Daniel and the Olympics

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

On the Today show this morning they said the highlight of the opening ceremony will be a stuntman parachuting into the stadium as James Bond?

Stuntman!!!
cheryl1700

Post by cheryl1700 »

bumblebee wrote:On the Today show this morning they said the highlight of the opening ceremony will be a stuntman parachuting into the stadium as James Bond?

Stuntman!!!
Well suppose daniel will be safe!!
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

WTF!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Germangirl wrote:WTF!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
Hmmm.... :cry:
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Sylvia's girl wrote:
hmmmm....guess we'll know for sure Friday night...I really hope he does it himself, it would be so cool!
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

i think, its all a matter of insurance, but why then all the articles. People will be all over him again for NOT doing it now.

On the other hand - when Bond lands and its a stuntguy - what will he be doing? They couldn't show his face OR they will use some trickery to miraculously make Daniel appear.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

There was a full dress rehearsal of the opening ceremony last night and Matt Lauer got to be there, perhaps they just used the stuntman as a back up? Who knows. Matt said there are elements to the ceremony that people will be talking about for weeks to come!
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

bumblebee wrote:There was a full dress rehearsal of the opening ceremony last night and Matt Lauer got to be there, perhaps they just used the stuntman as a back up? Who knows. Matt said there are elements to the ceremony that people will be talking about for weeks to come!
There's another full dress rehearsal tomorrow night. We'll just have to wait and see. I have read a couple of articles/blogs that also state that it could be performed by a stuntman and not DC. :wink:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

In a way, its more normal, if a stuntguy does it, but then they should have put that right upfront and not let all these articles spread.

caramel

Post by caramel »

Sylvia's girl wrote:
Yes WTF!! That sucks :evil: :cry: It must be an insurance thing then.

As much as I want Daniel to be safe, I guess I always felt he could do it as abseiling didn't 'look' that scary ( what do I know :roll: ) . He looks athletic enough to get the hang of it and do it.
I was really looking forward to this. Hope this stunt guy thing is a rumor and that Daniel will end up doing it.
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

caramel wrote:
Sylvia's girl wrote:
Yes WTF!! That sucks :evil: :cry: It must be an insurance thing then.

As much as I want Daniel to be safe, I guess I always felt he could do it as abseiling didn't 'look' that scary ( what do I know :roll: ) . He looks athletic enough to get the hang of it and do it.
I was really looking forward to this. Hope this stunt guy thing is a rumor and that Daniel will end up doing it.
No kidding WTF, it's got to be an insurance issue. They will probably use a smoke screen, so much going on the switch can be made:Stuntman to Daniel. :dunno:
tampa

Post by tampa »

Germangirl wrote:In a way, its more normal, if a stuntguy does it, but then they should have put that right upfront and not let all these articles spread.
Exactly. If they had been more open about his part of the program, it might have spared him any comments about him wimping out. But it seems they want everything to be a secret.

Actually I hope he does not do it if it is dangerous stunt. Parachuting into the stadium is dangerous and risky. They can rehearse it tons, but the live event is 100 times more difficult, given the huge crowds, the security problems, the wind. So much can go wrong. They need a very experienced stunt man to do a parachute jump. DC does not have that kind of experience. If he does any part of a stunt, I just hope it goes well. In a crazy, huge event like this, he could be injured, or embarrassed, so for me the less stunt stuff he does, the better.
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

tampa wrote:
Germangirl wrote:In a way, its more normal, if a stuntguy does it, but then they should have put that right upfront and not let all these articles spread.
Exactly. If they had been more open about his part of the program, it might have spared him any comments about him wimping out. But it seems they want everything to be a secret.

Actually I hope he does not do it if it is dangerous stunt. Parachuting into the stadium is dangerous and risky. They can rehearse it tons, but the live event is 100 times more difficult, given the huge crowds, the security problems, the wind. So much can go wrong. They need a very experienced stunt man to do a parachute jump. DC does not have that kind of experience. If he does any part of a stunt, I just hope it goes well. In a crazy, huge event like this, he could be injured, or embarrassed, so for me the less stunt stuff he does, the better.
I agree that if a stuntman is going to do it then they should have come clean stating that Daniel is not doing it.
Btw, the last info I heard was that he is abseiling from a helicopter into the arena or being lowered on a ladder. Not a parachute.
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

No matter how much it could be "for insurance reasons" the gutter snipes will see it as an opportunity to take a nip at him.

Given the comparison made in the most recent Sun article it will be a real publicity mis-step if he does not do it.

I can see this all over again and negative comparisons with Bourne thrown in for good measure.

The Sun headline at the time was ..............

JAMES Bond star DANIEL CRAIG looks like he wants to Live and Let DRY – as he takes to the water in a girlie life vest.

They were at the front of the crappy Blonde Bond nonsense. The Sun "newspaper" will take a pop at anyone they can get away with.....and don't lets even imagine what the Daily Mail will do with it. :evil:
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

I think he can pull it off, this is an actor, who harnessed up on set will take on most stunts. Assuming the helicopter is low enough, he's well harnesse, and there's plenty of padding on the ground he could well abseil in.

Right, I'm putting $10 on it, anyone else in?