THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO news and tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

caramel

Post by caramel »

sasha wrote:I feel if Fincher wouldn't return to Millennium there have to be some weighty reasons, not just him being very interested in a new project. There was many interviews indicated that he actually wanted to make franchise for adults and even his plans how to shoot them. I'm still hoping that he is onboard.

There is one:

FINCHER: I would be most sad if people went, “Eh,” and they didn’t make the second or third one. Second most sad would be to not be asked back. We’ll see what happens . . .

http://www.interviewmagazine.com/fashio ... her/#page4

Interesting - Fincher says that he actually doesen't do as many takes as people like to think and "I’m going to find out exactly what our average number of takes was."

And in the end the editor adds:
[Editor’s note: The average number of takes for any scene on The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo was seven.] :shock:
But maybe it includes some shots of background exteriors and landscapes. :lol:
Thats interesting. I honestly thought he might not be that interested in doing the rest from something I read from somewhere.
But from this, looks like he wants to :dunno:
Also I read on some comment in GDT Imdb that TGWPWF is supposedly his fav book.

Regards to his number-of-takes, it is probably akin to DC being viewed by some as grumpy and one who hates promoting blah blah ...
If it is so exaggerated and talked about unfairly it probably annoys him.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

sasha wrote:I feel if Fincher wouldn't return to Millennium there have to be some weighty reasons, not just him being very interested in a new project. There was many interviews indicated that he actually wanted to make franchise for adults and even his plans how to shoot them. I'm still hoping that he is onboard.

There is one:

FINCHER: I would be most sad if people went, “Eh,” and they didn’t make the second or third one. Second most sad would be to not be asked back. We’ll see what happens . . .

Interesting - Fincher says that he actually doesen't do as many takes as people like to think and "I’m going to find out exactly what our average number of takes was."

[Editor’s note: The average number of takes for any scene on The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo was seven.] :shock:
Hmmm
Mara: I’m still looking for my next film. There’s this movie at Disney I am really interested in.

FINCHER: What is it?

MARA: I don’t want to give out too much information, but it involves a lot of water.
I don't remember a female role in 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea? :lol: :lol:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
khenton

Post by khenton »

Does anyone remember the director Otto Preminger Laura exodus anatomy of a murder. Big time for many takes. Can't remember what actor said he made them go thru a door twenty some odd times. Always stuck with me. Could be exaggeration but it shows fincher not only perfectionist in history of movie making
Damn. No future with Daniel Craig.Image
Fourwordsbeforesex "Hello, I'm Daniel Craig."
caramel

Post by caramel »

Dunda wrote:

There is one:

Hmmm
Mara: I’m still looking for my next film. There’s this movie at Disney I am really interested in.

FINCHER: What is it?

MARA: I don’t want to give out too much information, but it involves a lot of water.
I don't remember a female role in 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea? :lol: :lol:
The back and forth between them is very cute...
Too bad he has a GF, I would like to see these two together :twisted:
tampa

Post by tampa »

I read some interesting posts on the Tattoo site that give some hope he might do the next 2 books. One post noted that Sony and Fincher may want the Oscar voters to think this is his only film, and their only chance to give him a nomination as director for the one film. Also, and this makes sense too, he may be bargaining over money and other issues with Sony and he is talking 20,000 Leagues as a bargaining chip.

The Guilds have been great to Tattoo. It has gotten nominated in almost every category but SAG, but I read where Sony got the screeners out too late and it cost the film SAG noms. It will be amazing if it gets Best Picture, Dir., or Best Actress nominations. I don't think it will win in these major categories, but nominations would help advertising, and would boost the gross which could insure the 2 sequels.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I hope, Daniel and Rooneyx will be presenting. Its sad, he will walk away empty handed again. They should give him a supporting nod.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

tampa

Post by tampa »

Germangirl wrote:I hope, Daniel and Rooneyx will be presenting. Its sad, he will walk away empty handed again. They should give him a supporting nod.
I think most actors hate appearing at the Oscars and usually will only do it if they are nominated, have already won, or are at least working in the States. I think studios push actors to appear. I can't see him taking more time away from Bond, and flying all the way to LA to be on screen for a few minutes to present a costume award, which I think he did last time he did it. That's unless Sony insists he come to present with Mara if the film gets some great noms. I still think he'd do anything to get out of going. It must be torture for him.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

True, he is never as nervous as there and it shows. Still, I love him on that stage.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

khenton wrote:Does anyone remember the director Otto Preminger Laura exodus anatomy of a murder. Big time for many takes. Can't remember what actor said he made them go thru a door twenty some odd times. Always stuck with me. Could be exaggeration but it shows fincher not only perfectionist in history of movie making
Otto Preminger was an amazing director, Laura is one of my all time favorite movies. Good memory K.
Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

Also I read on some comment in GDT Imdb that TGWPWF is supposedly his fav book.
yeah its his fav book

really hope it will go on being nominated.
it will really help increase the BO
caramel

Post by caramel »

Looked like GDT came so close to beating Sherlock Holmes on Wednesday's BO - Sweet :D
Its in 3rd spot now! Smaller drop compared to SH and MI.
Things of course will change when new movies come out in the weekend but so far so good. Hope it reaches its prod budget by this weekend.

Domestic: $80,178,300
Foreign: $29,300,000
Worldwide: $109,478,300

http://boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

This pretty much reflects, how I would put it.

http://buckle22.blogspot.com/2012/01/ne ... 5813338989

I read many tweets and he often gets his fair share of love. Unfortunately I think, the character is played too laid back (which is actually the beauty of it) to be really recognized. But as far as we know Daniel, he rather gives a fitting performance, then overpower everybody else to get a nod. We know, he could though. :wink:

GrandpaBowen Jack Bowen
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo was utterly brilliant. Haven't seen a film as good as that in quite a while. Daniel Craig- great performance

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

http://www.newuniversity.org/2012/01/en ... got-there/

To Daniel Craig, I owe the same praise I give to Mara. Just as Mara captured Salander, Craig was the same for Blomkvist on the screen, and he plays the character quite comfortably. Unlike Mara, Craig has already proved his talent in other work, but I must reiterate that “The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo” is as good a testament as any to his unbridled talent as a thespian.

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Dragon Tat won award for best editing at the Critics Choice awards last night.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-16542182
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »