DC and RW news and tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

caramel

Post by caramel »

Child Custody Between Unmarried Parents

http://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/a ... rents.html

Leaving the fact that she might have the primary custody aside , I think Rachel being a decent person and a good mom that I believe her to be, may want her young son to grow up keeping in touch with his father as much as possible until he is a teenager at least.
Also her odd hours of working and being out of town when shooting for a movie or promos, it will be easier on her if his father is nearby to take charge.

So I feel even if this house sale didn't go thru for whatever reason they will eventually settle on something else in NYC .
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

It's different here in Germany.

Provided that the split is not amicable, unmarried fathers have almost NO rights to see their children. Mothers get full custody when they split.
The only exception is that the parents have signed a contract that they have joined custody. Most couples don't do that, because normally they don't think about a split when having a baby :wink:

In the last few years there have been several legislative initiatives to change that and equate non married and married couple in regard to custody.

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

bumblebee wrote:Honestly - it can be completely fluid here too, when Mr Bee separated and then divorced the first Mrs Bee, they agreed all the terms re the kids and money together without legal intervention. Except to process the divorce documents and get that bitch out of his life!
Does it vary from state to state?....more strict in one than another?
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

JEC57 wrote:
bumblebee wrote:Honestly - it can be completely fluid here too, when Mr Bee separated and then divorced the first Mrs Bee, they agreed all the terms re the kids and money together without legal intervention. Except to process the divorce documents and get that bitch out of his life!
Does it vary from state to state?....more strict in one than another?
I believe so, state law varies on many things (take gay marriage for example) Although I'm a little irrelevant here since Mr Bee was technically married, RW and DA weren't.
Last edited by bumblebee on Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tampa

Post by tampa »

caramel wrote:Child Custody Between Unmarried Parents

Leaving the fact that she might have the primary custody aside , I think Rachel being a decent person and a good mom that I believe her to be, may want her young son to grow up keeping in touch with his father as much as possible until he is a teenager at least.
Also her odd hours of working and being out of town when shooting for a movie or promos, it will be easier on her if his father is nearby to take charge.

So I feel even if this house sale didn't go thru for whatever reason they will eventually settle on something else in NYC .
I think both RW and her ex DA's career demands dictate that they must have a cooperative custody arrangement under NY state law. For sure, her son will stay and attend school in NYC. DA no doubt insisted on that in their legal separation agreement. Also RW is now a US citizen. No doubt DA is keeping Henry while she is in Manila because Henry is in school. It makes it difficult, because RW can't be free to go back to stay with her husband in London or Turkey after she is through with Bourne. She has to go back to NYC to be with her child. Not an easy arrangement. She is pulled in three diffient directions: her career's location demands, her child and her husband. Not an easy arrangement. Money helps, but not that much.
kimcraig

Post by kimcraig »

tampa wrote:

I think both RW and her ex DA's career demands dictate that they must have a cooperative custody arrangement under NY state law. For sure, her son will stay and attend school in NYC. DA no doubt insisted on that in their legal separation agreement. Also RW is now a US citizen. No doubt DA is keeping Henry while she is in Manila because Henry is in school. It makes it difficult, because RW can't be free to go back to stay with her husband in London or Turkey after she is through with Bourne. She has to go back to NYC to be with her child. Not an easy arrangement. She is pulled in three diffient directions: her career's location demands, her child and her husband. Not an easy arrangement. Money helps, but not that much.
This is very true. Daniel will be in London filming 'Skyfall' until May, but I have to think she will return to New York to be with her son after being away for an entire month. Then, she returns to filming in May in London and Australia. It doesn't appear Daniel is working, so he will probably be with her. Maybe Henry will be out of school, so he can travel with them. Anyone know when the filming of Bourne ends?
“I'm not shy and Bond wouldn't be shy about it either.”
Daniel Craig quote
caramel

Post by caramel »

kimcraig wrote:
tampa wrote:

This is very true. Daniel will be in London filming 'Skyfall' until May, but I have to think she will return to New York to be with her son after being away for an entire month. Then, she returns to filming in May in London and Australia. It doesn't appear Daniel is working, so he will probably be with her. Maybe Henry will be out of school, so he can travel with them. Anyone know when the filming of Bourne ends?
If they plan to release it in August 2012, wont they need 6 months for post prod work? I am thinking by Feb end they should wrap it up.
Maybe Rachel might wrap before the others do :dunno:
Makes sense that she will get back to NYC and I am thinking Daniel might get a break when SF production is being moved to Turkey.

