THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO news and tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Wow, nicer words could never be said about someone. Yep, steady at #2 :lol: .
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

This week's cover: Brace yourself for 'The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.' Plus: The Holiday Movie Preview

When director David Fincher offered Rooney Mara the part of Lisbeth Salander, he laid out the stark reality of what she would be forced to endure. “I told Rooney, ‘You’re ­going to be emaciated, you have to be naked, you have to get raped [on screen], get pierced, smoke cigarettes, ride a motorcycle,’” Fincher recalls, in this week’s EW cover story. “‘I need you to really concentrate and tell me this is something you want.’” The actress didn’t even flinch. “There were certainly things I was scared to do, but I never thought I wasn’t up for the challenge,” she says. “The ­motorcycle was the thing I ­really didn’t want to do. You know, you’re ­going to be raped, be naked… But as soon as he was like, ‘You’re going to have to ride a motorcycle,’ I was like, ‘Oh, really?’”

Less than two weeks after Mara got the part, she found herself in a room at New York City’s Crosby Street Hotel, surrounded by strangers and about to radically transform her appearance. Hairstylist Danilo Dixon pulled Mara’s lovely brown hair back into a braid, asked if she was ready, and squeezed the scissors. He handed her the foot-long twist in a Ziploc bag (she still has it), then dyed and shaped what remained into Salander’s blue-black butch jag. Mara wasn’t too freaked out until he bleached her eyebrows, which was a tough adjustment. “I needed a moment,” she says. “I just had to process, okay, this is what you look like now.” She ­recovered quickly, though, and soon headed to Brooklyn to get her eyebrow and ears pierced (she had a nipple pierced in Sweden).

Fincher is obviously comfortable with controversy. Good thing: Fans of the book and the 2009 Swedish film — which stars Noomi Rapace and Michael ­Nyqvist and earned a respectable $10.1 million in the U.S. — will be watching closely for any perceived missteps. “We’ve got something very simple to deliver on,” says Fincher. “A gigantic f—ing book that people have very rigid preconceived ­notions of, to the point that they actually take umbrage with a teaser poster.” Ah, the teaser poster. In June, the ­Internet erupted over the provocative image of a topless Mara staring blankly into the camera while Craig wraps an arm around her in a pose some found protective. Many commenters thought the image made Lisbeth ­Salander seem uncharacteristically submissive. “I don’t buy that she’s ­being protected,” says Fincher. “It’s wholly subjective. I don’t think she looks weak. I don’t think she looks like she’s being protected. She may not look like the character that you had in mind or the character you’ve ­already seen, but she looks very much like the character in our movie.”

http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/11/10/drago ... eks-cover/
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

:D

Some flesh and the belt :lol:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Dunda wrote::D

MmmMmm I posted a bigger version in the photo thread. :D
Sophie

Post by Sophie »

Sylvia's girl wrote:

you are fast ladies, I rushed here to post it but it was already done :)
you wanna do WHAT to me?
cheryl1700

Post by cheryl1700 »

Sophie wrote:
Sylvia's girl wrote:

Those are big boots she is wearing, I wonder if daniel said, careful wot your doing with those feet in the photoshoot. Very close to his wedding tackle,
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

cheryl1700 wrote:
Sophie wrote:
Sylvia's girl wrote: MmmMmm I posted a bigger version in the photo thread. :D
Those are big boots she is wearing, I wonder if daniel said, careful wot your doing with those feet in the photoshoot. Very close to his wedding tackle,
She's placed them just right !
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Uh, yeah
Daniel Craig was on the cover of Entertainment Weekly in the summer for Cowboys & Aliens and his pants action was piss poor. Click here for a refresher. This time it’s for The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. MUCH better.

As we build towards the film’s release, we are now getting more and more access to its centrepiece Lisbeth Salander played by Rooney Mara. She talks to EW about how she physically prepared for the role and David Fincher defends the controversial poster that so many of you hated and you can click here to read an excerpt from the article but my favourite quote isn’t about the actual character but about Rooney’s attitude in getting to be the character, in relation to all the other girls who wanted Lisbeth for themselves. Rooney was not the first choice:

“They said they didn’t want to see me. I was like, ‘Okay, that makes sense. I don’t think I’m necessarily right for it either.’ And then I saw the girls who were potentially up for the part all over the Internet and I thought, ‘Well, if these girls are going in, I should get a chance. They’re not necessarily any more right for it than I am.’”

Who were those other girls?

Scarlett Johansson, Natalie Portman, Mia Wasikowska, Carey Mulligan, Ellen Page, Kristen Stewart, Keira Knightley...

There it is. That’s what happens all day, every day in that town. Two good parts all year and all of them fighting for it, second guessing themselves, questioning each other, judging each other...

And then at the parties it’s all kisses and hugs!

Why can’t that be a reality show?

http://www.laineygossip.com/Articles/De ... gon-Tattoo
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Daniel_Craig

Post by Daniel_Craig »

Last edited by Daniel_Craig on Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

I'm not convinced they didn't PS his stomach. Either he's spray-tanned or PSd and Also the texture. He isn't hairy like what it appears. Shadows are one thing, but this looks like he has a hairy stomach. Just a minuscule blip to me. The photo is possibly his sexiest ever.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Daniel_Craig wrote:
Sylvia's girl wrote:This week's cover: Brace yourself for 'The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.' Plus: The Holiday Movie Preview

This cover is f***ing amazing! :twisted:
Can you get it? At the main train station?
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

SilverDragon

Post by SilverDragon »

Simply amazing!!! :drool:
calypso

Post by calypso »

si! :twisted:
ImageImage
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

U.S. Residents: The UK Empire is at Barnes and Noble! I got mine today!! :lol:
cheryl1700

Post by cheryl1700 »

SF I think they have both been heavily sprayed with tan. or photoshopped. But on the smoking coming out of daniel's mouth pic.
You can see where some one has rubbed it on his face, and near his ear is white skin, they missed it. Something that us girls on the site, would never do, we never miss a cm. of his skin. We would do the job proper!