I can understand all your points and all reasons not to have a kid. That's why this isn't a slam dunk. The best reasons I think of for him not wanting a child are :Lu wrote:No, I dont know. I think he already got his little boy--Henry.sf2la wrote:I'd go so far to say that even if he IS snipped, he'd go in for the procedure where they extract the little Danny's right out of him.
Who knows what they'd get, but I say he wants a boy. And you know Ella does. I think a girl would devastate her - she's Daddy's only little girl and has to like it that way.
It is perfect for him. Now he gets a daughter AND son and no pregnancy stress or early childhood horrors to deal with. Don't forget, he left his wife around the time Ella was 1-2 years old and said he was "not very good at it." Those early years are hell on parent's relationship and I'm sure he remembers that (you never forget).
So I vote snipped, no reversal, and that he is the bestest papa ever to Henry and takes him under his wing as his own son 100%. He is just the type to do that.
- they now get a kid 1/2 the time and no kid the other half. How perfect is that?
- they'd be juggling Henry's 1/2-time schedule, their kid 100% of the time, her work schedule, and Daniel's work schedule. YIKES (but live-in au pairs can take care of all that.)
- living in NYC would mean that their kid would be snapped in the press. No injunctions there to prevent it. I'm not sure he would want to introduce a 'celebrity' baby into this papz-infested world.
1. Regarding the age: Lots of women have kids in their early 40s. My best friend had hers at 41 and 43. It's become so common.
2. The age: It's why they can't wait long.
2. Henry is not Daniel's; he's Darren's. Of course he'll love Henry (I'm sure he already does), but I have the feeling that he would like his own family with Rachel, the woman he loves to death. Things were totally different with Fiona (maybe he wasn't in love, his career was just starting, he was young, didn't understand the enormity of a child, etc.)
3. It just seems like a natural step for them.
4. He'll do whatever he can to make Rachel happy. Whatever. So assuming she wants a child with Daniel and a sibling for Henry, he's more than happy to oblige. It's Rachel who will drive this ship.
5. Their celebrity friends have young kids and/or were successful and his age or older having kids - Hugh, Harrison Ford, Richard Gere, Spielberg.....so he knows it can be successfully done.
6. Just a gut feeling that there is too much love between them not to take this next step and produce a child from this love or at least not use contraception. If it happens, it happens. If it happened, it happened.
7. They can afford baby nannies to handle the extra work infants require.
On this one, time will definitely tell.