THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO news and tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Dunda wrote:It's always the same everywhere :lol: :lol:

People are excited and interested as long as their personal comfort is not affected in any way.

Fincher, come to my town, I will not complain! PROMISE.
I was just thinking the same thing.

I would give a month's wages to have Daniel filming right outside my front door-step. :roll:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Daniel Craig on the set of ‘The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo’ in Sweden

I’m so sick of Hollywood remaking perfectly good Swedish movies. I’m not keen on watching ‘Let Me In’ but I might watch ‘The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo’ because of Daniel Craig. He’s one of my favourite action heroes.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Star Shine of Uppsala

... and action!
It was hustle and bustle of Queen Street during Wednesday when they recorded the additional scenes for the movie "The girl with the dragon tattoo". And the place was none other than Daniel Craig.

Back and forth go the people on the street, as if it is a normal Wednesday. But this is no ordinary Uppsala residents who operate street, there are extras representing the residents of Hedeby - one of the sites of Stieg Larsson's Millennium trilogy - which repeats.
From early morning it worked, and every scene is repeated many times over. All are obliged to comply in every detail, and although no outsiders may be near the camera can be as spectators have a clear picture of the scenes being recorded. This attracts people to stand at the barriers to see how a Hollywood production actually goes to .

During the morning, it is unclear which is actually in place, which increases their curiosity. Then the scene to be recorded is actually set in present day should Mikael Blomkvist saw a role. It would therefore mean that Daniel Craig is in town. An actor known throughout the world including for his role as James Bond. Secrecy is, however large.
- I can say is that it is Millennium film that is recorded, but that's all, "said one of the officials who make sure everything goes right.
It requires a large number of people to make up production. An extremely large number of trucks, all with a dragon on the door, parked around the place. In addition, many extras and actors.

So all of a sudden will the hustle and bustle.
- There he is! Or?
Sure it's Daniel Craig who suddenly reveals itself. On with a pair of glasses, a photograph in his hand, then he records his part of the scene. Everyone tries to get a picture of the protagonist, and despite the distance seen clearly that there is a world star that is in place.
After a few shots, he goes, however, from the site. Subsequent stops recording for days.
How scenes from Uppsala was, we shall see in December 2011 when the grand movie premiere.

source: http://www.ergo.nu/film/20101007-hollyw ... er-uppsala

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

Thank you for all the pictures, vids, and articles, I am still digesting everything, this is so overwhelming, I am so excited about this project. Daniel has Mikael wired. He is so natural looking.
Jana66

Post by Jana66 »

...and action!
I really love it, that we are can follwing the making of the movie with all this interesting informations! Keep going...and a very large thank you to ALL of your finding and showing and sharing and translating and, and and :D :D :D . Making a movie follows its own kind of rules and so we "can take part".
BTW, this is one of most secret wishes...my hometown will be involved into a Daniel-movie. As an inhabitant I would accept every kind of unnormal circumstances...and my hometown would have that great kind of advertising forever.
chrissie65

Post by chrissie65 »

[/quote]
Hi JEC,

Thanks so much! You've just made an already bright day even brighter...

Love,

Chrissie :blowkiss:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

davvelang Forgot to tell u! Met Daniel Craig outside Stockholms nation in Uppsala yesterday!

Google isn't all clear on this. Is this a bus/train station? Or a parliament building.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Chrissie65 wrote: Hi JEC,

Thanks so much! You've just made an already bright day even brighter...

Love,

Chrissie :blowkiss:
You're welcome. :wave: There are some more saved in "sendspace" scattered around on the other thread, if you are having problems with that web site. :wink:
doubleclapclap

Post by doubleclapclap »

Germangirl wrote:davvelang Forgot to tell u! Met Daniel Craig outside Stockholms nation in Uppsala yesterday!

Google isn't all clear on this. Is this a bus/train station? Or a parliament building.
Ok, that's impossible to translate for google since it doesn't exist in any other language: nation is something at the university, kind of lika a group/club for people coming to the uni from different cities. For example, the people from stockholm studying at Uppsala uni joined the Stockholm nation and they do alot of activities like parties, "proms" and stuff. Nowadays anyone from anywhere can join whichever nation they want, usually the Gothenburg nation is the fun one!! That's the city I'm from!
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Germangirl wrote:davvelang Forgot to tell u! Met Daniel Craig outside Stockholms nation in Uppsala yesterday!

Isn't it a students association of the university.

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
chrissie65

Post by chrissie65 »

You're welcome. :wave: There are some more saved in "sendspace" scattered around on the other thread, if you are having problems with that web site. :wink:

Thanks for the advice! Gotta check this immediately...
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Part of an article...Christopher Plummer mentions dragon Tattoo..

Plummer narrates the Turner Classic Movies miniseries "Moguls & Movie Stars: A History of Hollywood," which begins a weekly, seven-part run Monday, Nov. 1. He's also heading for Sweden to film director David Fincher's ("The Social Network") remake of Stieg Larsson's best seller "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" with Daniel Craig and Rooney Mara.

"I must say that the script is extremely loyal to the book," Plummer reports, "probably more than I understand the Swedish [movie] version was, and I was thrilled to see that. Those books are riveting; you cannot put them down once you're into them. I've just read all three in two days each. I was totally socially inept for one week."

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox ... oprah.html
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

From my complaints article:

The film shoot takes place from 5am to 8pm on Friday and 10am to 9pm on Saturday along St. Paulsgatan.

Boy, those are long days again...

calypso

Post by calypso »

http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/style/arti ... olm-sweden

Daniel Craig

After the surprisingly good Let Me In, Hollywood's "Swede" of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo will at least be better-looking and more stylish than the original. Bonus points for on-trend shearling. It's been too long, Daniel.

http://www.bloggingwiththestars.com/hot ... reezy.html

I know Daniel Craig is a controversial choice for the headliner Hot Guy, but if you don’t like it, too bad. There’s a reason many, many, many women love this man. He’s rugged and surly and difficult and oh, yeah, a brilliant actor. He’s beautiful sometimes, and other times he just looks rough… and yet, he’s always hot. He burns with intensity. He can play complicated men because he is a complicated man. And he’s also one of the best man-on-man homoerotic fantasies I’ve ever had – imagine him kissing Javier Bardem. Imagine him licking Benicio del Toro. Imagine his comically big ears brushing your thighs. Yeah… there’s a reason. And the reason has nothing to do with being cute or accessible or easy or family-friendly. Danny Craig is the best. Also: he’s playing Mikael Blomkvist… and it’s going to be good. Be patient. Have faith.
ImageImage
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

This one surely knew, what he was talking about. :D

Rooney Mara is quickly proving she is indeed the right girl for the part.
The actress is already submersing herself in the role of tortured, but extremely bright Lisbeth Salander in The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.
A source close to the production tells E! News that Mara, who was not injured on the film’s Swedish set as was rumored last month, has begun to transform into her character by not only cutting her long brown hair super-short and dying it black, but has also gotten a few piercings as well.
What’s more, Mara has been doing “hours and hours of Pilates and Bar Method” workouts since Salander is described in the book as looking anorexic.
And, naturally, she’s even learning how to ride a motorcycle.
“It is a custom bike built just for the film,” says our source, adding that it was custom-made because they could not find one that was detailed in the book.
Mara’s rep has not responded to E! News’ request for comment.
“She’s an incredibly talented actress, who is more than capable of this role,” insists the source. “Obviously, she is in the best of hands with [David] Fincher directing her.”
Still, there’s one thing we’re dying to know: whether or not she’ll get a real tattoo.
http://www.rooneymara.org/2010/10/roone ... formation/