THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO news and tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

Germangirl wrote:
tbossmc2000 wrote:
Germangirl wrote: I am about 60% through and Blomkvist is the main character so far.
GG, are you on the 1st book? yeah it is mostly Bloomkvist. Kalle f_**ing Bloomkvist.
Yes, still at it, but will get to the second, I think, while driving force and back to England.
Yeah, the name is: Blomkvist, Kalle ***ing Blomkvist :lol:
LOL, when I finished the 2nd book I had to take a break before I went to number 3. It is just a lot to take in. Oh, I hope your not reading while your driving :shock:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

tbossmc2000 wrote:Oh, I hope your not reading while your driving :shock:
Well, I used to do that back in the old days, when I had to drive through the eastern part of Germany to get force and back to Berlin, where i lived. You had to drive so slow, that I literally read books while driving. Not much traffic either. :lol:

But no, not this time, J's father is driving and since he is terribly getting on my nerves at the moment, I will be reading as much as possible to avoid getting into trouble with him, which is easily done these days, since he doesn't take different opinions AT ALL :x
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

khenton

Post by khenton »

Yeah, I think the Swed movie also tweeked the characters. It is important that Mikel is sexy 'cause he racks "em up from two to toothless as they say. LOLK
Damn. No future with Daniel Craig.Image
Fourwordsbeforesex "Hello, I'm Daniel Craig."
Cyanaurora

Post by Cyanaurora »

tbossmc2000 wrote:
Germangirl wrote:
tbossmc2000 wrote: LOL, when I finished the 2nd book I had to take a break before I went to number 3. It is just a lot to take in. Oh, I hope your not reading while your driving :shock:
How could you take a break with the "cliff hanger" ending? I went out and bought the hard back immediatly!
I don't think the Swedish title "Men who hate women" would have sold well in the US. Although I think it is an appropriate title.
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

Cyanaurora wrote:
tbossmc2000 wrote:
Germangirl wrote: How could you take a break with the "cliff hanger" ending? I went out and bought the hard back immediatly!
I don't think the Swedish title "Men who hate women" would have sold well in the US. Although I think it is an appropriate title.
Cy, after the 2nd book I only took a week break, I did get the hard cover for it. The ending of the 2nd one was intense and I was a little drained.
I bought all 3 at the same time.
Cyanaurora

Post by Cyanaurora »

tbossmc2000 wrote:
Cyanaurora wrote:
tbossmc2000 wrote: Cy, after the 2nd book I only took a week break, I did get the hard cover for it. The ending of the 2nd one was intense and I was a little drained.
I bought all 3 at the same time.
I just had to know that Salander was ok.
bubita

Post by bubita »

Cyanaurora wrote:
tbossmc2000 wrote:
Cyanaurora wrote: I just had to know that Salander was ok.
I´m still holding my breath since I finished the second book but don´t want to read the third yet, want it to be a surprise, I know I´m gonna have to wait a while till it come out but I will.
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

bubita_11 wrote:
Cyanaurora wrote:
tbossmc2000 wrote: I´m still holding my breath since I finished the second book but don´t want to read the third yet, want it to be a surprise, I know I´m gonna have to wait a while till it come out but I will.
See how long you hold out till you break down and buy the hard cover. It will be a while for the paper back to come around.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
bubita

Post by bubita »

tbossmc2000 wrote:
bubita_11 wrote:
Cyanaurora wrote: See how long you hold out till you break down and buy the hard cover. It will be a while for the paper back to come around.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
I keep telling myself, I´m not gonna break, I´m not gonna break.
This is worst than Dieting!!!! ](*,)
Laredo

Post by Laredo »

No libraries ?
Cyanaurora

Post by Cyanaurora »

The library's here have a very long waiting list. And I was told that it may be a year or more before the paper back comes out since the hard back is selling so well.
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Cyanaurora wrote:The library's here have a very long waiting list. And I was told that it may be a year or more before the paper back comes out since the hard back is selling so well.
This is weird, because in the UK all three of the books have been out in paperback for a while now. I got all three together from Amazon for £12.

The third is on sale on it's own for £3.49 (about $5.50), but I suppose by the time you've paid postage, you might as well get the hard back. :roll:
Cyanaurora

Post by Cyanaurora »

JEC57 wrote:
Cyanaurora wrote:The library's here have a very long waiting list. And I was told that it may be a year or more before the paper back comes out since the hard back is selling so well.
This is weird, because in the UK all three of the books have been out in paperback for a while now. I got all three together from Amazon for £12.

The third is on sale on it's own for £3.49 (about $5.50), but I suppose by the time you've paid postage, you might as well get the hard back. :roll:
Hard back is about $30 here :shock:
Linda

Post by Linda »

I guess I was lucky here. The third book in hard cover was on sale at $13.99 and I picked up the first book at the same time in paper back for $11.99. The second book was all out, so had to pick it up in the States while I was on vacation for $9.99 in US$ so not that much cheaper than what we can get here. I have read all three books already and have started on the first one again (slowly reading as the first two books I had to borrow from the library and had to return them asap.) Such popular books, they are flying off the shelves at book stores and our library.
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

I might read GWDT, again. it is just so good.