THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO news and tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

ishmael69

Post by ishmael69 »

Germangirl wrote: Some ? nice photos? I only see this..they have his Mikael wear glasses?

Be still my beating heart! :thud: I've been out of the loop for so many months that my jaw dropped to this first pic of Dan as "Kalle Fucking Blomkvist" (just quoting the source :wink: )

Absolutely love the look: he wears glasses like no other (well, maybe Johnny Depp) and just like in Enduring Love they give him that "smart is sooo sexy" look!
Also, totally dig the skinnys he wears, the grey on grey look and the cashmere scarf... Jeez, he could as well be doing a photo shoot for GQ!
The fashionista in me is truly happy as a clam! :)

BTW, Merry Xmas everybdy :wave:
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

ishmael69 wrote: BTW, Merry Xmas everybdy :wave:
Merry Christmas!!

Lovely to see you back.... :dance2:

Hope you will be able to stay a while. :thumbup:

ishmael69

Post by ishmael69 »

JEC57 wrote:
ishmael69 wrote: BTW, Merry Xmas everybdy :wave:
Merry Christmas!!

Lovely to see you back.... :dance2:

Hope you will be able to stay a while. :thumbup:
Thanks JEC, you're always so kind and welcoming!
Life is keeping me very busy, but I'll try to pop back more often with the new year :)
Have a great festive period and see you in 2011!
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Fincher is in the States for a holiday break from filming The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo in Sweden. He told me after the session that he's completed about 40 days of shooting with another 70 or 80 left to go. (That sounds like he won't be done before the Oscar telecast on 2.27.)

"So everyone is going to be speaking English with Swedish accents?," I asked. Fincher said he's run into a lot of Swedes who speak English without any accent at all. He met a driver, he said, who'd learned his flawless English from watching South Park. He mentioned something about costar Christopher Plummer speaking English in a relatively uninflected way.

Yeah, okay, but obviously most Swedes speak in their native tongue. I just don't get why they didn't set the whole thing in Vancouver and blow off the crazy-descendants-of-Nazis villains and use American nutters instead.

source: http://www.hollywood-elsewhere.com/2010 ... chberg.php

So they are not even half way through.
I don't agree on the last passage, because IMO Sweden is so much a character in these books and not only a location.

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I do wonder though. They started early October - count for yourself - 40 days out of 2 1/2 months? (till mid december) The thing is supposed to go till March, so counting it like that that would make maybe another 40 days of shooting. He is known for being slow, but THIS slow? What did they do the other 30 days? :shock:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

agrippina

Post by agrippina »

Earlier there were the calls for extras for LA for spring, so I guess they'll be doing the interiors in the US? Compared to he usual 3 months/movie pace, Fincher does seem a bit slow, but if he does like a hundred takes for each scene, then that could be understandable?
Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

'The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo'
The hottest book series (for adults) in the world finally gets a big-screen Hollywood treatment in perhaps the most hotly anticipated film of the season. Hardcore fans of Stieg Larsson's Millennium Trilogy, of course, are still on the fence over whether this new version -- which stars Daniel Craig and the relatively unknown Rooney Mara, who reteams with her 'Social Network' director David Fincher -- is really necessary considering the epic job turned in by Noomi Rapace in the acclaimed Swedish adaptations. Our answer? Good stories are always necessary in Hollywood. (Dec. 21)
http://blog.moviefone.com/2010/12/27/11 ... 1/?_r=true

C&A on this list as well
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Stellan Skarsgard Exclusive Interview; Talks THOR, MELANCHOLIA, and David Fincher’s THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO

How is The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo going? Has that been an interesting experience?

SKARSGARD: Yeah, I’m having a lot of fun. David [Fincher] shoots constantly, and I don’t like to be in my trailer, so I’m really happy. When you shoot with him, he does 35 or 40 takes of almost every set up. Since he rolls all the time, it’s fine. You just get more and more energy from working with that drive. He’s a very good director, so I’m really having fun. I’m going to L.A. in a couple of days to continue doing interiors there.

How much have you already done on the film?

