THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO news and tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

JEC57 wrote:
bumblebee wrote: It will never happen - Sean, Roger, Lazenby and Pierce never shook it. Bond rules JEC :tongue:

Why weep? It provided you with that avatar! Mind you that pic alone brings tears to my eyes. :D
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

bumblebee wrote:
JEC57 wrote:
bumblebee wrote: It will never happen - Sean, Roger, Lazenby and Pierce never shook it. Bond rules JEC :tongue:

Why weep? It provided you with that avatar! Mind you that pic alone brings tears to my eyes. :D
Daniel provided me with the avatar. :wink:

Just weeping at the thought that Bond will be hung around his neck forever. :roll:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

JEC57 wrote:
bumblebee wrote:
JEC57 wrote:

Just weeping at the thought that Bond will be hung around his neck forever. :roll:
You know, I think it won't. None of the others were of his calibre. If anyone is capable of shaking it off, its him and judging from the roles he is getting lately, he is on the best way. :D So - don't worry... :wink: Bond was just his step up...
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Germangirl wrote:
JEC57 wrote:
bumblebee wrote: Why weep? It provided you with that avatar! Mind you that pic alone brings tears to my eyes. :D

You know, I think it won't. None of the others were of his calibre. If anyone is capable of shaking it off, its him and judging from the roles he is getting lately, he is on the best way. :D So - don't worry... :wink: Bond was just his step up...
But why shake, there's nothing to shake off - he made Bond his own - real, believable, broken, and thank the lord - no cheeziness. I think he's been embraced because of it, and yes, all the shallow tabloids, etc. will always use DC and Bond in the same sentence because they are ignorant and it's the easy option. Now if his Bond had been crap, that would be something to shake.
Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

Recently I heard on TV, the English-language version of Tattoo being mentioned 'with Mikael Blomkvist being played by Daniel Craig' They felt no need to add 'you know, the latest James Bond'.

Bond isn't a bad thing IMO, but in the US, his name is still a relatively unknown.
Crazy!
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Elaine_Figgis wrote:Recently I heard on TV, the English-language version of Tattoo being mentioned 'with Mikael Blomkvist being played by Daniel Craig' They felt no need to add 'you know, the latest James Bond'.

Bond isn't a bad thing IMO, but in the US, his name is still a relatively unknown.
If he becomes a house-hold name in the US because of Tattoo, then I will be over the moon. :sigh:
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

I agree with this..the film will be huge. Just hope Fincher and whoever is cast as Lisbeth can do it justice, 'cos I know DC can!

The Guy Without The Dragon Tattoo
by Madhulika Sikka

Daniel Craig will play the role of Mikael Blomkvist in the upcoming Hollywood production.

I know you've all heard of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, the first novel in the Millennium Trilogy that has taken the book world by storm. And you've probably heard they are making a Hollywood movie version of the book. Yes, I'm as enthralled as the next person about who will play Lisbeth Salander, the role of a lifetime for some young actress. Well, actually, whoever gets the role will have a tough act to follow. Noomi Rapace, who has starred in the Swedish version of the films, has been terrific as the troubled but brilliant young hacker who forms an unlikely bond with a middle-aged investigative reporter. Their connection is electronic (literally online), emotional and sometimes sexual, and it somehow works. This is without doubt the most anticipated casting mystery of the decade.

However, the world at large has not taken the time to applaud the choice of Daniel Craig to play said middle-aged investigative reporter Mikael Blomkvist. This will be a big movie. The book series has sold 27 million copies worldwide. Everyone is reading this book — on the subway, on the bus, on a park bench, on the beach. And the Millennium Trilogy tours around Stockholm are sold out. Let's face it: This is like Harry Potter for adults, as one friend described it. So the casting really matters.

I was worried. All sorts of silly names were floating around for the role of Blomkvist, George Clooney and Brad Pitt among them. It is not hard to believe that for Hollywood, a bankable star would be a must for this movie. But really, those out-of-this-world good looks, charm and sophistication — is this who Mikael Blomkvist is? Most definitely not. When I saw the Swedish version, actor Michael Nyqvist looked like, well, Mikael Blomkvist — the one that lived in my head as I raced through all three books. I imagined him as a bit of a schlub. His face would be well worn and a little sad. He would look like he drank too much coffee and ate a lot of junk food at 7-Eleven.

His eyes would be saggy, but somewhere in them he would reveal that he is capable of feeling — a must for a crusading journalist out to expose the corruption and venality of the establishment he has spent his working life battling against.

And, you know, Daniel Craig can do all that. For a start, he can pass as Swedish. I love George Clooney, but really not a drop of Swede in him. Most importantly, Craig has done it before — taken an iconic character and made it his own. I refer, of course, to James Bond. And as I've pointed out before, Craig successfully transformed the literary Bond into the celluloid Bond, and I think he is the man who is going to do the same for Mikael Blomkvist. He has the goods. And because the financial woes of MGM studios mean that the next Bond film is on hold, and in fact may never be made, it appears that Craig was available. So, director David Fincher, thank you from one of those folks who loved the books and are now actually excited to see your movie. And I'll keep my thoughts on the Salander casting to myself!

