DC and RW news and tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

ag77

Post by ag77 »

caramel wrote:I had read somewhere about HJ and his bf acting as part of his entourage. I didn't know what to believe.
I have read that gay guys have a very neat appearance - don't know if that's a myth. but DC always appears sloppy in his downtime ( which is a good thing in my book , like him dirty :twisted: - ) so IMO I rule DC out. Honestly I don't care anyway.
Not all of them are neat. It is just a stereotype. I have quite a few gay friends who don't exercise and just as lazy as straight guys. They are nice and very affectionate with women. I feel closer to them than most of the straight guys. And gay people are usually more creative and open minded than the rest. One thing in common is almost all of them are more sensitive when it comes to feelings.

I haven't heard anything about Daniel even though my best friend in Hollywood has been trying to get his scoop for years. The gay bar thing - yeah everyone knows but it doesn't mean much. Unless he is known to have a boyfriend or a regular buddy, I don't think we will know. I don't care either, but I want him to be happy and play his own game.
calypso

Post by calypso »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... ether.html

Friends have said the breakup was in part, down to the pressures of being in the public eye.

‘Rupert hates the idea of being followed and photographed. Keira partially had to accept it because of her rising profile,’ a friend told the paper.

‘It affected the harmony in the relationship. The pressure took its toll and both decided they should go their separate ways. They will remain life-long friends.’

- this could be one main reasons dc and sats deterioration of their relationship before RW came along
ImageImage
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

ag77 wrote:Ok I am tired of this. Having a known relationship outside a marriage arrangement by mutual agreement of all the parties is trashy? Sorry I don't think so.
Maybe it's the language issue kicking in here.

But having a relationsship with mutual agreement isn't trashy and I didn't say it that.
Actually I know some (non celeb) relationships where it is handled that way and works fine. If all participants agree on something like that, it's ok.

What I consider trashy is making up rumours about things which are NOT true. Saying Angelina Jolie is shagging Johnny Depp and cheating on Brad Pitt is a TRASHY rumour. If it's true AND Brad and Vanessa are fine with it, that nothing wrong with that.. :lol:
Last edited by Dunda on Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
$abbatha

Post by $abbatha »

ag77 wrote:Ok I am tired of this. Having a known relationship outside a marriage arrangement by mutual agreement of all the parties is trashy? Sorry I don't think so. But I will stop here because i didn't know some of you feel so strongly about it. Otherwise I won't say it. I wasn't quoting any of the gossip press so if you want to know more, pm me. Sorry I am not ready to share more information with the world. Enough already.

Back to Daniel please.
UHM..you're still insisting to affirm something that no one here said.
It's like you're playing with someonelse's words...

But if your really wish to know i think that before affirm something like the one you're saying at least some reliable source should be adducted.

If i were in you i would stop to saying such thing on a board,that without any reliable source are quite disputable.

Then you're free to have your own opinion,i had mine and i already lengthened too much to say that.
ag77 wrote:
I haven't heard anything about Daniel even though my best friend in Hollywood has been trying to get his scoop for years. The gay bar thing - yeah everyone knows but it doesn't mean much. Unless he is known to have a boyfriend or a regular buddy, I don't think we will know. I don't care either, but I want him to be happy and play his own game.
And again this is typical...
thru nothing shown the different sexual orientation of Craig,your gay friend, or gays friends, still insting to affirm that Craig is gay...and still are chasing proofs that confirm the gay Craig theory..simply because they need to believe that Craig is gay..even if it's quite obvious that he's straight.
And this is the unfair behaviour which i'm referring in my previous comment.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

There is something about this thread, that makes people overly sensitive.

@ag 77. I think, you totally misunderstood some of what was said here.

But I do agree, that the gay population likes to claim almost every hot actor as one of their own. This - for one - I feel is not right. Just because in many cases its just not true. People have done them wrong for a long time, but that doesn't mean, they are the good guys in all they do.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

ag77

Post by ag77 »

No he didn't insist on affirming. He told me he thinks Daniel is not gay. He was just curious as many of us are. I don't get the hate toward the gay press. Why would you care what they say? If you don't want to know then ignore it, and leave them alone. What is fair? A society where being gay is kind of a stigma and Hollywood still has to closet many of its leading men in order to appear straight to the public?
ag77

Post by ag77 »

Germangirl wrote:There is something about this thread, that makes people overly sensitive.

But I do agree, that the gay population likes to claim almost every hot actor as one of their own. This - for one - I feel is not right. Just because in many cases its just not true. People have done them wrong for a long time, but that doesn't mean, they are the good guys in all they do.
I was just talking about an individual case (Hugh, as someone brought him up in the middle of talking about Daniel and his ex), and someone turned it into a national debate. As I said earlier, I used him as an example to say that what appeared in front of the camera are not necessary the same in real life. Daniel is a decent guy. I see no problem in his treating of women.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

ag77 wrote:No he didn't insist on affirming. He told me he thinks Daniel is not gay. He was just curious as many of us are. I don't get the hate toward the gay press. Why would you care what they say? If you don't want to know then ignore it, and leave them alone. What is fair? A society where being gay is kind of a stigma and Hollywood still has to closet many of its leading men in order to appear straight to the public?
ag - nobody is attacking you for what I see or makes a national affair.

I don't see "hate" here either, but critism should be allowed. I believe, spreading lies is wrong - may it be in the general press or in the gay press - no difference.

If we could just agree to not feel "stepped on our feet" just so easily, it would be possible to have a decent conversation.

I agree, that being gay still might be a disadvantage to an actor. Haven't Rupert Everet and Richard Chamberlain just recently spoken out AGAINST getting out of the closet? This is not the way it should be, but then, time will take care of it...peoples minds are just not easily changed - unfortunately in many cases.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

ag77

Post by ag77 »

Right. Just move on ...

Let's talk about Rachel being a Bond girl in Sam Mendes' 007 ... :)
$abbatha

Post by $abbatha »

ag77 wrote:No he didn't insist on affirming. He told me he thinks Daniel is not gay. He was just curious as many of us are. I don't get the hate toward the gay press. Why would you care what they say? If you don't want to know then ignore it, and leave them alone. What is fair? A society where being gay is kind of a stigma and Hollywood still has to closet many of its leading men in order to appear straight to the public?
I was making an example.
And btw you have the holy right to have your opinion,and no one here is trying to change it,but please respect mine that is different from yours.

It's not only a matter to ignore the lies that gay press spread around a certain actor,that is the main reason why i usually don't give stature to anything that a sided press say, it's mainly a matter of lack of professionality.

In second istance you're referring these rumors to us,i'm not going to chase or reply in other board or social network,i reply here since you're commenting over here.

And again you was the only one that spoken about Jackman's sexual preference,no one else did it.

I have nothing towards gay people,but i hate their victim behaviour,it's true that gay were really bad treated in the past but now it's different,and gay people simply aren't allowed to do whatever they like only, 'cause society have a credit towards them.

An actor have the right to keep private his own private life,that dosen't mean that he's gay or he have something to hide.

Germangirl wrote:There is something about this thread, that makes people overly sensitive.

And i agree to you too GG.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Ooooh., I'm reluctant to jump into this fray, but I think people should lay off ag77.
1. No one claimed anything about Daniel's sexuality.
2. ag77 simply made the comment that she has first-hand knowledge about Hugh having had an open marriage with his wife by having a relationship with his male publicist.

First, I guess this really belongs in a thread about other actors.
Second, people can choose to believe it or not. If I had first-hand knowledge of something this sensitive, I would not divulge my source(s) or anything that could divulge my identity on a public forum. No amount of people telling me to 'name your source' would convince me to do so. It's very possible that ag77 knows something that the rest of us don't and was generous enough to share it. Likewise, it could be made up. It's our freedom to decide which to believe without hassling her or insisting she hand over proof.
honeyjes

Post by honeyjes »

Not sure why Hugh was dragged into this in the first place. If this is true, why say anything if you are unprepared and cannot back it up. My understanding is, if something is confidential you should respect that confidentiality and not divulge anything unless it’s been cleared by said party(ies), otherwise muddying the waters has only sullied that person’s name further and diminishes your trustworthiness.
Truth, wisdom, love, seek reasons; malice only seeks causes.
Johann Kaspar Lavater
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Before this becomes our next issue, I ask everybody involved to stop right here. All is said, I believe, and nothing new can be added. We still have to be careful with heating up again...

So to say - topic Hugh is herewith closed.

Thanks for understanding...

I even changed the thread name to give it some humor but also to remind us all, that this is what she should NOT do - battle with each other!

Sue

Post by Sue »

Where is all the fun and humour that used to be in the Forum regarding Daniel? Seriously I must have been away too long as some of you seem to be confusing yourselves :wink: and now me :shock: Looks like I've come back in time.

This is suppose to be the gentle, fun loving site where we all express, well hopefully most of us, :D positive (even constructive criticism) views, opinions on Daniel, his roles, movies, tv, etc, and not what seems to be quite a negative vibe coming through on him and nearly everyone else who's an actor,and what is or isn't their sexuality!

Now come on. Let's get our heads together, have a good meal, caffeine, or alcohol or whatever, have a shower/bath, have a good walk, a good night's sleep and enjoy the Forum as a positive place to be!!! :D

How about it Daniel fans?
:wink:
Hi there Daniel fans. Please feel free to e-mail me as I love to hear from others to keep me in touch with what's going on with Daniel!!! He is such an amazing actor, has amazing looks, those blue eyes and a sexy voice!!!
calypso

Post by calypso »

just my thoughts, i t ry to stay off here as i not want trouble
but surely having battle on title thread will only invite problems?

this thread is or should be about relationship between daniel and rachel not battleground
i realize many people not like this relationship but can we give it same treatment and respect taht was given on here we did with his one with satsuki? those threads were kept streamline and peaceful.
we have diffrences but not lose sight of what this thread is about.

gracias. luna :D
ImageImage