THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO news and tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Sophie

Post by Sophie »

Just saw the trailer!

It is going to be GOOOOOD :D :D
you wanna do WHAT to me?
Aimee84

Post by Aimee84 »

Spoiler question*

Do you reckon in the movie they will have the Blomkvist and Cecilia affair??? or maybe tone it down a little?

Post by caramel »

Aimee84 wrote:Spoiler question*

Do you reckon in the movie they will have the Blomkvist and Cecilia affair??? or maybe tone it down a little?
I remember reading way in the beginning of filming that Blomkvist sleeps only with Lisbeth. Compared to the book he is less promiscuous :evil: Don't know if thats true.
sasha

Post by sasha »

I think it was said that they want to make Blomkvist less promiscuous.
It was in WMagazine (interview with Fincher) "it departs rather dramatically from the book. Blomkvist is less promiscuous, Salander is more aggressive, and, most notably, the ending—the resolution of the drama—has been completely changed."

Read More http://www.wmagazine.com/celebrities/20 ... z1OBTcEb2y
sasha

Post by sasha »

caramel wrote:

I remember reading way in the beginning of filming that Blomkvist sleeps only with Lisbeth. Compared to the book he is less promiscuous :evil: Don't know if thats true.
Sorry caramel, couldn't see your post, it looks like we posted almost simultaneously. :(
Aimee84

Post by Aimee84 »

Damn :( well it seems we got one sex scene in there lol i wont complain anymore lol :twisted:

Post by Germangirl »

Yup, its such a waste :evil:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Germangirl wrote:Yup, its such a waste :evil:
Depends on the scene and how long it lasts! :twisted:

I would rather have one really good scene, than several like the beginning of FOAF where the action cannot clearly be seen!
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

http://www.laineygossip.com/Internation ... =0&CelID=0

What do you think? Is he protective in the poster. What is he, if not?

To me, it always was those two against them baddies - they helped each other CLEARLY, when ever the need occured. So in my book, they are protective of each other...
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Germangirl wrote:http://www.laineygossip.com/Internation ... =0&CelID=0

To me, it always was those two against them baddies - they helped each other CLEARLY, when ever the need occured. So in my book, they are protective of each other...
I don't see his pose as being protective.

I see it as the two of them against the world.....a partnership of fractured personalities, trying to find the truth and heal themselves along the way.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

JEC57 wrote:
Germangirl wrote:http://www.laineygossip.com/Internation ... =0&CelID=0

I don't see his pose as being protective.

I see it as the two of them against the world.....a partnership of fractured personalities, trying to find the truth and heal themselves along the way.
But they DO come to each others help every so often - so yes - two against the world but still protective of each other, no? Maybe I miss an english term for that. -

trueblue

Post by trueblue »

SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

JEC57 wrote:
sf2la wrote:
JEC57 wrote: Imo, Daniel's career is not and never was about Bond. It's about meaty, hard, complex roles like this. Roles which other actors can only dream about having enough talent to even contemplate trying.
There are no truer words.

Fortunately Bond got him the attention he's deserved for all these years. It's so fantastic that he got this role. I thought Daniel was offered the role. Does anyone know if Pitt was seriously considered?
As far as I know, Pitt was not offered it. Lots of names were thrown around but from I remember, Daniel was first choice. The huge question-mark, one which served to bring Pitt's name up again and again, was whether Daniel could fit it all in because of his commitment to Bond.

Also, from what I remember from the gossip (so salt may be needed!) was that Pitt really wanted the role. No disrespect to him, but he is just not up to a role like this. Blomqvist needs an actor who can reach the depths of a tortured soul, and no-one does that better in today's choice of lead male actors than Daniel.[/quote]

I agree with your comments JEC but I don't want him to be a "tortured soul"!!! :shock: Since posting my comments last weekend, I have thought about it some more and wonder if Daniel doesn't take the 'dark shadows' home with him. He seems pretty ebullient and feisty as a person and yet I also believe he is quite sensitive. I would imagine him saying 'I'm just fine thanks' if anyone asked him but do we truly think that he walked off the Dragon Tattoo set every day feeling perfectly normal???? That is my concern for Daniel generally speaking. The movie is still damn hot and a potentially amazing, galvanizing and raw cinema experience........ 8)
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

NextBondGirl wrote:
JEC57 wrote:
sf2la wrote: There are no truer words.

Fortunately Bond got him the attention he's deserved for all these years. It's so fantastic that he got this role. I thought Daniel was offered the role. Does anyone know if Pitt was seriously considered?
As far as I know, Pitt was not offered it. Lots of names were thrown around but from I remember, Daniel was first choice. The huge question-mark, one which served to bring Pitt's name up again and again, was whether Daniel could fit it all in because of his commitment to Bond.

Also, from what I remember from the gossip (so salt may be needed!) was that Pitt really wanted the role. No disrespect to him, but he is just not up to a role like this. Blomqvist needs an actor who can reach the depths of a tortured soul, and no-one does that better in today's choice of lead male actors than Daniel.[/quote]

I agree with your comments JEC but I don't want him to be a "tortured soul"!!! :shock: Since posting my comments last weekend, I have thought about it some more and wonder if Daniel doesn't take the 'dark shadows' home with him. He seems pretty ebullient and feisty as a person and yet I also believe he is quite sensitive. I would imagine him saying 'I'm just fine thanks' if anyone asked him but do we truly think that he walked off the Dragon Tattoo set every day feeling perfectly normal???? That is my concern for Daniel generally speaking. The movie is still damn hot and a potentially amazing, galvanizing and raw cinema experience........ 8)
I don`t think, you need to worry about that, he said in an interview, that he can switch off quite easily and I do believe that. He is in it so long and knows, how to do it IMO.

Daniel_Craig

Post by Daniel_Craig »

Last edited by Daniel_Craig on Thu May 05, 2016 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.