THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO news and tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Germangirl wrote:Thanks May. Good, the are still at it, bad, it will be so long.Time for Daniel to do something in between. I suppose, he had to wait out for a final decision as to when move on with it. Now he can go ahead with whatever. Problem is, hw will he be able to work on both - Bond and Tattoo to come out in 14? Bond comes first surely and they will have to wait for that.

:evil: Fincher. He is sulling over it instead of giving them an honest answer. He has had time enough to make up his mind. I suppose, he is miffed, that it didn't get more important awards. So am I, but still...he should be a man and decide, so they can find themselves another director and move ahead. This attitude is just :evil:

Sorry sf, but your no 2 man is pissing me off...
Haha - I just now read this. I can't figure out why sometimes I get emails about posts and sometimes not. I could listen to that man talk all day. I guess it's what RW says - talent and intelligence are sexy. He seems to have a good sense of humor too. Oh, and the very kind voice and blue eyes don't hurt. Still my #2 regardless of what he decides :lol: . Oh, but May's post above sounds VERY positive. I think he'll do it, and I think he'll do it better than Tattoo because he'll feel a need to.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

We can only hope, ANYBODY is doing it. The article sounds good - thanks May.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

caramel

Post by caramel »

Maybelline wrote:David Fincher Says He's Still Figuring Out 'Dragon Tattoo' Sequel

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/ ... s-20120827
Seems like DF might be back after all :|
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

Caramel, where have you been? I miss your beautiful siggy. :thumbup:
It's impossible to guess who might direct the 2nd movie, I want to see it done but not just to make an American version but to make it great like DF did with the 1st book.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I think, he would have to condence his efforts, otherwise how long would back to back take?
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

This sounds rather realistic and not too good

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/ ... um=twitter

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

All we know is; that the sequels have been delayed [1], don't have a director yet and that Craig doesn't know whats going on with it [2] although he does want Fincher to direct it [3][4] and now with the success of SF, perhaps Craig's stardom can bring new light into it, I feel as though someone is going to want to make these films. I just seen this on Wikipedia;

The Girl Who Played with Fire and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest
It has been announced that the other two parts in the Millennium series, The Girl Who Played with Fire and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest, will be adapted. David Fincher confirmed that he's working with writer Steven Zaillian on the script.

There is NOT a source but I read a few online article's from Aug that are claiming Fincher is still working on it and trying to figure out how to make it his own.[5][6] I Haven't lost all hope yet.

From someone at CBN

Cam

Post by Cam »

Germangirl wrote:All we know is; that the sequels have been delayed [1], don't have a director yet and that Craig doesn't know whats going on with it [2] although he does want Fincher to direct it [3][4] and now with the success of SF, perhaps Craig's stardom can bring new light into it, I feel as though someone is going to want to make these films. I just seen this on Wikipedia;

The Girl Who Played with Fire and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest
It has been announced that the other two parts in the Millennium series, The Girl Who Played with Fire and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest, will be adapted. David Fincher confirmed that he's working with writer Steven Zaillian on the script.

There is NOT a source but I read a few online article's from Aug that are claiming Fincher is still working on it and trying to figure out how to make it his own.[5][6] I Haven't lost all hope yet.

From someone at CBN
Well that's good news! I've been watching (again) TGWADT this evening and i really hope to watch The Girl Who Played with Fire and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest.
Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

the OST is nominated for a Grammy award!
& Tin Tin as well!

congrats!
Best Score Soundtrack For Visual Media

The Adventures Of Tintin - The Secret Of The Unicorn
John Williams, composer
[Sony Classical]

The Artist
Ludovic Bource, composer
[Sony Classical]

The Dark Knight Rises
Hans Zimmer, composer
[WaterTower Music]

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo
Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross, composers
[Null/Madison Gate]

Hugo
Howard Shore, composer
[Howe Records]
Journey
Austin Wintory, composer
[Sony Computer Entertainment America]
bubita

Post by bubita »

I absolutely love the sountrack for TGWTDT. It´s been a year since I listened the first time and I haven´t got tired of it.
It helps me to concentrate while painting.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I would imnagine, its possible, his agent tested the ground, but like they say, its all negotiations talk and there is no way to make the movie without Blomkvist

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/ ... um=twitter
Last edited by Germangirl on Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

It's making the news

Daniel Craig could be written out of "Girl Who Played With Fire" as the studio looks to cut costs for a sequel.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/g ... ats-416621

The second book revolves around Lisbeth much more than the first one.....
Blomkvist doesn't have to appear, it would be possible to let Armasky (or any other "colleagues" of Lisbeth) do the research that Blomkvist does in the second book. But I don't think there is truth to it......

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Those film papers do the same thing as the Boulevard press. One writes something and they all pick it up. Lets see, if deadline has something to say on the mattter.
Last edited by Germangirl on Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

I really hope he does it and that they don't write him out because of money. Surely it would be his name that would bring audiences to see it? He doesn't strike me as the sort to be overly greedy, I hope the Bond money hasn't gone to his head.