Daniel and the Olympics

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Sylvia's girl
Posts: 11952
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:57 am

Post by Sylvia's girl » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:58 am

StarryDannyFan wrote:Thanks Sylvia's girl, I am more obsessed with the Olympics these days more than Daniel (sorry Daniel!). So when I heard about this and had to come here to check out if it is true or not.

Hope you are all well though. Take care!

SDF xx
I must admit I'm looking forward to it more since Daniel's involvement. :wink:

User avatar
StarryDannyFan
Posts: 4187
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:04 pm
Location: Bristol,UK

Post by StarryDannyFan » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:04 pm

Yeah that's good, it will mean I will come here more often if it is true that he will open the Opening Ceremony!! Also if he holds the Olympic Torch - would be magic for me!!!

SDF xx
Image
Image

Sylvia's girl
Posts: 11952
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:57 am

Post by Sylvia's girl » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:07 pm

StarryDannyFan wrote:Yeah that's good, it will mean I will come here more often if it is true that he will open the Opening Ceremony!! Also if he holds the Olympic Torch - would be magic for me!!!

SDF xx
Lets hope! *fingers crossed* :D

SmittenDramaKitten
Posts: 9941
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:29 am

Post by SmittenDramaKitten » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:01 pm

Flippin' 'Eck!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: JUST AS LONG AS DANIEL STAYS SAFE this will be a great way to open the Olympics. 8) It will probably be the only part of the games that I actually watch since I have no interest in sport generally speaking... :wink:

Sylvia's girl
Posts: 11952
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:57 am

Post by Sylvia's girl » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:19 am

Danny Boyle seen directing helicopters flying under Tower Bridge yesterday. Some nice footage.

Tom Scott ‏@tomscott
Video of #towerbridgehelicopter from @edent: http://youtu.be/DLuL1ZLMkj8 — some very impressive flying!

Tom Scott ‏@tomscott
Two helicopters passing under Tower Bridge! Fairly sure that's a world first: http://twitpic.com/9ulmsd

London SE1 ‏@se1
Was it Danny Boyle filming for Olympics? RT @baynesmedia: Helicopters fly through middle of Tower Bridge http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS9qfggb ... e=youtu.be

andrew edler ‏@AndyEdler
Correction on the helicopters. The presence of Danny Boyle stood from Wopposite us directing suggests Olympics. Adam Lackey ‏@lackeyadam

Great day out in London incl. aquarium,changing of the guards,helicopters being filmed for Danny Boyle and south bank! http://pic.twitter.com/4pOzTk9j

User avatar
bumblebee
Posts: 15193
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:01 pm
Location: British in USA

Post by bumblebee » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:58 am

Wow, that's neat, looks like the second one is filming the first.

Sylvia's girl
Posts: 11952
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:57 am

Post by Sylvia's girl » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:22 pm

bumblebee wrote:Wow, that's neat, looks like the second one is filming the first.
That's right, it is.... :D

User avatar
caramel
Posts: 4748
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:30 pm
Location: California

Post by caramel » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:45 pm

Sylvia's girl wrote:
bumblebee wrote:Wow, that's neat, looks like the second one is filming the first.
That's right, it is.... :D
How exciting! At one point they seemed so close to each other! :shock:

This brings back memories for me from my last year's visit! :sigh:
I want to go back Image

Sylvia's girl
Posts: 11952
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:57 am

Post by Sylvia's girl » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:15 pm

Extraordinary moment two helicopters dived dramatically low under Tower Bridge to film Bond themed sequence for Olympic opening
ceremonyStunt thought to have been for short opening ceremony film being directed by Danny Boyle


The helicopters may have been carrying Daniel Craig in his role as James Bond


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z1xPa6WPfv

User avatar
Vynera
Posts: 893
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 1:43 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Post by Vynera » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:47 pm

"A woman looks beautiful when she's true to herself. Her inner beauty shines through. It's like being in love--it shows. You have a natural glow, you can't help but beam--that's beautiful."
-Rachel Weisz

User avatar
cheryl1700
Posts: 9682
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:25 pm

Post by cheryl1700 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:25 pm

thanks for that V. Our boy is going to look fanastic
Image
Image

User avatar
bumblebee
Posts: 15193
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:01 pm
Location: British in USA

Post by bumblebee » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:13 am

Not sure how Bond will fit in but Danny Boyle sure is going very English in this theme! http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/olympi ... Boyle.html

User avatar
cheryl1700
Posts: 9682
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:25 pm

Post by cheryl1700 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:48 am

Really looking forward to his opening ceremony, the thing is he will get slated for if he does not represent scotland, wales and northern ireland in his green and pleasant land and it is mostly the south of england he has presented, I am sure he hasnt been that daft as to miss them/us out.
Image

User avatar
bumblebee
Posts: 15193
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:01 pm
Location: British in USA

Post by bumblebee » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:16 pm

cheryl1700 wrote:Really looking forward to his opening ceremony, the thing is he will get slated for if he does not represent scotland, wales and northern ireland in his green and pleasant land and it is mostly the south of england he has presented, I am sure he hasnt been that daft as to miss them/us out.
You have a point, he's from Manchester, so we can but hope! Sheep - well that's a nod to Wales at least!!! :wink:

User avatar
cheryl1700
Posts: 9682
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:25 pm

Post by cheryl1700 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:19 pm

bumblebee wrote:
cheryl1700 wrote:Really looking forward to his opening ceremony, the thing is he will get slated for if he does not represent scotland, wales and northern ireland in his green and pleasant land and it is mostly the south of england he has presented, I am sure he hasnt been that daft as to miss them/us out.
You have a point, he's from Manchester, so we can but hope! Sheep - well that's a nod to Wales at least!!! :wink:
Oh if he is from Manchester, he just has to do it right then, and represent everyone. I will always remember the Queen's last jubaliee, silver one. Our burning beacon for the north east of england was in Manchester, i was disgusted. Kept thinking so how we suppose see that from here like, (newcastle). Its deffo getting so better though, the torch is going thru north shields, on Friday the 15th june, so going to see that.
Image

Post Reply