DC and RW news and tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Sylvia's girl wrote:
sf2la wrote:
Sylvia's girl wrote:I think Rachel will have quite a few more years ahead of her yet. She seems well respected in film and theater.
Oh, I do too, it's just that she's not 25-30, which wouldn't be surprising at all for a man Daniel's age to be with. And she looks so young.
Actually, it really does make a change to see 2 forty somethings together.
I mean, could you imagine George Cloony going out with someone approaching 50? :D
I know... I think it's really great!!! And she's even older than Sats! When does that ever happen - that a man with his profile trades UP in age??
caramel

Post by caramel »

Lainey knows absolutely nothing about anything , imo. Her snarky comments, condescending and her too-cool-for-school attitude REALLY irritate me. She belittles everybody! I didn't like the way she portrays Dan here. As if he can't handle himself!

I don't think he could be there for Tattoo ADR now as ADR is a post-prod step, right? The filming is not even done yet. :roll:

As per her take on his dependency, it is just her opinion and each of us have our own anyway. The way I see it, may be Dan was / is uncomfortable in the spotlight but that does not stop him from doing well in all his interviews. He is smart and articulate and his shyness comes across as endearing (to most of us anyway).
the hand holding thing, I don't know why he does that.......may be it is a Dan/Sats thing to do.

Obviously Sats saw him thru a difficult initial stage when he started as Bond but I think now he must be a total pro at all this. I am sure he can handle himself just fine.

As per RW, I am hoping she will be there at least for the big ones like LA/London if not for every premiere as she herself might be busy.
ag77

Post by ag77 »

Sylvia's girl wrote:
sf2la wrote:
Sylvia's girl wrote:I think Rachel will have quite a few more years ahead of her yet. She seems well respected in film and theater.
Oh, I do too, it's just that she's not 25-30, which wouldn't be surprising at all for a man Daniel's age to be with. And she looks so young.
Actually, it really does make a change to see 2 forty somethings together.
I mean, could you imagine George Cloony going out with someone approaching 50? :D
That would be absurd.

Hugh Jackman is 42 and his (erh) wife is 56 and looking even older. That's why she is never on People magazine. It is always Hugh with the kids.

Rachel looks younger than her peers. She is 5 years older than Kate Winslet but looks younger. This pair is picture perfect.
ag77

Post by ag77 »

The reporters will be more polite to Rachel for sure. She will chime in with cute comments and share the spotlight elegantly.
caramel wrote:Lainey knows absolutely nothing about anything , imo. Her snarky comments, condescending and her too-cool-for-school attitude REALLY irritate me. She belittles everybody! I didn't like the way she portrays Dan here. As if he can't handle himself!

I don't think he could be there for Tattoo ADR now as ADR is a post-prod step, right? The filming is not even done yet. :roll:

As per her take on his dependency, it is just her opinion and each of us have our own anyway. The way I see it, may be Dan was / is uncomfortable in the spotlight but that does not stop him from doing well in all his interviews. He is smart and articulate and his shyness comes across as endearing (to most of us anyway).
the hand holding thing, I don't know why he does that.......may be it is a Dan/Sats thing to do.

Obviously Sats saw him thru a difficult initial stage when he started as Bond but I think now he must be a total pro at all this. I am sure he can handle himself just fine.

As per RW, I am hoping she will be there at least for the big ones like LA/London if not for every premiere as she herself might be busy.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

I'm pretty sure IF she wants to boost her career she better have stayed with Darren. He's a Oscar contender and with the Xmen prequels coming up he will boost his own career.

And when it comes to roles and chances in HW it's mostly the directors and producers who "make" the stars, not the fellow actors.

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
fond-of-bond

Post by fond-of-bond »

mburns wrote:Being with a famous man can do wonders for a girls career you know, when was the last time she had a hit movie apart from 'The Mummy', I think he's being used here. Maybe she wants a part in the next Bond or something? 40 is a bad age for actresses especially where Hollywood is concerned.
I would say Rachel is just as famous as Daniel and I think you're being unfair to suggest she is using him.

You seem very bitter about his new romance?

I'm happy for him, for them, for how ever long it may last.
ag77

Post by ag77 »

The split happened before Darren gets his big break and Black Swan gets rave reviews.
Dunda wrote:I'm pretty sure IF she wants to boost her career she better have stayed with Darren. He's a Oscar contender and with the Xmen prequels coming up he will boost his own career.

And when it comes to roles and chances in HW it's mostly the directors and producers who "make" the stars, not the fellow actors.
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

fond-of-bond wrote:
mburns wrote:Being with a famous man can do wonders for a girls career you know, when was the last time she had a hit movie apart from 'The Mummy', I think he's being used here. Maybe she wants a part in the next Bond or something? 40 is a bad age for actresses especially where Hollywood is concerned.
I would say Rachel is just as famous as Daniel and I think you're being unfair to suggest she is using him.

You seem very bitter about his new romance?

I'm happy for him, for them, for how ever long it may last.
Me too! :wink:
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

ag77 wrote:The split happened before Darren gets his big break and Black Swan gets rave reviews.
Dunda wrote:I'm pretty sure IF she wants to boost her career she better have stayed with Darren. He's a Oscar contender and with the Xmen prequels coming up he will boost his own career.

But you can be sure that Darren has a good reputation in the industry for quite a long time

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

ag77 wrote:The split happened before Darren gets his big break and Black Swan gets rave reviews.
I don't see people, who have millions to their own rely on others , like depend on their husband for money. Furthermore, why always think the worst and not he best? Its not that they both know, its gonna work to the best of heir advantage - they don't. It could go all wrong...and they risked a lot...might tell us something..
Last edited by Germangirl on Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

caramel

Post by caramel »

I honestly don't think RW needs any help with her career as she is been doing movies for so many years. And maybe she doesn't care about hit movies or box office successes so much! Some people just want to act in movies they like and that works for them.

I have only seen her in The Constant Gardener a long time back.
After she got linked to DC, I have seen some of her interviews - she is very charming.
Dan should also be proud to have her in his life - JMO
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

I wish we could all just move on, it's happened, accept it and respect it.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

mburns wrote:Bitter? Moi? The whole thing looks tacky and cheap and prime tabloid fodder and I would'nt say Daniel looks like he's brimming over with happiness either. Just call me a old cynic.

I do and JJ fodder as well. We know you post there and in the same vain, of course. You just assume the worst, because its the way you are obviously. No way, someone can look tired because he just had a long flight behind him with being up in the middle of the night in his inner timeline...plus sparky flash lights thrown into his face etc etc....just go on and on - make him look bad, make the whole relation look bad as much as you want...people here won't jump at it, but reserve judgement until more time has passed - I know - I have been here for a while...not gonny work, burns...its good enough for JJ, but not on here...
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..