likely won't have them. We'll see...
Do you have 7-11s or Slurpees in Germany? Uk is just Tesco, right?