Daniel and the Olympics

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

calypso

Post by calypso »

si watch it very good i cheer for him oh was an honor yes? he was bo0nd in and out
ImageImage
Laredo

Post by Laredo »

No Dr. Who :( :(
caramel

Post by caramel »

I loved the scene of Bond with the Queen. He looked very handsome and she looked very cute.
LOL at the way she jumped out! :lol:
But it was a bit anticlimactic for me as he didn't do much. But nonetheless a true honor indeed! :D

Also loved the Mr.Bean skit :lol:

The rest of the opening ceremony was very well done too! UK folks should be very proud of having this event go off well :thumbup:
SilverDragon

Post by SilverDragon »

In my opinion I thought it was the best opening ceremony I've ever seen! The James Bond bit was obviously my favorite and loved the Mr. Bean bit too! :D
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

calypso wrote:si watch it very good i cheer for him oh was an honor yes? he was bo0nd in and out
Love your new avi Luna. 8)

It's kinda weird. If we had not all seen this with our own eyes, we would have assumed it was photo-shopped....Bond and HRH walking down a corridor in Buck House. :mrgreen:
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Watch Your Back, Dame Judi Dench: Boyle Says Queen Elizabeth Is A Good Actor - She and James Bond 'Got Along Very Well'

If Queen Elizabeth ever tires of the throne, she has a future in acting. Filmmaker Danny Boyle, who directed an inspired and beautifully surreal opening ceremony for the XXX Olympiad in London, told NBC's Meredith Vieira that the Royal was "a good actor" for her pre-recorded segment with current James Bond Daniel Craig.
"She was very gracious in giving us access," Boyle told Vieira when she asked him how he managed to get the Queen to participate in what is proving to be the most talked-about portion of his Isles of Wonder production. "She's very sharp," Boyle told Vieira. "You didn't have to tell her anything twice." Boyle also noted that "Her and James Bond got along very well" and that Craig — who collected the queen for a helicopter ride that resulted in the duo's stunt doubles parachuting into Olympic Stadium — gave an extremely nuanced glance as Elizabeth passed him in one scene that registered the momentous melding of fact and fiction. "Sleight, surreal, eccentricity. That's what we're good at, really," Boyle told Vieira of his movie-making imprint on the London games. We have to agree.

http://movieline.com/2012/07/28/danny-b ... -ceremony/
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Laredo wrote:No Dr. Who :( :(
:comfort:

There was no reason why they could not have added him in the NHS section (still trying to figure out why we needed to bit hammered over the head by the overtly political reference to the NHS, but there ya go :-k ) but Dr Who would not have been out of place among Voldermort and Mary Poppins etc
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

I was on the edge of my seat last night watching this... and LAUGHING too!! 8) :lol: That must have been an extraordinary day for Daniel. It's obviously filmed inside Buckingham Palace itself. He must have been pinching himself at times - he thinks of himself as ordinary so maybe he couldn't believe he was actually there doing what he was doing. The clip was funny and witty. Of course, I wish it could have been a bit longer. Daniel himself looked... different somehow. Still sexy but he himself adopted this kind of regal air. He looked noble, almost Prince-like. Knowing how good an actor he is, he can probably absorb emotions and atmospheres like a sponge. All he was doing was integrating himself into the opulence of the Palace by just changing the way he walked, the way he stood and the expressions on his face. The whole thing was priceless. :D It rendered the rest of the opening ceremony almost redundant..... for me, anyway!! :wink: :lol:
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Edge of my seat bursting with pride at the Bond segment - but oh dear, why did Buck Palace ever agree to have the Queen parachute in? I thought it was corny and embarrassing. The look on her face said it all.

Loved the opening segments - the pastoral scenes followed by the industrial revolution, but from there on in it was downhill all the way. The NHS? What as Boyle thinking, yes, agreed, very British, but really?

Overall I found it all a bit incoherent, no consistency - Paul McCartney randomly popping up out of nowhere after the lofty lighting ceremony all seemed so silly. It's getting tired the Sir McCartney thing - I'm a huge Beatles fan, but they can't keep rolling him out every time there's a grand British event.

We also had to tolerate ads every 10 minutes, which made it hard to enjoy the flow (if there was any).

Mr Bean? Please, that was a great piece of music, tied to a great British Olympic achievement and they turned it into a joke.

Sorry, my bubble burst after Queenie dropped in with her skirts everywhere. Thank god for Daniel's bit, although I did wonder "is that it" after Bond parachuted in and disappeared.

Oh and we got the Skyfall trailer - very fast, but a trailer nonetheless!
cheryl1700

Post by cheryl1700 »

I think boyle was showing the things that alot of the countries in the world would like, like the NHS, for all its faults it is a great service. (even though i sort of made a cup of tea in the middle of it) Brunel, Mr bean, bond, all things i think, that people recognise as being "only" british.
I really liked it, abit tongue in cheek at times. Must admit, i was ready for it to end, when Paul mccarty came up, but it was nearly 1.00am so i was getting tired by then. I think he tried to fit everyone in and not leave things out so yes it was abit all over the place at times.
You should have watched it on the BBC mrs B no adverts. probably another thing that Mr boyle should added. A tv channel with no flaming adverts to spoil the shows.
It was alittle bit of showing off, to the world, now like the next morning if i think about it, to me, this is wot britain has achieved (leaving the horrible bits we invented like concentration camps yes we were the first, and slavery). I especially like the world web guy oh yes he was british this internet thing that everyone uses. So it made me proud.

But the industrial revolution thing looked brilliant, and i knew amazingly that it was Brunel they were protraying without being told. But found it like hurry up and finish and get on with it abit.
Everyone has different likes and dislikes i suppose. I enjoyed it overall. I thought the Queen and Prince philip were ready for bed at 11.00pm you could see them itching like wheres me cocoa and me bed. (to me).
Last edited by cheryl1700 on Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daniel_Craig

Post by Daniel_Craig »

Last edited by Daniel_Craig on Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

The only option to view it here in the US was NBC, BBC America wasn't showing it. So it was constant adverts, they even tagged the Bond segment onto the ads, so you couldn't actually tell initially that you were watching the main event and not another ad.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Good Morning, everybody. I slept till noon :shock: only to come to a new add and lovely comments. I thouoght, it was a great way t treat it and letting her jump out was funny and unexpected. The more often you watch the clip, the more you see of little nuances - of the kind, you get with Daniel. He did a great job.
Last edited by Germangirl on Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

cheryl1700

Post by cheryl1700 »

bumblebee wrote:The only option to view it here in the US was NBC, BBC America wasn't showing it. So it was constant adverts, they even tagged the Bond segment onto the ads, so you couldn't actually tell initially that you were watching the main event and not another ad.
Oh god, I would find that so annoying!!!! Just find like totally bad mannered that they dont tell u when the actual show is starting.
I hate watching sky for that reason, as my attention span weens abit after eight minutes of adverts, and by that time, i am asking myself, wot was i watching again. Cant stand it.
You know wot else really really gets my goat too, when they are doing a documentary or the news and they put music on when someone is talking and telling there story. Oh it must be a sad story they have put plinky plonky piano music in the background. Thank you, but i would like to make up my own mind whether or not this persons story is sad or not. They have just started doing it on CBBC channel emma watches now. Are children are now being told according to the music whether some ones story is sad or not without them having to think for themselves. Luckly kids arent that daft. Sorry rant over, but it really gets to me, they do it on the radio when someone is phoning in too. play music in the background, like its hard enough to hear someone on the phone, without putting music in the background to totally drown them out. Finished moaning now :evil:
Last edited by cheryl1700 on Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.