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor ... =128951123
Laredo

Post by Laredo »

That artical said it best .

I think it will do good like the Di vinci Code and Potter films were popular here too . Golden Compass , I had never heard of until he did it .
calypso

Post by calypso »

ImageImage
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I am still amazed, they have the cleverness to want him that bad...

While Zaillian continues to hone the script for the first film (he is also exec producer), the studio wants him to move right on to The Girl Who Played With Fire. SPE wants to move quickly into production on the sequel, though start dates will have to be scheduled around Craig's commitments to the James Bond franchise, and a potential sequel to Cowboys And Aliens.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Germangirl wrote:I am still amazed, they have the cleverness to want him that bad...

While Zaillian continues to hone the script for the first film (he is also exec producer), the studio wants him to move right on to The Girl Who Played With Fire. SPE wants to move quickly into production on the sequel, though start dates will have to be scheduled around Craig's commitments to the James Bond franchise, and a potential sequel to Cowboys And Aliens.
It's all good. :mrgreen:

ImageImageImage
khenton

Post by khenton »

found this : http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/filmblog ... gon-tattoo

"Could playing the anti-bond be the best career move DC ever made?
Damn. No future with Daniel Craig.Image
Fourwordsbeforesex "Hello, I'm Daniel Craig."
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

An extract from all the endless pages of tweets about this film, that is still going on. I will use this to add posts, that I think are a good read. Its just so good to read nothing but positive comments right now - even JJ has stopped the bashing for a moment. Ha - they actually have real conversations :shock: - well for now.. :lol:

broodingstorm @mspollito down the script for it. Daniel Craig is a good choice. I like George Clooney but not in that part.

ctubridy Looks like Daniel Craig is confirmed as playing Blomqvist in the American version of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. Good choice.

RAWSSE @boredintellect david fincher is directing though. Decent chance of being decent. Plus, possibly Daniel Craig as Mikael Blomqvist

SaryApples @clairetennisfan how perfect to have daniel craig in it! (Then again everything improves with Craig in it!) I too loved the books-

SaryApples @clairetennisfan if Daniel Craig is involved it might have a fair bit of integrity towards the book-fingers crossed.

christyisagirl Daniel Craig: perfect choice for Mikhail Blomkvist. He's gorgeous (not pretty), manly (Oh Almanzo), sexy, cerebral, aloof. Bravo Fincher.

illerns @erat Watch the "non-Hollywood" version. At least Daniel Craig can act. Coulda' been Tom Cruise or any number of other talentless dipshits

NAC0826 @shotbykim ...Well at least they've cast Daniel Craig. *swoon* My pick for female lead is Mila Kunis

KittenKaboom @lviboheme Daniel Craig will be playing Mickael Blomkvist in the US version... yummy! I am now ok with the remake..lol

faronheit @MatthewTelles AMEN. Though for the record I think Daniel Craig + David Fincher has real potential.

metalcoast @julesdameron with daniel craig! Woo. Love that man. Ha

metalcoast @julesdameron if it had to be remade, they had to get Daniel Craig I'm in for a triple treat - book, film, and american film.

@brynf I love Daniel Craig as the lead

ktjlarsen @JB_Chuckfan Agreed, I think the Daniel Craig casting makes him a little more interesting and frankly more sexually appealing!

minneapolisnice @zabmanic Yes, I'm worried about what Hollywood will do. Daniel Craig is a great cast, but get Lisbeth right or else

MrsHekmi @minneapolisnice omg yea what about that casting huh? Daniel Craig seems perfect. Pull off that stud muffinery better.

minneapolisnice @MrsHekmi Well, I can believe Mikael as Sexy Beast IF I picture Daniel Craig, otherwise it's like...what??? LOL

cwoodworth CANNOT wait to see new Girl w/ Dragon Tattoo. Daniel Craig = great choice. Rooting for Ellen Page w/ Carey Mulligan 2nd

MrNateA Daniel Craig as Mikael Blomkvist?!?........ That could work.

rosseburdick The US remake of "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" should be incredible w/ David Fincher directing & Daniel Craig playing Blomkvist.

jsloanmd Saw Girl with the dragon tattoo. Dear Hollywood, no need to find a new Lisbeth. You have her! (except maybe insert Daniel Craig) (twss)

kathleenoreilly Daniel Craig == Mikael Blomkvist in Dragon Tattoo??? Now THAT is casting I can get behind.

tfeatheringham I am enjoying reading Girl with the Dragon Tattoo so much more now that I am picturing Daniel Craig.

calypso

Post by calypso »

Rooney Mara & Emily Browning seem to be the choices to play the role of Lisbeth in "The Girl With Dragon Tattoo".
about 21 hours ago via web
ImageImage
Laredo

Post by Laredo »

Any photos of them ? Bios ?