THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO news and tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Sylvia's girl wrote:David Fincher on 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' and Working on 'Return of the Jedi'

Here's just a snippet regarding DC

I've had Enya stuck in my head for the last week. I'm not sure whether to be happy or upset about that.
Well, let's say that you had Enya stuck in your head for the right reasons.

And nothing against "Orinoco Flow"...
It's funny, we were sitting in a hotel room -- ironically just like this one, because it was a sister hotel in Soho. And we were saying that Martin should be this audiophile. But what song should he play? And Daniel Craig piped up and said, "Orinoco Flow!" And everyone in the room was like, "What is he talking about?" And he says, "No, no, no, and he went and grabbed his iPod [at this point Fincher runs across the room to simulate Craig's actions] and he went, "play." And we all just burst into laughter. I didn't know that's what it's called. If he had said "Sail Away"...

I enjoyed that you acted that out for me. I felt like I was there.
The funny thing was with his scamper across the room ... he was so pleased.

I would have never guessed that song idea came from him.
Daniel Craig is a fucking funny man.

http://blog.moviefone.com/2011/12/19/da ... interview/
I must really be dense; I don't get the Scooby Doo reference. Maybe I missed an intonation in the actors' voices?

Yep, my #2 is Fincher. Confirmed after reading some of these interviews. He's so intelligent. Talented. Cute. Rich. Close with DC.... :lol:
tampa

Post by tampa »

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/g ... ing-275904

A good BO start in the US for last night's limited evening opening. It got an "A" Cinemascore which I think is supposed to be a good omen. There will still be a tough weekend ahead with so many films opening, particularly Mission Imp. but still, this is a good start.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

sf2la wrote:Dunda, so what will they do with the movie in Germany? I hope nothing more than subtitles to their English.
Here you get no subtitles in the cinema, at least not for such a big movie. It will be dubbed, 99% of the movies shown in the theaters are dubbed.

Only some big venues in the bigger citiys will show the original version.

I'll go to the preview (if there is any :wink: ), but this will be the dubbed version.
The original version wll most likely not be shown before the official release date.
Hubby will watch it too and he will not watch the original, because it's to hard to follow if you are not "trained" to watch it in English when there are no English subs. When it's out on DVD then ONLY the original with English sub :wink:

Arthouse cinemas normally only show originals of smaller independent productions and what I call it "Artsy shit" :lol:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

^ Here's hoping the DVD gets releases ASAP! Wow, someone doing the translation isnt going to be able to act like the original actor. Oh well, you'll get to enjoy he eye candy in he meantime. Personally, I'd say that DC doesn't look THAT great in this movie. Some scenes, yes. The film literally has a darkness to it. I think his eyes looked he right color of light blue maybe once. He looked significantly older, too. I don't think this is a movie that will garner him female fans except for his acting, star power, and 'niceness'. That's just fine with me, and maybe I'm all wrong. I'm so pleased to have been exposed to all the former DC work. It's great to see his career at this new level. The man is on top.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

sf2la wrote:^ Here's hoping the DVD gets releases ASAP! Wow, someone doing the translation isnt going to be able to act like the original actor.
Oh I guess I will see it with GG more than once. It will be shown in Düsseldorf in the original version. I think GG and me went at least 10 time to watch QoS :lol:

And I must say the German dubbing is pretty good. The voice fits and it's a plus that most actors have the same dubbing voice if every movie (when they are famous, though) and the dubbing actors are well trained actors (theater or German movies). So it's not soo bad, but nothing beats the original of course. :wink:

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

^ Oh that's good you will get to see the original. I'm trying to download the mtv for posting but trying to figure out how!!
Maybelline

