Daniel and the Olympics

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

cheryl1700

Post by cheryl1700 »

WOOOOHHHHOOOOOOO!! GO DANIEL!!!
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

I'm looking forward to the opening ceremony a lot - for a moment I thought I wouldn't be able to watch it because I'm working all day, but then I realised that we're one hour ahead, so I'll make it home in time :D
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Gosh, this is epic.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

OMG, bumping, because this is major. Thanks SG!

Sylvia's girl wrote:The London 2012 Opening Ceremony Plans Leak to The Royalist

It’s all top secret, hush-hush under wraps, so if you don’t want to ruin the big surprise, then perhaps it would be better to stop reading now rather than write in the comments box later what a miserable curmudgeon I am, ruining people’s fun etc etc. Just an idea, but hey, whatever turns you on.

So sources say that as the lights go down for the big opening ceremony a week on Friday, a short film will begin, which will be shown on giant screens at the Olympic stadium and on TV at the same time. It features everybody’s favourite special agent, James Bond aka Daniel Craig, arriving with a crunch of gravel at Buckingham Palace. He makes his way inside, and the next clip is THE QUEEN HERSELF tapping Mr Craig on the shoulders and uttering the immortal words, “Arise Sir James”.

This is the first time the Queen has ever enaged in a fictional scenario on camera.

Sir James is then given a special mission, to open the London 2012 games. He heads outside and jumps into a waiting chopper, emblazoned with a Union Jack. This then speeds up the Thames, flying underneath Tower Bridge (the footage was filmed in sunny June).

Back at the stadium, the air is filled with the sound of whirling helicopter blades, as the very same chopper now magically appears above the stadium in real time, assuming it is not shot down by the surface to air missiles located on a nearby London tower block. A hatch opens. A rope drops.

AND DANIEL CRAIG ABSEILS INTO THE STADIUM!!

It’s going to be mega, folks, it all kicks off a week on Friday and you heard it here first.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... alist.html
:thudpile
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Above all, it IS sort of a knighthood from the Queen for Daniel himself, because I doubt she would do this, if she didn't like him herself and didn't think, he was a tip top ambassador for England.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Germangirl wrote:Above all, it IS sort of a knighthood from the Queen for Daniel himself, because I doubt she would do this, if she didn't like him herself and didn't think, he was a tip top ambassador for England.
I think Daniel's Bond and the entire franchise is a great ambassador for the UK (not just England), but I think the occasion also sets a precedent for this. I'd like to think she respects him too, but first and foremost this is about Bond and a historic sporting event. I suspect Pierce's Bond would have got the gig too, no disrespect to Daniel.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

bumblebee wrote:
Germangirl wrote:Above all, it IS sort of a knighthood from the Queen for Daniel himself, because I doubt she would do this, if she didn't like him herself and didn't think, he was a tip top ambassador for England.
I think Daniel's Bond and the entire franchise is a great ambassador for the UK (not just England), but I think the occasion also sets a precedent for this. I'd like to think she respects him too, but first and foremost this is about Bond and a historic sporting event. I suspect Pierce's Bond would have got the gig too, no disrespect to Daniel.
Yes, I agree.

caramel

Post by caramel »

Germangirl wrote:
bumblebee wrote:
Yes, I agree.
I keep thinking about this.
It is a huge deal - 50 years of Bond and the Olympics happening the same year. The stars just aligned for Daniel. Who knows if not for the delay after QoS this Bond wouldn't have happened this year. That would have been a sadness.
Now all I pray for is for Daniel to do his stunt perfectly. Wish him all the best. Yikes! I am excited but so apprehensive for him! Image

I wonder if it will be something like this.
Around 1:00, he does the abseiling. Before that he is preparing for it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Yxbfvsel0A

Around 1.10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbePS9PW ... re=related
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

caramel wrote:
Germangirl wrote:
bumblebee wrote: I think Daniel's Bond and the entire franchise is a great ambassador for the UK (not just England), but I think the occasion also sets a precedent for this. I'd like to think she respects him too, but first and foremost this is about Bond and a historic sporting event. I suspect Pierce's Bond would have got the gig too, no disrespect to Daniel.
Yes, I agree.
I keep thinking about this.
It is a huge deal - 50 years of Bond and the Olympics happening the same year. The stars just aligned for Daniel. Who knows if not for the delay after QoS this Bond wouldn't have happened this year. That would have been a sadness.
Now all I pray for is for Daniel to do his stunt perfectly. Wish him all the best. Yikes! I am excited but so apprehensive for him! Image

I wonder if it will be something like this.
Around 1:00, he does the abseiling. Before that he is preparing for it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Yxbfvsel0A

Around 1.10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbePS9PW ... re=related
OMG, I can't breathe, this is mega big, big...big...big... The Bond franchise knew they had to do a movie for the 50th anniversary, and a documnetary.
Now that I catch my breathe, can someone explain this to me (crunch of gravel) :roll: thanks.
MY office is across from a hospital trama center and helicopters come in and out all times of the day. It is so awesome to hear those blades perpelling through your stomach. It;s a real rush.
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Gravel is chippings - is that what American's call them? Small stones, underfoot they crunch. The forecourt of Buck Palace is this texture.
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

bumblebee wrote:Gravel is chippings - is that what American's call them? Small stones, underfoot they crunch. The forecourt of Buck Palace is this texture.
SO arriving with a crunch of gravel meaning, gravel crunching under his feet.
got it, Thanks Mrs. B.
Maybelline

Post by Maybelline »

Very risky but happy for him because it's too cool.

Also the best promotion for Bond.
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

Maybelline wrote:Very risky but happy for him because it's too cool.

Also the best promotion for Bond.
too cool for school.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

After watching the clips, I think, its not too dangerous and propbably easy for him to do after all his experience with stunts. Strong winds could come in the way a bit, but I would like it to be as spectacular as possible. He might still have to prove to some, he ain't no sissy. Eat your words, hater :lol:

I just bought a big sceen TV for my daughters room, so I can watch it BIG :mrgreen:

Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Germangirl wrote:
I just bought a big sceen TV for my daughters room, so I can watch it BIG :mrgreen:
For your daughter's room so YOU can watch it big? Does she approve of it? :wink: