THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO news and tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

caramel

Post by caramel »

cassandra wrote:I agree with you, GG.

Do you remember that comment from Harvey Weinstein?
I never expected The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo to be so romantic. The original Swedish movie was good, but this was better because Rooney Mara’s Lisbeth Salander broke my heart. To me, the key is how great Daniel Craig is. If you don’t love him, Salander doesn’t work at all. He’s so much more powerful than the Swedish actor and he’s the center strength and selflessness of the movie, so when he walks off with Robin Wright, I’m thinking, why am I welling up at Dragon Tattoo?
http://www.deadline.com/2012/01/oscar-q ... e-vod-age/
Such wonderful words from one of the bigwigs of HW. Thx for bringing that again ;)
Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

I hope its true

:!:
But good news: Lisbeth Salander and Michael Bloomkvist will soon be returning to the streets of Sodermalm. Here is how “First Showing” reported the story:

Finally, fans of Stieg Larsson’s novels that started with The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, and hit the big screen courtesy of The Social Network director David Fincher, might be pleased to hear that Columbia has decided to move forward with the sequel, The Girl Who Played with Fire. Belgrad apparently said they’re “pushing ahead” with the sequel, but it’s not clear if Fincher is returning to direct. Rooney Mara and Daniel Craig are already slated to return, and a script from Steve Zailian is already complete (along with a screenplay for the third installment, The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest). The film wasn’t a runaway hit at the box office, but apparently it found a big enough audience to warrant the sequel. Stay tuned for more on these sequels and other projects as updates become available.
http://thetattooedgirl.wordpress.com/20 ... /#more-951
cheryl1700

Post by cheryl1700 »

Yessss!!! so glad. :D
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

cheryl1700 wrote:Yessss!!! so glad. :D
Its the same article, we had a few days ago. Its just a good sign, but nnot cvonfirmed yet. We need to read it in Deadline.com or the likes -unfortunately.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

cheryl1700

Post by cheryl1700 »

Germangirl wrote:
cheryl1700 wrote:Yessss!!! so glad. :D
Its the same article, we had a few days ago. Its just a good sign, but nnot cvonfirmed yet. We need to read it in Deadline.com or the likes -unfortunately.
oh i see, fingers crossed. :wink:
Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

any good sign is a a reason 2 celebrate 4 me
Im easy :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Elvenstar on Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Elvenstar wrote:any goos sign is a a reason 2 celebrate 4 me
You're right. Lets give out some good vibes for this.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

bubita

Post by bubita »

Germangirl wrote:
Elvenstar wrote:any goos sign is a a reason 2 celebrate 4 me
You're right. Lets give out some good vibes for this.
fingers crossed.
Maybelline

Post by Maybelline »

‘The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo’ Sequel Won’t Arrive Until 2014 or Later; David Fincher Still Not Locked To Direct

http://thefilmstage.com/news/the-girl-w ... to-direct/
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Thanks May. Good, the are still at it, bad, it will be so long.Time for Daniel to do something in between. I suppose, he had to wait out for a final decision as to when move on with it. Now he can go ahead with whatever. Problem is, hw will he be able to work on both - Bond and Tattoo to come out in 14? Bond comes first surely and they will have to wait for that.

:evil: Fincher. He is sulling over it instead of giving them an honest answer. He has had time enough to make up his mind. I suppose, he is miffed, that it didn't get more important awards. So am I, but still...he should be a man and decide, so they can find themselves another director and move ahead. This attitude is just :evil:

Sorry sf, but your no 2 man is pissing me off...

caramel

Post by caramel »

Germangirl wrote:Thanks May. Good, the are still at it, bad, it will be so long.Time for Daniel to do something in between. I suppose, he had to wait out for a final decision as to when move on with it. Now he can go ahead with whatever. Problem is, hw will he be able to work on both - Bond and Tattoo to come out in 14? Bond comes first surely and they will have to wait for that.
Not necessarily, right? Bond usually comes out in the fall. If they start working on Tattoo early next year, there is a good chance of releasing it in spring 2014 much before Bond.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

caramel wrote:
Germangirl wrote:Thanks May. Good, the are still at it, bad, it will be so long.Time for Daniel to do something in between. I suppose, he had to wait out for a final decision as to when move on with it. Now he can go ahead with whatever. Problem is, hw will he be able to work on both - Bond and Tattoo to come out in 14? Bond comes first surely and they will have to wait for that.
Not necessarily, right? Bond usually comes out in the fall. If they start working on Tattoo early next year, there is a good chance of releasing it in spring 2014 much before Bond.
You are right. IK never expected it to come out in 13 anyway - and certainly not with Fincher at the helm. He shoud step back IMO.

Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

I still want Fincher

btw he dropped out of Cleo
http://collider.com/david-fincher-cleopatra/191006/
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Maybelline

Post by Maybelline »

David Fincher Says He's Still Figuring Out 'Dragon Tattoo' Sequel

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/ ... s-20120827