Post by Maybelline »

sf2la wrote:^ Here's hoping the DVD gets releases ASAP! Wow, someone doing the translation isnt going to be able to act like the original actor. Oh well, you'll get to enjoy he eye candy in he meantime. Personally, I'd say that DC doesn't look THAT great in this movie. Some scenes, yes. The film literally has a darkness to it. I think his eyes looked he right color of light blue maybe once. He looked significantly older, too. I don't think this is a movie that will garner him female fans except for his acting, star power, and 'niceness'. That's just fine with me, and maybe I'm all wrong. I'm so pleased to have been exposed to all the former DC work. It's great to see his career at this new level. The man is on top.
I only saw the pictures and some trailer but I think he looks sexy in a nerdy way which is a nice relief to his last former roles. :wink:
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

I like nerdy too; it's just that he looks A LOT older than 43-44. I don't mind though. I just don't think it's a vehicle that will attract a legion of female fans. But I think ge has that ability in 20% of his scenes.
caramel

Post by caramel »

Nothing new in here I guess; they are asked the same questions over and over again... :roll:
Gotta be tough for these actors too to churn out the same answers so many times. Anyway it is just for a few grueling days ;)

"The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" set filled with humor, say Daniel Craig, Rooney Mara

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31749_162-5 ... oney-mara/
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

nice article
http://www.awardsdaily.com/2011/12/crit ... on-tattoo/

great news from Sweden

http://www.showblitz.com/2011/12/swedis ... attoo.html

& lolllllll :D :D :D
Rooney Mara and Daniel Craig are two perfect examples of people who should just be naked all the time.
http://a-wondrous-notion.tumblr.com/
also daniel craig / cat is my new otp
:lol:
http://babysansa.tumblr.com/
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" was originally slated to open Wednesday, but Sony decided to give an early opening a try -- and it worked.

Viewers seem to like the film ,too. The movie, based on the first novel in Swedish author Stieg Larsson's bestselling trilogy, scored an average grade of A, according to market research company CinemaScore

. http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31749_162-5 ... ice-sales/
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

^ I'll say! How could it not work?! But really, someone is going to get a nice bonus check for that suggestion!!
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Movie Review: The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo

Daniel Craig isn't just of James Bond and Cowboys vs. Aliens. He cut his teeth on complex acting opportunities like the nouveau film noir Layer Cake and biopic Sylvia. He's in two movies being released within days of each other, Dragon Tattoo and The Adventures of Tintin. Known as a generous actor, he shows himself to be just that by allowing Mara to shine as Dragon's smoldering star, although his reserved single-focused intensity serves the movie perfectly

http://herndon.patch.com/articles/movie ... gon-tattoo
Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

One of the elements that I really enjoyed from The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo was how fast it moved. This is a film one has to really pay attention to, especially if one is unfamiliar with the story, as things moved rapidly and if you don’t catch up the film will leave you behind. The editing in this film equals the brilliant and Oscar nominated editing in The Social Network, and I would be very surprised if this one didn’t receive a nomination as well. It is amazing to witness how flawlessly and effortlessly Salander and Blomkvist paths are intercut in the film, they blend with each other so perfectly and at no point do you feel lost or confused. The editing is what initially establishes their relationship and showcases how these two seemingly distinctive individuals are in fact very much alike. The relationship between these two characters is further enhanced by the Craig and Mara’s brilliant performances.
Everyone involved in the film gives a great performance, but the two standouts are by far Daniel Craig and Rooney Mara. Daniel Craig has managed to achieve something I didn’t think he could, he has finally accurately captured the essence of the every-man. Craig has an image of James Bond, an image of a larger than life star and as a result sometimes what one predominantly sees in his films is simply Craig playing a character instead of just the character. In here, Craig accurately becomes Mikael Blomkvist who is for all intents and purposes an ordinary man. It’s incredible to see how Craig adopts new mannerism ranging from tone of voice to simple facial gestures to body language and creates a full flesh character that feels real, that doesn’t feel like this bigger than life entity that probably doesn’t exist. Something that really surprised me about his performance as well was how humorous his character is and I really like that Craig was able to inject a sort of playful undertone to Blomkvist, which made him standout from the rest. His performance here in a way calls back his amazing performance in Layer Cake and I admire how brilliantly Craig redefines Blomkvist.
http://enternechoplex.tumblr.com/