Bond 23 Spoiler thread

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Bond 23 Spoiler thread

Post by Germangirl »

Boss and others - I am sorry, but I think, we should have it for stories like this one. Here those can post and discuss them, who don't mind "knowing", what MIGHT go on. I don't see, how else we can do it, without either spoiling or not posting certain articles. Mind you, many will be :crap but not all.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-g ... t-15216159
Last edited by Germangirl on Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Good idea.. I haven't yet decided what I'm going to do. I am glad I didn't read anything about DH before seeing it.....I'll likely look at the Bond 23 pics, but that's it.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

I don't see the need of this thread. If someone doesn't want to read something about Bond23 once filming has started, stay away from the Bond 23 thread.

All those sticky threads are only blowing up this forum. I didn't see the need for the DH review thread either. I think opinions about movie (review of members) belpng to the Movies thread.

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Dunda wrote:I don't see the need of this thread. If someone doesn't want to read something about Bond23 once filming has started, stay away from the Bond 23 thread.

All those sticky threads are only blowing up this forum. I didn't see the need for the DH review thread either. I think opinions about movie (review of members) belpng to the Movies thread.
I think, a Bond film is not comparable to any other film and you know, HOW MUCH stuff is going to happen and forcing members to not read anything in order to avoid spoiler wouldn't be right IMO. I deleted the "Best of twitter" sticky to make room for this

Personally I would suggest to go all the way with this. There is nothing like being close during filming a Bond movie and they let you with almost daily stuff of whatever kind. If you stay away from the clips, that pop up close to release date, you'll be fine. You will know somehow, what is going to happen, but you haven't the feeling, you have already seen the film.

But I know, some prefer to go spoilerfree and for them to still take part, I feel its good to have this additional thread.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

I kind of agree with Dunda, such a big production is hard to ignore and in the true sense of the word a "spoiler" means giving away the twists and turns of the plot. I don't think any of that will emerge until the critics and audience have seen the film and can comment. As per the DH spolier thread that wasn't opened until the film was out.

Agree that many don't want to know what's what till they see the movie, but just wondering if this might cause confusion - having two threads and knowing what to post where based on an individuals' sense of the word "spoiler"?

Is the location disclosure really a spoiler? Everything else that comes with it in the editorial is supposition and hardly giving the plot away.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Open for discussion...if the majority is against it, I will close it - no problem :wink: I am just against the notion, that you need to avoid the whole 23 thread in order to not get beforehand information. If you have to do that, you will loose out big time IMO and that is not necessary...but please - post your opinion.

i agree, its not easy to decide, what is and what is not - its based on persoal opinion and can be difficult to judge and hence a pain in the arse.

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Would it not suffice if the poster typed spoiler in big letters as a warning.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Sylvia's girl wrote:Would it not suffice if the poster typed spoiler in big letters as a warning.
Won't work, as people would take reference to the posted content and so would give away the spoiler anyway. Its difficult ...but perhaps there is no such thing as spoilerfree, when you are in a Bond or DC forum doring a Bond film shooting...

socha

BOND 23 SPOILER THREAD

Post by socha »

we're all adults here. each of us should have the right to read a spoiler if he or she wants to. this idea that one or more individuals get to decide what others should be able to read sounds like censorship. that's just how i feel about it.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

It's not about censorship. And nobody is deciding what you should read.

It's about using two different thread for post with/without spoilers, so that nobody reads spoliers by accident.

You are free to read both thread.

I don't see the need for two threads though.

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Dunda wrote: I don't see the need for two threads though.
I have no idea, how you can avoid reading spoilers, when its all in one thread, since - like I said - others will refer to the spoiler post (which you can avoid reading, when marked) but will know what its all about anyway through the next posts of reference.

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Germangirl wrote:
I have no idea, how you can avoid reading spoilers, when its all in one thread, since - like I said - others will refer to the spoiler post (which you can avoid reading, when marked) but will know what its all about anyway through the next posts of reference.
I guess people just have to stay away from everything if they don't want to know anything. :lol:

We didn't have it in the past when QoS (or Cowboys or Tattoo) was filmed so....
And who decides what is a spoiler? Some people consider special news be spoiler, some not....

If you don't want to be spoiled, just avoid the Bond23 Pic and Video thread. That's the kind of stuff that spoils a movie and not something in the newroom, IMO.

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Dunda wrote:
Germangirl wrote:
I guess people just have to stay away from everything if they don't want to know anything. :lol:

We didn't have it in the past when QoS (or Cowboys or Tattoo) was filmed so....
And who decides what is a spoiler? Some people consider special news be spoiler, some not....

If you don't want to be spoiled, just avoid the Bond23 Pic and Video thread. That's the kind of stuff that spoils a movie and not something in the newroom, IMO.
I don't agree in general, do agree, that it is difficult to decide, which is what. This makes it more difficult for those, who post the news, sooooo...okayyyyyy. I will close this, also not many do have an opinion on this or bothered to post it, so it might not e important. If we feel, its better to reopen it, we can always do. I delete the sticky for now and lock it.