THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO news and tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

bubita

Post by bubita »

I can´t read it but I would hate not seeing the next 2 chapters :cry: There´s so much potential...
bubita

Post by bubita »

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo Trilogy Might Have A New Plan

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Girl-Wit ... 70765.html

Sony May Combine Two Dragon Tattoo Books Into One Film

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=43939
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

It would be ridiculous to make it without Daniel and Rooney. Fincher? I don't need him and his moneyeating way of filming. Get a decent director and just do it.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

bubita

Post by bubita »

Germangirl wrote:It would be ridiculous to make it without Daniel and Rooney. Fincher? I don't need him and his moneyeating way of filming. Get a decent director and just do it.
I love the dark tone of Fincher´s movies, I think it would be a bad decision to change director for the next movies, rather than have two books combine in one movie I´d combine the two books into two movies instead.
Angua

Post by Angua »

bubita wrote:
Germangirl wrote:It would be ridiculous to make it without Daniel and Rooney. Fincher? I don't need him and his moneyeating way of filming. Get a decent director and just do it.
I love the dark tone of Fincher´s movies, I think it would be a bad decision to change director for the next movies, rather than have two books combine in one movie I´d combine the two books into two movies instead.
+1
I really like Fincher's movies and would love for him to direct the sequel(s). And I demand Daniel and Rooney to be in it, too! :!:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Sure, but I blame Fincher for the huge budget, that has to do with them not having done the sequels by now.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Germangirl wrote:Sure, but I blame Fincher for the huge budget, that has to do with them not having done the sequels by now.
But we don't know if it was just the budget. Were enough tickets sold? I Totally loved Fincher's vision and result - and don't forget we got to see some sexy Daniel scenes (more than we've gotten from some other directors.). I feel like a complete traitor saying this, but if I were a producer and could keep just 2 of the 3, I'd keep Rooney (irreplaceable) and Fincher. Of course I would LOVE to see Daniel in the sequels, but I don't think he owned the film like the others did. I could see the sequels being a success with another Mikael. Again, Daniel was GREAT, but I don't think he's the only one who can play the part well. (I shall run and hide now....)
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

No need to run :evil:

:lol: My opinion is, that you are right, that Rooney is irreplaceable. But that's it. Fincher? His film didn't get any of the big award nods apart from Rooney and I am 100% sure, they bet on that, also with their budget and expectations. The film needed awards buzz on top, because its the sort of vehicle, that thrives of that. So, in the end his vision and all the money and time put into detail nobody really cares about apart from Fincher, didn't pay off. HIS fault.

No, not enough tix sold, but with a lesser budget, they might have come into earning territory after all and made the sequels.

About Daniel? Dunno, for me, he was pretty much Kalle, but a replacement is possible. But without him, I don't care about any sequel.

calypso

Post by calypso »

I captured screen shot, another book coming.

ImageImage
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

A film sequel I would like better. Butz maybe the book heats up a new discussion about them.

calypso

Post by calypso »

Germangirl wrote:A film sequel I would like better. Butz maybe the book heats up a new discussion about them.
Here is first installment of new book

The Girl in the Spider’s Web: new Girl with the Dragon Tattoo book http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/event/a ... -book.html
ImageImage
caramel

Post by caramel »

Germangirl wrote:Interesting read about howe the battle over Bond might be

http://deadline.com/2015/10/daniel-crai ... 201528241/
This is interesting..

Sony is now gearing up for another Dragon Tattoo installment with The Girl In The Spider’s Web , the book written by David Lagercrantz, who was installed by the rights holder relatives of the late author Stieg Larsson.
Pascal is a producer on that movie, and MGM is expected to be in the mix if the studio wants to be.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Yeah, I read that, too, but didn't post it, because there has been smoke before and little fire.

But I am all for it. Its a great role for Daniel and he was damn good in it.

Red-Snow

Post by Red-Snow »

'Girl With the Dragon Tattoo' Follow-up in Works With Steven Knight in Talks to Adapt

Lisbeth Salander will hack again on the big screen but not in The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo sequel, The Girl Who Played With Fire.

Instead, Sony is putting its focus on book No. 4 in the Millennium series, The Girl in the Spider's Web, the first book famously not written by creator Stieg Larsson.

The studio is in early talks with Steven Knight (Burnt) to adapt the novel, which became an international best seller after it was published in September.

Sources say that neither Rooney Mara, who nabbed a best actress Oscar nomination for Dragon Tattoo, nor Daniel Craig will be back, and the studio sees the new book as an opportunity to start the franchise over. Ditto for Dragon Tattoo director David Fincher, who is not expected to return to Salander universe.

But Dragon Tattoo producer Scott Rudin is returning to produce alongside Amy Pascal, who negotiated the rights in her exit package from the studio, and Elizabeth Cantillon (Concussion).

Written by David Lagercrantz — who was hired after Larsson passed away in 2004 — Spider's Web follows superhacker Salander and investigative journalist Mikael Blomkvist as they find themselves at the center of a tangled web of spies, cybercriminals and corrupt governments.

Though 2011's Tattoo made $233 million worldwide, the film was deemed too expensive for a hard-R film thanks to a $90 million budget. The studio has options on Craig for two sequels, but the actor was said to want a pay raise, making his return impossible given the studio's mandate to make Spider's Web at a much lower budget.

The move doesn't mean Girl Who Played With Fire is altogether dead. After all, Sony paid mid-seven figures for Steven Zaillian's script for Girl Who Played With Fire, one of the most expensive adaptations to date. But the plan for now is for Spider's Web to precede Girl Who Played With Fire.