DC and RW news and tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

chrissie65

Post by chrissie65 »

Germangirl wrote:
mburns wrote:I'm surprised he even agreed to it for someone so private. Unless he was nagged into it!! :lol:
Agreed to do what? You can't expect them to be in the closet for ever, or do you? Private or not - its his life and he wants to live it like a normal human being. What's so hard to understand? We can do that without being papped, he or they cannot. Not their fault. Its the way the celebs world works and they have to put up with it.
:stick_iagree:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I found that interesting to see what she is up to, what she did and bits of her as a private person. She says, she lives healthy, something she has in common with Sats. Lets hope, she as well has a good influence on Daniel with that. :wink: Looks like they will both work like crazy. Good or not? I don't know...

Rachel Weisz blazes a trail or three
Posted By: Ariane | November 26, 2010 | Category: Interviews

Hailed as a ‘divine being’ by her co-star, this Cambridge-educated actor is as versatile as they come, writes Helen Barlow.

WITH her rosy cheeks, unblemished complexion and an amazing tumble of raven hair, Rachel Weisz doesn’t look anything like 40.

It’s obvious that Weisz looks after herself. Today she seems to have even lost a little weight.

“I don’t have any scales and I still fit into the same old pair of jeans,” she says in her typical matter-of-fact manner. “I eat well, I exercise, but I’m not hysterical about it. I’m just healthy. Being an actor is like being an athlete. I have to be somewhat in shape because this is all I’ve got,” she says raising her hands over her body.

“I probably lost weight carrying my son around. Running after a child is the biggest exercise you can have.”

Weisz has a four-year-old son, Henry Chance, with director Darren Aronofsky. The couple, who announced their split last week, never married, though they had been together nine years. They’d been separated for several months, with rumours circulating that Weisz had fallen for Daniel Craig while they played husband and wife in Jim Sheridan’s movie Dream House in Canada last March.

Weisz and Aronofsky had seemed a successful match. She had moved to New York to be with him in 2001.

The couple had readily combined business with their family life. When Weisz filmed her grand epic, Agora, in Malta, Aronofsky edited his The Wrestler there. “It was bizarre,” she says with a laugh. “One minute we’d be talking about fourth-century Egypt and the next about Mickey Rourke and wrestling.”

Agora, a €50 million ($80 million) Spanish production, which was a hit in Spain last year, has taken its time getting to Australia and has a severely limited release. It’s directed by the Chilean-born Alejandro Amenabar, known for his fine work with actors, including Penelope Cruz in Open Your Eyes, Nicole Kidman in The Others and Javier Bardem in The Sea Inside.

In this fascinating film – an allegory on modern themes such as the divide between science and religion, and religious fundamentalism – the innately poised Brit excels as the Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer Hypatia.

A fourth-century trailblazer, Hypatia lived in Alexandria during the Roman Empire and taught at the Platonic school where future leaders were educated. A resolute virgin, she shunned men in her quest for knowledge.

“In this unusual, radical story, Hypatia was killed by fundamentalists in the most brutal way,” Weisz says. “They skinned her alive with oyster shells; they splayed her bones. It’s a fantasy that a slave was in love with her [and strangles her lovingly] as happens in the movie. And we don’t know that she discovered the shape of the Earth or had worked out that the Earth moves around the sun as we show in the movie. We know that she was working on conic sections but unfortunately all of her research was lost.”

The Cambridge-educated Weisz, who played a librarian in The Mummy and its sequel, has struggled to portray ordinary women. As Hypatia she is hardly a damsel in distress. After Hypatia’s father is killed, she takes over the library and vainly attempts to protect its hallowed manuscripts when all hell breaks loose.

“Hypatia was a great teacher, she had very devoted students, Christians and pagans, and she didn’t discriminate which student she would teach in terms of their religion,” Weisz says. “There are fragments, letters from her favourite students, like Synesius [Rupert Evans]. She was the kind of inspirational teacher who could transform your life and it’s true that her students fell in love with her. She gave them a handkerchief with her menstrual blood on it and I think it was her way of saying, ‘Back off! I’m not interested!’ “

The main contender for her affections was Orestes, who went on to become the Prefect of Alexandria. He is played in the film by Oscar Isaac, who won last year’s best supporting actor AFI award for his portrayal of Jose Ramos-Horta in Balibo.

“It’s not hard pining for the divine being that is Rachel Weisz,” the gregarious New York actor says. “I went up to her and said thank you for letting me fall in love with you, even if it was obvious where we had to go.”

Indeed, Weisz says there is little room for love in Hypatia’s life.

“In one scene I’m having a drink with Orestes and he touches me and it looks like it might lead to something,” she says, “but then I look up at the stars and he says something that makes me realise the Earth is not a circle and I rush upstairs. The moment had to be about her moving away from that connection. It has to be about her and her work.”

Even if she does this all-knowing role so well, Weisz says she was uninterested in school and was a truant in her youth. She was more interested in being a tomboy as she grew up near London’s posh Hampstead.

“I was a tree-climber, the best tree-climber in the neighbourhood,” she says. “I was definitely rebellious but I had an amazing English teacher, Miss Gough, who took me under her wing at 16. She believed in me when a lot of the other teachers didn’t. She told me I had a talent that she helped me develop. I went on to study English literature at university.”

Weisz is the eldest daughter of an Austrian psychotherapist mother and a Hungarian medical-inventor father, who fled to Britain during World War II. “Actually [my father] was pretty safe because Hungary didn’t fall until about the last year of the war,” she says. “But he lost a lot of relatives in the Holocaust.”

For the moment Weisz is keeping busy, as is Aronofsky, who has the Oscar-bound Black Swan about to release and will next make Wolverine 2. While the couple, who had filmed The Fountain together, had planned a Jackie Kennedy biopic, that may now not go ahead. In their official statement they state they remain committed to raising their son in New York. Of course that doesn’t mean that Weisz – who has rekindled her love of theatre and last year won a best actress Olivier statuette for her portrayal of Blanche Dubois in A Streetcar Named Desire at London’s Donmar – will always be in town. She has already agreed to lead a revival of David Hare’s powerful postwar drama Plenty, though that could be staged in New York.

Then there are her movies. Besides Dream House, she has completed The Whistleblower, where she plays a real-life police officer from Nebraska who joins a UN peacekeeping force in Bosnia and uncovers a sex-trafficking operation. She is also working with Terence Davies on a screen adaptation of Terence Rattigan’s The Deep Blue Sea and there’s a new film with The Constant Gardner director, Fernando Meirelles.

With Jessica Biel and Eva Mendes, Weisz is even directing a short film for Glamour magazine’s annual Glamour Reel Moments. Clearly she is spreading her wings.

http://www.rachelweiszonline.com/
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Good article, GG. Thanks for posting. Lucky, lucky Rachel, and no kidding, she doesn't look like most other 40-year-olds. She looks 30 to me.

The one thing that makes it difficult to believe the papz event was staged is if it's true that she hadn't yet told Darren about Daniel. But I don't know...It's also possible that the Pavilion place people leaked the story. They are the ones who would benefit most. But yeah, whew for them...out and done with.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

sf2la wrote:Good article, GG. Thanks for posting. Lucky, lucky Rachel, and no kidding, she doesn't look like most other 40-year-olds. She looks 30 to me.

The one thing that makes it difficult to believe the papz event was staged is if it's true that she hadn't yet told Darren about Daniel. But I don't know...It's also possible that the Pavilion place people leaked the story. They are the ones who would benefit most. But yeah, whew for them...out and done with.
I do believe, she told Darren beforehand, because it was a sure thing, they would be snipped. If - like its reported - they decided to behave like adults and raise their son in peace, NOT doing it, would be incredibly stupid and obviously, she has some brains under all that hair.
I agree, its an out and be done with it thing. Theay did what they wanted and didn't hide, which lead to them being snapped.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

agrippina

Post by agrippina »

Germangirl wrote:
sf2la wrote:The one thing that makes it difficult to believe the papz event was staged is if it's true that she hadn't yet told Darren about Daniel. But I don't know...It's also possible that the Pavilion place people leaked the story. They are the ones who would benefit most. But yeah, whew for them...out and done with.
I do believe, she told Darren beforehand, because it was a sure thing, they would be snipped. If - like its reported - they decided to behave like adults and raise their son in peace, NOT doing it, would be incredibly stupid and obviously, she has some brains under all that hair.
I agree, its an out and be done with it thing. Theay did what they wanted and didn't hide, which lead to them being snapped.
The stuff published around this are eerily reminiscent of the few others I have read - like when Daniel was possibly going out with Kate Moss, it was said that Heike found out about it only through the media. And the description of Kate's love for Daniel is almost word to word the same as that of Rachel's... The writers in the tabloids and gossip blogs must have a template text they only change with names and places or something...

So, despite TMZ's sources apparently being on the right about R and D, I'd still take everything else pretty much with that huge grain of salt...
Vanquish

Post by Vanquish »

Daniel and Rachel have apparently spent new years together as well, a girl as my facebook as placed it as her status, having seen them in absinthe.
Vanquish

Post by Vanquish »

everyone seems to be backing up the story, who she went with.
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Where is Absinthe?
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

http://labsinthe.co.uk/

just around the corner where he lives....

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Ingrid72

Post by Ingrid72 »

Oops
Last edited by Ingrid72 on Tue May 03, 2011 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
caramel

Post by caramel »

Aman wrote:Daniel and Rachel have apparently spent new years together as well, a girl as my facebook as placed it as her status, having seen them in absinthe.
If that's true then it sounds all kinds of cute. Spending NYE with your loved one and keeping it low key - I love that. :D
Would have been happier to have gotten atleast a reliable tweet. tho :wink:
calypso

Post by calypso »

interesting maybe as daniel is least favorite
http://zobba.com/z/Which_past_co-star_w ... chel_Weisz
ImageImage
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Aman wrote:Daniel and Rachel have apparently spent new years together as well, a girl as my facebook as placed it as her status, having seen them in absinthe.
Thanks for this info, Aman! Does Aman mean 'A man' or is it just a name? we love men on our forum, especially D_C :wink: .