Yes she is pulled in 3 diff directions, but then she was like this last year and in 2010 (when their relationship began) too. Looks like they have a trend of being with each other every few weeks when one or the other is filming. It seems hard I agree but not impossible.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Spoke with my friend who just got over her legal fight for full parental rights, custody, etc., with the father of her 6-year-old daughter. He and my friend never married. She said that had she moved her daughter to another state, she would have been arrested for kidnapping. The key word is 'biological' father, and as long as that father is on the birth certificate, he has no fewer rights to the child as she does. This includes education, health, etc. Nothing goes to court unless one of the parents takes it there because they can't work out an agreement amongst themselves. If Darren agrees to see Henry 20% of the time and Rachel approves, there's no law against it. If she limits it below 50% and he protests, he can take her to court and win unless he can prove, at his expense, that she is unfit to care for him.

For her to be unemployed in California and want/need to pursue job opportunities outside the state would be impossible if not for the fact that the legal process she had to go through and pay for concluded that the father is an absentee father who is an alcoholic, abuses drugs, and has no means of supporting his daughter. She said regardless of whatever some website says about unmarried parents, the father has no less power than her. I told her why I was asking; i.e, that it was about Daniel, Rachel, Henry, and Darren, and she said, "Oh my, throw in the fact that the child has known no other family than one with Darren as a live-at-home supportive father and that Henry has his last name, and that's only cements the icing in the cake that's there. My friend said she can't even get her daughter a passport without the father's signature on the form.

Oh yeah, my friend and the girl's father never lived together.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

http://shine.yahoo.com/love-sex/3-risks ... 00258.html

Sometimes it feels like the same marriage advice has been around since Adam and Eve--and you know how that panned out. So for her book The Secret Lives of Wives, journalist Iris Krasnow talked to more than 200 married women to see if they follow traditional wisdom. Um, no, they said. They stay in love by taking chances like these:

Risk #1: Call a time-out. The happiest couples Krasnow spoke with spent lots of time apart. Gail, who has been married to Stan for 48 years, told Krasnow that taking summers off from each other saved their marriage. "When the kids went to college, I spent some summers alone in Italy taking art classes," Gail said. "I came back totally energized, and the time apart made us appreciate each other more."

Risk #2: Have another man in your life. "A third of the women I interviewed had close friendships with men," says Krasnow. Meeting up with platonic male friends allows us to innocently flirt and experience that rush of newness. "Having a relationship with an attractive male friend who doesn't share your toothpaste-splattered sink--and that your husband is okay with--lets you feel desirable without breaking any trust."

Risk #3: Satisfy yourself. "A lot of people underestimate how important regular orgasms are to a woman's happiness," says Krasnow. In the book, Marilyn, married 30 years, told Krasnow, "All women should [own vibrators]. It takes 30 seconds…. A vibrator also allows you to have a secret life, which everybody should have."
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

I just spent about 10 minutes on the ny.curbed site entering NYC celeb names in the search field. Every name I thought of hit. No celeb was immune from having their home's address and photo(s) shown. I don't know how D&R can avoid the same. Curbed has a tipster hotlink to even rat out celebs.
From Madonna ($32M): http://ny.curbed.com/tags/152-east-81st-street
to Hugh ($25M+) http://ny.curbed.com/archives/2008/11/1 ... s.php#more
That site makes me think the sale cancellation wasn't the press their pending sale received.. :-k
caramel

Post by caramel »

sf2la wrote:I just spent about 10 minutes on the ny.curbed site entering NYC celeb names in the search field. Every name I thought of hit. No celeb was immune from having their home's address and photo(s) shown. I don't know how D&R can avoid the same. Curbed has a tipster hotlink to even rat out celebs.
From Madonna ($32M): http://ny.curbed.com/tags/152-east-81st-street
to Hugh ($25M+) http://ny.curbed.com/archives/2008/11/1 ... s.php#more
That site makes me think the sale cancellation wasn't the press their pending sale received.. :-k
Thx for all the info sf2la!

I also don't think D/R received way too much attention compared to other celebs. Like I said before, they are ones we are looking for and when news about them is hot and current it seems more viral.
Maybe they found something wrong in that house.
cassandra

Post by cassandra »

More talk of babies and house-hunting from a not very reliable source:http://www.express.co.uk/ourcomments/vi ... m-Helliker
Cyanaurora

Post by Cyanaurora »

Cabbage soup and baked beans? :shock:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

The Express story still has the house as bought, so this shows, how well informed they are.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Maybelline

Post by Maybelline »

Germangirl wrote:The Express story still has the house as bought, so this shows, how well informed they are.
They also forget that Rachel has a movie to shoot with Colin Firth in London.