SKARSGARD: We started in September, and I’ve done exteriors in Sweden since then, and we broke for Christmas. We’ll start in L.A. in January, and I’ll be there for two or three months, and then I’ll go back to Sweden to finish it off in April or May.

Is the film still set entirely in Sweden with just the interiors being done in L.A.?[/b

]SKARSGARD: The film is set in Sweden, but we are doing some interiors on soundstages in L.A.

Had you been familiar with the Stieg Larsson books or the original Swedish films?

SKARSGARD: It was too big a hit for me to be able to ignore. I’ve seen one of the films. I’ve seen the first film – the one we are remaking now. I haven’t read the books.

Does it seem odd to you that you didn’t do the Swedish films, but now you’re in the American remake?

SKARSGARD: I’m not always happy when Hollywood does remakes of films, but that’s usually, when they have a very, very, very good film and they take away anything controversial from it and make flatter. I don’t think that will be the case here. David Fincher is a fantastic director and Steve Zaillian is writing, and he’s a great writer. I have hopes that it will be an improvement.

How has it been to work with David Fincher? Is he someone whose work you were familiar with?

SKARSGARD: Yeah, of course, I’ve been familiar with his work and I really enjoy it. He’s extremely focused on what’s going to be in the film. There’s no bullshit. He’s very smart. It’s a good experience.

Is he the reason you wanted to be a part of the film?

SKARSGARD: Yeah, of course.

Is it nerve-wracking to be a part of something that has so much attention on it, before the film is even finished, or do you not get nervous about that?

SKARSGARD: I don’t think about it. I’ve done Hamlet, and everybody knows how that should be done, so I’ve gone through the worst. Also, the film is really not on my shoulders.

Because so many of the fans of these books and the original Swedish films are curious about Rooney Mara’s performance as Lisbeth Salander, especially since they’re largely unfamiliar with her, is there anything you can say about working with her and how she’s doing in the role?

SKARSGARD: I’m convinced she can take it on. I’ve only had a few very short encounters with her. Most of my scenes are with Daniel Craig. But, I think she’s good enough. I think Noomi Rapace was fantastic, and this is another kind of Lisbeth Salander. I think [Rooney Mara] will do something beautiful with it.

http://collider.com/stellan-skarsgard-i ... too/67252/
caramel

Post by caramel »

WOW - they will be working on it till May? that's so long a shoot! I know I have heard of DF taking hundreds of takes , but come on.
This is just the first book,right? not all three being shot at once. I think by the end of the shoot the actors are prolly going to be sick and tired of the whole thing! :lol:
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

How cool, Daniel will be in LA soon. On the plus side there will be tons of footage and stills if Fincher dos os many takes.
The New Year is looking good.
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

I like DC in LA - always lots of pics.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

They are good at twisting the words, aren't they :lol:
And the pic doesn't even show Rooney! Oh those crappy editors again :roll:

Rooney Mara to be ‘beautiful’ Salander

Stellan Skarsgård thinks Rooney Mara will “do something beautiful” in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

The 59-year-old Swedish actor will portray Martin Vanger in the thriller, which is set for release in 2011 and also stars 25-year-old newcomer Rooney and British heartthrob Daniel Craig as the two lead characters. It is based on the first novel in a trilogy by deceased Swedish author Stieg Larsson, and tells the story of computer hacker Lisbeth Salander and journalist Mikael Blomkvist as they embark on solving a gruesome crime together.

There has already been a Swedish movie adaptation of the novels starring Noomi Rapace in the role of Lisbeth, and although Stellan thinks Noomi gave an outstanding performance, he is sure Rooney will be just as successful.

“I’m convinced she can take it on. I’ve only had a few very short encounters with her. Most of my scenes are with Daniel Craig. But, I think she’s good enough,” he told Collider.

“I think Noomi Rapace was fantastic, and this is another kind of Lisbeth Salander. I think [Rooney Mara] will do something beautiful with it.”

Stellan has found working with the film’s director David Fincher a wonderful experience, and admires his dedication. Although David pushes actors very hard, there is always plenty of time for fun on set.

