DC and RW news and tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I agree to that's said, but we have watched him dealing with the papz and the press now for years and it doesn't seem to hurt his raise at all. Sure - if he made a love affair out of it like Hugh, he would be even more popular, but he seems to be in demand enough to get the big, good roles.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

tampa

Post by tampa »

Germangirl wrote:I agree to that's said, but we have watched him dealing with the papz and the press now for years and it doesn't seem to hurt his raise at all. Sure - if he made a love affair out of it like Hugh, he would be even more popular, but he seems to be in demand enough to get the big, good roles.
Don't agree at all. Hugh is a twit. There is a 180 degree difference between fawning over the press like some do, and being smart with the press. They need copy, and there is a smart way, like noted above, to cooperate when promoting a film and give them info, that doesn't give away any really personal stuff. He hasn't learned how to do that and I think it does hurt his rep. When you want big A-list status and the huge salaries, you can't have everything on your own terms. He needs to learn to be smarter about handling the press.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

tampa wrote:
Germangirl wrote:I agree to that's said, but we have watched him dealing with the papz and the press now for years and it doesn't seem to hurt his raise at all. Sure - if he made a love affair out of it like Hugh, he would be even more popular, but he seems to be in demand enough to get the big, good roles.
Don't agree at all. Hugh is a twit. There is a 180 degree difference between fawning over the press like some do, and being smart with the press. They need copy, and there is a smart way, like noted above, to cooperate when promoting a film and give them info, that doesn't give away any really personal stuff. He hasn't learned how to do that and I think it does hurt his rep. When you want big A-list status and the huge salaries, you can't have everything on your own terms. He needs to learn to be smarter about handling the press.
He won't or he would have changed by now. But obviously the prods are fine with what he is doing, otherwise they would have told him off. From all the interviews i have seen him doing for C&A - he did very fine, didn't he? And every single bit he did for the Bonds etc - endlessly...was fine, too IMO. Like he said - he makes a clear cut between b eing available for business purposes or not, when being a private man. This will not change IMO.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

tampa

Post by tampa »

Germangirl wrote: Don't agree at all. Hugh is a twit. There is a 180 degree difference between fawning over the press like some do, and being smart with the press. They need copy, and there is a smart way, like noted above, to cooperate when promoting a film and give them info, that doesn't give away any really personal stuff. He hasn't learned how to do that and I think it does hurt his rep. When you want big A-list status and the huge salaries, you can't have everything on your own terms. He needs to learn to be smarter about handling the press.
He won't or he would have changed by now. But obviously the prods are fine with what he is doing, otherwise they would have told him off. From all the interviews i have seen him doing for C&A - he did very fine, didn't he? And every single bit he did for the Bonds etc - endlessly...was fine, too IMO. Like he said - he makes a clear cut between b eing available for business purposes or not, when being a private man. This will not change IMO.[/quote]

Ok I do agree somewhat. He does try and when the interviewer is not a jerk, he is cooperative. But he lets the paps and some press provoke him and its a "no win" situation. And his "i will not talk about my private life under any circumstances" stand is a no win. It just makes the press and the tabs dig more. As noted in other posts, he needs to learn how to talk about his wife and daughter - and say nothing. By the way, I bought Entertainment Weekly today and it turned out really well. Nice article. It treated him well.
cassandra

Post by cassandra »

I like Daniel just the way he is: his edginess appeals to me. I think the fact that he doesn’t reveal too much about himself, maintaining an air of mystery, strengthens his performance as an actor and the range of roles he can tackle. As often commented on, he is an extremely versatile actor, capable of disappearing into a role. I think when we don’t know everything about an actor, it somehow makes their performance in a play or film more believable -- we think more about the character rather than the actor playing the part.

I think Daniel will continue to be protective of his privacy and that of his wife and family. Rachel is her own person and it will be interesting to see how she handles the media attention now they are a married couple.
Last edited by cassandra on Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
cheryl1700

Post by cheryl1700 »

cassandra wrote:I like Daniel just the way he is: his edginess appeals to me. I think the fact that he doesn’t reveal too much about himself, maintaining an air of mystery, strengthens his performance as an actor and the range of roles he can tackle. As often commented on, he is an extremely versatile actor, capable of disappearing into a role. I think when we don’t know everything about an actor, it somehow makes their performance in a play or film more believable -- we think more about the character rather the actor playing the part.

