THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO news and tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

BiebsContinent DANIEL CRAIG SAID HEY AND WAVED TO ME TODAY :'D

Nadiakardar SPOTTED: Daniel Craig passing us eating lunch @ Slussen!
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

A helpful site for those who get confused with all the characters and their "foreign" names :wink:

http://www.shmoop.com/girl-with-dragon- ... kvist.html

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Dunda wrote:A helpful site for those who get confused with all the characters and their "foreign" names :wink:

http://www.shmoop.com/girl-with-dragon- ... kvist.html
Good read. Lets see, how DC's B. will act it allout and what feelings of his will be on display. Gosh, there is room for so much acting without doing anything...
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Daniel Craig and David Fincher caught at Stockholm’s film set

Published October 8, 2010 News , Stieg Larsson Leave a Comment

The filming of “The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo” in Stockholm is now in full swing. Of course, we, the Mandelfriends, had to check out the location our self where the stars of Hollywood are bringing the characters of Stieg Larsson’s books to life.
The place of action was today the Sankt Paulsgatan at Södermalm, in the heart of Stockholm. The filming location was blocked by several security guards who denied all curious onlookers friendly but determined the access. What we could see was that the film team simulated rain and had several requisites for the film shoot. However, the rest was invisible for the public.
As a bonus, we almost crashed into Daniel Craig as he left the film set. He was quite in a hurry and was quickly walking to his trailer only a few blocks away. After some minutes also director David Fincher showed up at the barrier and he took even some time to give autographs.
We will hang in there and you should check soon for more news…
http://mandelfriendsblog.wordpress.com/ ... -film-set/

SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

Crikey, I'm away for four days and all this stuff happens!!!!!!!! :D 8) It just goes to show that a week is a long time in Daniel's world. I have to say that he is looking seriously beautiful these days. Age does not wither him. He's just going to keep getting better. I love that pink 'n' blue checked shirt! :wink: Only Daniel can get away with wearing something like that and still manages to look masculine. I will be visiting the Photos & Videos section in a mo' to see if any of you lovely people have uploaded some more pix ... if so, it looks like the colour printer is going to have to get busy! :lol:

Oh, he's just such a sight for sore eyes!!! I know he's fresh from the C&A set but, if you ask me, that appeared to be a CLOSED set and we got so few pix of that. Maybe that was just because they were filming in the desert and Uppsala is a densely populated city... Whatever. I'm just delighted to see him. It's been an age...

Incidentally, there didn't seem to be much of a gap between C&A ending and GWDT starting does there?? Doesn't he need a rest?? Oh well, hard work must suit him because he sure does look good!!! :twisted: :wink: :D
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

NextBondGirl wrote:Crikey, I'm away for four days and all this stuff happens!!!!!!!! :D
That'll learn ya to run off and leave us for a week!!!! :wink: :mrgreen:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

JEC57 wrote:
NextBondGirl wrote:Crikey, I'm away for four days and all this stuff happens!!!!!!!! :D
Exactly - if he comes, he comes with force (pun intended :lol:)

The filming for “The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo” has begun and Daniel Craig, playing one of the leads, is busy shooting for the very popular Stieg Larsson literary work. To be directed by David Fincher, “The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo” will see Daniel Craig in the role of a journalist named Mikael Blomkvist, who joins hands with a hacker -the girl who has a pierced a dragon tattoo on her body, played by Rooney Mara - to solve a long pending murder case. In the book, both Rooney Mara and Mikael Blomkvist are assigned tasks by a wealthy industrialist enacted in the film by Christopher Plummer. The duo’s investigation leads them to other mysterious findings in the case and they chance upon a myriad of problems within a large family.

“The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo” is one part of “The Millennium Trilogy” by Stirg Larsson. It is a criminal thriller which shows two people trying to solve a 40 -year-old murder case. Earlier reports suggested that Brad Pitt was the initial choice for the role Blomkvist, but director David Flincher decided to cast Daniel Craig instead, taking into account the growing popularity quotient of the 007 man. Flincher has also promised that he will present all the three parts of the trilogy and reports claim that Daniel Craig and his director are in talks for the future projects.

SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

JEC57 wrote:
My bad! :oops: Somebody give me the money to buy a home computer please!! :roll: :wink:
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Now on British TV. :mrgreen:

Nice piece from ITN, splicing together new footage from this week (not new to us I hasten to add! :shock: ) and some excellent quality red carpet footage.

http://itn.co.uk/ac493b582f2d467c1ebf935423c8dfbb.html

This link might also be worth keeping an eye on.....Sweden's news in English, for those of us who are linguistically challenged (....like me! :oops: )

http://www.thelocal.se/29480/20101007/
chrissie65

Post by chrissie65 »

JEC57 wrote:Now on British TV. :mrgreen:

Nice piece from ITN, splicing together new footage from this week (not new to us I hasten to add! :shock: ) and some excellent quality red carpet footage.

http://itn.co.uk/ac493b582f2d467c1ebf935423c8dfbb.html

This link might also be worth keeping an eye on.....Sweden's news in English, for those of us who are linguistically challenged (....like me! :oops: )

http://www.thelocal.se/29480/20101007/
Hi JEC, :wave:

Thanks for sharing! Guess what? I could even download it without any kinda trouble this time...

Luv,

Chrissie :sigh:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

New cast - so we will see a younger Henrik as well. Don't think, we had that in the swedish version. Guess that will be when Harriet wants to talk to him before her disappearance. This and actually filming the scenes from the bridge accident, the scenes from the celebration indicates, that the flashbacks will be fully fletched and not only shown as pics. Taken into account, that we know by searching for an actor for Ericas hubby, that they will include a lot more characters and scenes, which again suggests a LONG film :D I say 2 1/2 hours at least - makes sense too they will film for 6 months.

Julian Sands ... Henrik Vanger

Tall, gaunt--particularly in horror and drama films--British actor Julian Sands came to the attention of NBC when the network cast him in the made-for-TV Verloren und verdammt and then with Anthony Hopkins in the television film A Married Man. Sands also got notice in his very small roles in Privates on Parade and Killing Fields

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Haven't seen Julian Sands in anything for years.
No news on what parts exactly Steven Berkoff and Joely Richardson are playing.
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

We are just getting the latest series of Wallander here. I love Kenneth Branagh, the Swedish setting, etc. I wonder how it will compare. And yes, i still need to read Tattoo.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

bumblebee wrote:We are just getting the latest series of Wallander here. I love Kenneth Branagh, the Swedish setting, etc. I wonder how it will compare. And yes, i still need to read Tattoo.

I've only a read a few Wallander stories and stopped because I started to dislike the gloomy and sinister tone.

Nothing like that in Tatoo :wink: I mean Lisbeth has to go through rough and dark times, but the atmosphere in this books is anything but depressive.

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
calypso

Post by calypso »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... ds-newsxml
God dag, Kalle Blomkvist: Daniel Craig starts shooting Hollywood remake of Stieg Larsson's The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.

It's one of the most hotly-anticipated movies of all time.

After it was announced Hollywood would be remaking the original Swedish adaptation of Stieg Larsson's famous novel The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, the question on everybody's lips was who would be playing lead character Mikael Blomkvist.

And now James Bond star Daniel Craig has started shooting the blockbuster on the streets of Stockholm, Sweden.

The 42-year-old actor was spotted shooting one of the opening scenes of the novel on the steps of a courthouse in Stockholm yesterday.

Craig was also seen chatting to director David Fincher before another scene shot later in the day.

There was no sign of Craig's co-star Rooney Mara, who will be playing the title character Lisbeth Salander, on set, although she was pictured arriving in Sweden earlier this week before starting training for one of the film's many motorcycle scenes.

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo is the first book in Larsson's trilogy and tells the story of journalist Blomkvist, who teams up with computer hacker Salander to attempt to solve the disappearance of a young girl called Harriet Vanger.

And while the Hollywood version of the film is sure to be a hit, director Fincher insists he isn't trying to remake Niels Arden Oplev's Swedish film.

He said in a recent interview: 'There is absolutely no reason to do such a thing. Steve Zaillian has written the new screenplay and he based it on the book and made his own version.

'Sure, there are scenes that will resemble those in the Swedish film, but it is the book that we are filming.'

Meanwhile, Fincher also confirmed that British actress Joely Richardson would be joining the cast, although he did not reveal which character she will be playing.

Steven Berkoff has also signed on to the film, and is believed to be playing Lisbeth's villainous conservator Nils Bjurman.

The movie is expected to be released in late 2011.
ImageImage