“Yeah, I’m having a lot of fun. David [Fincher] shoots constantly, and I don’t like to be in my trailer, so I’m really happy,” he beamed. “When you shoot with him, he does 35 or 40 takes of almost every set up. Since he rolls all the time, it’s fine. You just get more and more energy from working with that drive. He’s a very good director, so I’m really having fun.”

source: http://www.musicrooms.net/showbiz/22860 ... ander.html

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

David Fincher: I couldn’t resist Dragon movie

David Fincher had been “working his ass off for 20 years” for a project like The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

The 48-year-old director is due to release his take on the thriller next year, which follows hacker Lisbeth Salander and journalist Mikael Blomkvist as they try to solve a gruesome crime. The film is based on the first novel in a trilogy by deceased Swedish author Stieg Larsson – which has already been adapted into a Swedish movie - and David admits he couldn’t turn down the chance to be at the project’s helm.

David is celebrated for his gritty and stylish thrillers such as Se7en and Zodiac, and although he’s reluctant to get typecast in the “serial killer movie” genre, he is passionate about such films.

“Dragon Tattoo came along and I was like ‘Awww f**k man you cannot make another serial killer movie… you’ve got to f**king stop this.’ And it wasn’t really even… it was Michael Lynton and Amy Pascal and Scott Rudin to an extent but mostly from the studio side that they were committed to this idea that there could be… that there was a hope that you could do a franchise movie for adults,” he explained to Collider.

“And I thought ‘f**k man, I’ve been working my ass off for 20 years, hoping that somebody would say something like this.’”

David’s version of the movie will star upcoming actress Rooney Mara as Lisbeth and British heartthrob Daniel Craig as Mikael, and is eagerly awaited by fans of the best-selling novels. The moviemaker thinks his take on the gritty tale will be revolutionary, and he hopes to leave a strong legacy behind for the thriller genre.

“And I just thought, you get an opportunity to hopefully pave the way for something like that to happen… you know, that would be a great thing,” he added.

http://www.musicrooms.net/movies/22943- ... movie.html
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Exclusive Interview with David Fincher! Talks SOCIAL NETWORK, DRAGON TATTOO, 20,000 LEAGUES, Editing, How He Makes Movies, More

just this about possible sequels.....

Q: Basically this is what I wanted to ask you. Sony obviously envisions what you’re working on right now as a big franchise. Probably wants to make two or three movies. The question is, would you be able to, after you finish this first one, do something else?

Fincher: I believe that there’s a script that has to be written for the second movie. We have to have an audience that wants to see a second movie. We have to make room for another Bond movie. So there’s a lot of elements that come into play.

read the whole thing here http://collider.com/david-fincher-inter ... too/67432/

calypso

Post by calypso »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110102/ap_ ... _oscarsson
STOCKHOLM – A house fire appears to have killed actor Per Oscarsson, a giant of Swedish cinema who won a best actor award at Cannes in 1966 and appeared in films based on Stieg Larsson's "Millennium" trilogy, and his wife, police said Sunday.

The remains of one person were found Sunday in the ashes of the house and are probably those of the 83-year-old actor or his wife, 67-year-old Kia Ostling, said police spokesman Jan Strommegard. Both were reported missing by their relatives who say the couple apparently was home when the fire destroyed the house early Friday.

The building, located in a remote area outside the small town of Skara in southwest Sweden, had burned to the ground. Only the chimney was left when firefighters arrived at the scene

Strommegard couldn't immediately say when the identification of the remains would be completed but said police would continue to search for the remains of a second person.

The cause of the blaze was unknown.

Oscarsson won the best actor award at the 1966 Cannes Film Festival for his role as starving writer Pontus in the movie "Hunger." During his career he starred in more than 100 Swedish films and TV series.

Most recently, he appeared in the Swedish film "The Girl Who Played With Fire" based on Larsson's popular book. He played Holger Palmgren, the legal guardian to the heroine, Lisbeth Salander.

In his review of the film, U.S. critic Roger Ebert singled out Oscarsson's performance and described him as "a great Swedish actor ... who incredibly never worked with Bergman."

- this means they will have to reshoot as he appear in all books? :shock:
ImageImage