I think Daniel will continue to be protective of his privacy and that of his wife and family. Rachel is her own person and it will be interesting to see how she handles the media attention now they are a married couple.
:stick_iagree: :wink:
khenton

Post by khenton »

cheryl1700 wrote:
cassandra wrote:I like Daniel just the way he is: his edginess appeals to me. I think the fact that he doesn’t reveal too much about himself, maintaining an air of mystery, strengthens his performance as an actor and the range of roles he can tackle. As often commented on, he is an extremely versatile actor, capable of disappearing into a role. I think when we don’t know everything about an actor, it somehow makes their performance in a play or film more believable -- we think more about the character rather the actor playing the part.

:stick_iagree: :wink:
:stick_iagree: Cassandra you are sooooo spot on! :wink: K
Damn. No future with Daniel Craig.Image
Fourwordsbeforesex "Hello, I'm Daniel Craig."
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Daniel Craig on state of matrimony: 'Lovely'

Daniel Craig hasn't said very much since his secret wedding to actress Rachel Weisz in June -- until now.

And he just has one word to describe married life to the actress. "Lovely," he replied curtly, when USA TODAY's Brian Truitt asked Craig about his wedded bliss. The actor was on the red carpet at the premiere of Cowboys & Aliens at Comic-Con in San Diego on Saturday night.

Just like his Cowboys Old West outlaw character, Craig is the strong and silent type in person. But when it comes to business, Craig is a little more willing to talk. About the James Bond movie — his third — beginning filming in September: "I am very much looking forward to the character," he said

http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... rit=110941

caramel

Post by caramel »

AmandaFriedman Amanda Friedman
Just passed newlyweds rachel weisz and daniel craig holding hands and walking completely unrecognized down 2nd ave. Pretty adorable.
1 hour ago

makes sense they are there in NYC as he was on the Today show , doesn't need to be anywhere else for promos as far as we know and she is to appear on the Jon Stewart on Wednesday.
calypso

Post by calypso »

caramel wrote:AmandaFriedman Amanda Friedman
Just passed newlyweds rachel weisz and daniel craig holding hands and walking completely unrecognized down 2nd ave. Pretty adorable.
1 hour ago

makes sense they are there in NYC as he was on the Today show , doesn't need to be anywhere else for promos as far as we know and she is to appear on the Jon Stewart on Wednesday.
above tweet ^probably coming home from the cinema

happydoma Daniel Craig came to watch Bridemaids with his wife
tonight ^__^ coworker: how thw fuck James Bond is the same size as me?! LMAO!

17 minutes ago via web

living simple life yes? walk to cinema then walk home
ImageImage
caramel

Post by caramel »

calypso wrote: happydoma Daniel Craig came to watch Bridemaids with his wife
tonight ^__^ coworker: how thw fuck James Bond is the same size as me?! LMAO!

17 minutes ago via web

living simple life yes? walk to cinema then walk home
Love the fact he went to see a chick flick with her.
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

Movies, nice air condition place to be on a hot summer day in New York,
IMO, I have seen a more open relaxed Daniel in the recent interviews.
It was intersting how Leno complemented him on his choice (Rachel) as Ann Curry said something to that effect too.
Comic Con said a lot to me as his interaction with the fans, reconizing the guys in the Madagascar get up from CR.
When I see him with his wedding ring, he seems complete in some way.
I can't explain it, at peace with himself.
caramel

Post by caramel »

tbossmc2000 wrote:Movies, nice air condition place to be on a hot summer day in New York,
IMO, I have seen a more open relaxed Daniel in the recent interviews.
It was intersting how Leno complemented him on his choice (Rachel) as Ann Curry said something to that effect too.
Comic Con said a lot to me as his interaction with the fans, reconizing the guys in the Madagascar get up from CR.
When I see him with his wedding ring, he seems complete in some way.
I can't explain it, at peace with himself.
I totally agree. I also thought how interesting that they both said the same thing about his 'choice'.
He is definitely more relaxed and seems more accepting of the position he is in.
I absolutely loved the fact he did the circuit and the RC alone so effortlessly.
Can't wait to see his interaction with Kimmel.
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Newlyweds Rachel Weisz and Daniel Craig engaged in a rare PDA as they held hands at 'The Whistleblower' after-party in New York City last night. Awwww.

Rachel didn't pose for official pics with Daniel, instead opting to walk the red carpet solo for the screening of her new film.

She spent the day promoting her thriller, stopping by 'The Daily Show' and attending a couple of screenings, but by the end of the night she was ready to hang with her new hubby.

The couple got married last month after their whirlwind romance began at the end of last year.

Their film 'Dream House' is due out this autumn, so we're hoping for some red carpet PDAs from the private couple...

..http://uk.omg.yahoo.com/gossip/the-bike ... 59604.html
SilverDragon

Post by SilverDragon »

I love her dress!!! :D