Daniel and the Olympics

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

cheryl1700

Post by cheryl1700 »

:Nope i think he will have a stuntman, probably a marine. Who will do it, than he will come out the otherside somehow. How we going to pay each other?? tee hee
caramel

Post by caramel »

bumblebee wrote:I think he can pull it off, this is an actor, who harnessed up on set will take on most stunts. Assuming the helicopter is low enough, he's well harnesse, and there's plenty of padding on the ground he could well abseil in.

Right, I'm putting $10 on it, anyone else in?
I think he can do it too. Thats why the stuntman thing is so disappointing :(

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/2 ... _hp_ref=tw
A prerecorded segment has been filmed inside Buckingham Palace, reportedly involving Queen Elizabeth II and Daniel Craig as secret agent James Bond. If rumor is to be believed, a stuntman dressed as 007 will parachute into the stadium to start the show.
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

caramel wrote:
bumblebee wrote:I think he can pull it off, this is an actor, who harnessed up on set will take on most stunts. Assuming the helicopter is low enough, he's well harnesse, and there's plenty of padding on the ground he could well abseil in.

I think he can do it too. Thats why the stuntman thing is so disappointing :(

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/2 ... _hp_ref=tw
A prerecorded segment has been filmed inside Buckingham Palace, reportedly involving Queen Elizabeth II and Daniel Craig as secret agent James Bond. If rumor is to be believed, a stuntman dressed as 007 will parachute into the stadium to start the show.
I agree, he is James Bond, why fake it?
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Sneak peek here, no mention of Bond though: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/olympi ... arsal.html

If you read the comments someone posted a vid.
Last edited by bumblebee on Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

I think he could do it no problem, but will they let him? :cry:

But.....in the spirit of using positive vibes to try and make it happen - - I'm in, and add my $10 to yours in the pot. 8)
Maybelline

Post by Maybelline »

That sucks big time. I wanted to see it with my sister and grandma and convince them how great he is with the stunt. :lol:

According to the last articles it sounds as if he is only in the video with the Queen and not part of the live action in the stadium. :(
bubita

Post by bubita »

there hasn´t been any comments about Bond at the opening ceremony here!? :dunno:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

What's winched?

JOSH SCOTT ‏@JOSHSCOTT__

Daniel Craig to be winched from a helicopter as James Bond in the opening ceremony. Beckham and The Queen have roles in it..
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

cassandra

Post by cassandra »

Germangirl wrote:What's winched?

JOSH SCOTT ‏@JOSHSCOTT__

Daniel Craig to be winched from a helicopter as James Bond in the opening ceremony. Beckham and The Queen have roles in it..
The Canbridge dictionary defines winch as 'a machine which lifts heavy objects by turning a chain or rope around a tube-shaped device'.
The verb to winch means to pull or lift up or lower with a winch.

This sounds less of an inusurance risk than some other stunts. If this is going to happen on Friday evening Daniel better get back to the UK soon. According to Twitter reports he's just been spotted in Boston.
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

OH a winch - so much safer. And those balls will be nicely squashed in a harness. I sense plenty of photo fodder for years to come just from this appearance! Thank heavens that London is hosting the Olympics during Daniel's reign as Bond!
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Oh yes, that sounds like something, they might let him do. Its not THAT awesome, but better then nothing, even though, there will be those, who will complain never mind what.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I was invited to go along to the Olympics Opening Ceremony rehearsal tonight. They showed a lot, but obviously didnt give every last detail away to the spectators.

Anyway, Bond will be present - at one point the Bond theme played, the lighting effects in the crowd turned to the Union Jack colours and a HUGE helicopter flew over-head. Obviously they stopped it there (they couldn't give toooo much away at this stage) but it looks like it's gonna be great. Incidentaly, the following act was the introduction of the Queen and the Duke into the arena.

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Well if thtat's the case he better hurry back to England today. Atleast give himself a little time tp prepare. :wink:
bubita

Post by bubita »

Eating my nails now .
caramel

Post by caramel »

Sylvia's girl wrote:Well if thtat's the case he better hurry back to England today. Atleast give himself a little time tp prepare. :wink:
I know, right? Shouldn't there be a rehearsal for him or something?