THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO news and tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Yeah, I saw that the other day. Its been repeated a couple of times. There was also a half hour programme late on channel 4 dedicated to tattoo a couple of nights ago.
dolphin100

Post by dolphin100 »

For those who saw it I have a question - How violent are the rape scenes? I admit I have issues with that subject and I don't know if I could sit through that part. I'm thinking of waiting for it to come on pay for view so I can fast forward, but I really want to see it in the theater.
calypso

Post by calypso »

dolphin100 wrote:For those who saw it I have a question - How violent are the rape scenes? I admit I have issues with that subject and I don't know if I could sit through that part. I'm thinking of waiting for it to come on pay for view so I can fast forward, but I really want to see it in the theater.
Both were strong but it was ok, I not flinch, but it graphic and powerful, after first one, you really felt fir lisbeth walking home in pain but then she triumphed, one lady in cinema say you go girl when lisbeth got back at bjurman
ImageImage
caramel

Post by caramel »

dolphin100 wrote:For those who saw it I have a question - How violent are the rape scenes? I admit I have issues with that subject and I don't know if I could sit through that part. I'm thinking of waiting for it to come on pay for view so I can fast forward, but I really want to see it in the theater.
I admit I get squeamish watching such scenes - but I was able to get thru ok with some fidgeting on my part. I watched it with absolute horror for Lisbeth. But then even the scene where she gets her revenge on Nils was also horrifying but not so bad that you can't sit thru it. At least I could. Please don't miss the big screen experience. This movie is amazing. If it gets too much just suffer thru it with your eyes closed or something. They are just few minutes anyways and you can't let a few scenes rule over the rest of the awesomeness. Seriously.
dolphin100

Post by dolphin100 »

Ok. Thanks for the responses. I really want to see it and support Daniel.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Just remember that it's just acting. She's not really getting raped. There's no blood. Her revenge was satisfying. It was interesting to read beforehand that she didn't 'meet' her rapist before the scene because she wanted the feeling of violation by a stranger.
calypso

Post by calypso »

http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/christmas- ... ossible-4/

Tatto in fifth with $13 million :shock:
Estimated $26 million so that shock
ImageImage
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Yep, somehow it's very disappointing. It's not doing as well as I have hoped.
But I think it will do better after the holidays. I guess most people went to see family movies at Christmas.

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

It started solid to strong in th first two days and then got weaker, even with great reviews and most likely good word of mouth. Go figure...

Lets hope, it DOES pick up some steam next week. Not a nice X-mas present for Daniel..

"Dragon Tattoo" raised its total to $21.4 million since opening Tuesday night, while "Tintin" lifted its take to $17.1 million since debuting Wednesday.

http://www.hitfix.com/articles/box-offi ... as-weekend
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

caramel

Post by caramel »

Dunda wrote:Yep, somehow it's very disappointing. It's not doing as well as I have hoped.
But I think it will do better after the holidays. I guess most people went to see family movies at Christmas.
I was a bit bummed too. What is wrong with people?!
But then its only been 5 days... lets hope this has legs..

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic: $21,400,000
+ Foreign: $1,600,000
= Worldwide: $23,000,000
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id ... ttoo11.htm
cassandra

Post by cassandra »

Daniel talked to Francine Stock about The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo on BBC Radio 4’s The Film Programme, which was first broadcast on 22 December and repeated on Christmas Day. Those living in the UK can listen to the interview, at the beginning of the programme, on BBC iPlayer: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... 2_12_2011/

Recently there have been so many interviews about the film that I don’t think we learn anything new, but it’s always a pleasure to listen to Daniel’s voice.

I am looking forward to seeing the film some time in the coming week. I hope it has a strong opening in the UK and that the box office figures pick up in the US.
dolphin100

Post by dolphin100 »

It's a dark R instead of a "light" R like those Hangover movies, so that's always a hard sale during the holidays. Also (and it's sad to say) most Americans want their movies dumbed or numbed down. I admit I had issues with the rape stuff because of my own personal issues, but I'm glad there are still movie makers who aren't afraid to go for it. If there were more then this movie and movies like it would probably be more successful. Daniel mentioned Blade Runner which opened poorly too, but became a classic.

I'm going to see it tomorrow!
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

I'd like to think the attendance might have something to do with it not being a movie the entire family can see during the XMAS holidays. A lot of my neighbors and friends have visiting relatives for several days, if not the whole week. It's not something you necessarily want to go see with your father, niece, nephew, etc. But then again, those responsible for predicting the movies' attendance already know this. My book club of 6 people, all of whom have read the book, are waiting until after the holidays to see it. The professionals probably didn't consider how many times D2D members would see it either :wink: . I pick up more and more each time I see it.
Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

I'd like to think the attendance might have something to do with it not being a movie the entire family can see during the XMAS holidays. A lot of my neighbors and friends have visiting relatives for several days
Im going to take my mom & sis to see it with me after the NY's day 8) idk if they'll be happy with this NY present but anyway! :P
Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

Crazy!