DC and RW news and tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

Vynera wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 24q99znWl0#!

Rachel talks about acting in front of a green screen, how she would like to be a baddie in a Bond film, and at the end she confirms that she will be on Broadway with Daniel and she is looking forward to working with him :D I can't wait.
well, that sounds very official to me, I think it's a done deal.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

We can do with a bit of positive news.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Rachel talks about acting in front of a green screen, how she would like to be a baddie in a Bond film, and at the end she confirms that she will be on Broadway with Daniel and she is looking forward to working with him :D I can't wait.
And you are so close to NYC! Lucky you!!
caramel

Post by caramel »

sf2la wrote:

Yeah, I am envious of those that will manage to see them on stage together.

That interview - Look how animated that girl is :lol: I am impressed that Rachel was able to keep a straight face while answering the questions.

Hope D/R have a lot of fun doing that play. Work and play together for the next few months.
I am interested in how they came about signing up for it. In one of her interviews, it was mentioned that Mike Nichols the director picked out the project for THEM.
Instead of Oscars we will look out for Tony awards.

http://www.vulture.com/2013/03/rachel-w ... erful.html
But she has taken firm steps to start her own company, and in the fall she’s scheduled to make her Broadway debut with Craig in Harold Pinter’s backward romantic-triangle drama Betrayal,
a project picked for them by Mike Nichols, who’ll direct.
Vynera

Post by Vynera »

sf2la wrote:

Yes hopefully I get a chance to go! Does anyone know how much broadway tickets tend to cost? Around 300 a person or something? I can't contain my excitement :D
"A woman looks beautiful when she's true to herself. Her inner beauty shines through. It's like being in love--it shows. You have a natural glow, you can't help but beam--that's beautiful."
-Rachel Weisz
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Vynera wrote:
sf2la wrote:

Yes hopefully I get a chance to go! Does anyone know how much broadway tickets tend to cost? Around 300 a person or something? I can't contain my excitement :D
Yep, and you'll definitely want to go more than once. The first time is too much to take in at once because it's 100% Daniel in your head. You can't help it.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Yup and the 300 tix are the middle ones. Up to 600 for the real good seats. But its soo worth it. Maybe we can manage to get some people together again. For me, the stagedoor was the best part though. I hope, they won't find themselves a theater with a backdoor, that is not open to the public.

Personally I had seats in the middle and that was fine. I had glasss over my contacts for exra good sight AND opera glasses on top :lol:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Vynera

Post by Vynera »

Germangirl wrote:Yup and the 300 tix are the middle ones. Up to 600 for the real good seats. But its soo worth it. Maybe we can manage to get some people together again. For me, the stagedoor was the best part though. I hope, they won't find themselves a theater with a backdoor, that is not open to the public.

Personally I had seats in the middle and that was fine. I had glasss over my contacts for exra good sight AND opera glasses on top :lol:
You are so silly with the glasses over contacts. Didn't that give you a headache? :lol: Phew, I love DC and RW but I don't know if I love them to the point of dropping 600 dollars on a ticket :oops: There's not doubt I would love to go but I'd probably get one of the lower end tickets.
"A woman looks beautiful when she's true to herself. Her inner beauty shines through. It's like being in love--it shows. You have a natural glow, you can't help but beam--that's beautiful."
-Rachel Weisz
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Vynera wrote:
Germangirl wrote:Yup and the 300 tix are the middle ones. Up to 600 for the real good seats. But its soo worth it. Maybe we can manage to get some people together again. For me, the stagedoor was the best part though. I hope, they won't find themselves a theater with a backdoor, that is not open to the public.

You are so silly with the glasses over contacts. Didn't that give you a headache? :lol: Phew, I love DC and RW but I don't know if I love them to the point of dropping 600 dollars on a ticket :oops: There's not doubt I would love to go but I'd probably get one of the lower end tickets.
in fact it's a bit scary how much money I invested to go and see him on stage. :twisted: I had tickets for two shows, one in the middle and on in the first row, I had to fly over to NY from Germany and to take my daughter with me to "justify" a second trip to NY in 2009. The first one was just to meet Elaine and have a good time in NY.
Thank God Elaine provided bed and food :twisted: :lol: :lol:

Hubby, daughter and I will go to NY in early July to celebrate that my daughter finishes school and just a few days after I booked the whole trip the news about that play hits the net. Well, seems I have to tighten our belt again :lol:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Vynera wrote:

No, I use thoxse glasses now to drive, because i don't see good enough with the contacts. But if I make them too sharp, I can't see, wat's on my plate :lol:

The 300er tix are fine. With the opera glasses you get him close anyway. But yeah, I watched the show 3 times (1 time was a lovely present from a lovely friend)...

khenton

Post by khenton »

God! Does it has to be Pinter! I hate Pinter. Talk, Talk, Talk and no resolution. Just like real life. And not a single decapitation! Me and my inner 13 year old boy ask you what fun is that! Thespians! :roll: K
Damn. No future with Daniel Craig.Image
Fourwordsbeforesex "Hello, I'm Daniel Craig."
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

khenton wrote:God! Does it has to be Pinter! I hate Pinter. Talk, Talk, Talk and no resolution. Just like real life. And not a single decapitation! Me and my inner 13 year old boy ask you what fun is that! Thespians! :roll: K
Really? That bad? I never heard of him.

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Germangirl wrote:
khenton wrote:God! Does it has to be Pinter! I hate Pinter. Talk, Talk, Talk and no resolution. Just like real life. And not a single decapitation! Me and my inner 13 year old boy ask you what fun is that! Thespians! :roll: K
He's a very famous British playwrite and screenwriter. He also won The Nobel Prize for Literature a few years ago.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Sylvia's girl wrote:
Germangirl wrote:
He's a very famous British playwrite and screenwriter. He also won The Nobel Prize for Literature a few years ago.
Do you think, he is too serious?

Littlesue

Post by Littlesue »

Germangirl wrote:
Sylvia's girl wrote:
Germangirl wrote: Really? That bad? I never heard of him.
Do you think, he is too serious?
He is very 'heavy going'