Anybody here who can record from american TV?

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Anybody here who can record from american TV?

Post by Germangirl »

I am thinking of the SNL in October and of the Bafta award in November and who knows, what else. The YT only every so often has parts and I think, the whole bits here would be really interesting.

Here is what Caramel has said.
caramel wrote: I don't know how to get it from my DVR to computer.... not tech savvy enough I am afraid! :(
If anyone can tell me how to do it, and have immense patience thru my learning curve, I can try.
Help would be much appreciated either to C or from someone, who knows and can do it. Thanks!!!
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

tbossmc2000

Re: Anybody here who can record from american TV?

Post by tbossmc2000 »

Germangirl wrote:I am thinking of the SNL in October and of the Bafta award in November and who knows, what else. The YT only every so often has parts and I think, the whole bits here would be really interesting.

Here is what Caramel has said.
caramel wrote: I don't know how to get it from my DVR to computer.... not tech savvy enough I am afraid! :(
If anyone can tell me how to do it, and have immense patience thru my learning curve, I can try.
Help would be much appreciated either to C or from someone, who knows and can do it. Thanks!!!
I am thinking it wll show up on youtube. Anyone that has streaming ability can download it. I am in the same category as Caramel, not very electronic savvy.
How about Hululu, anyone use that?
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

I haven't checked lately, but aren't the full SNL episodes available on their website??
caramel

Post by caramel »

Hannah wrote:I haven't checked lately, but aren't the full SNL episodes available on their website??
"Full episodes of SNL consist of material that is cleared for online streaming. Some sketches and musical performances may be omitted due to various restrictions. Episodes are posted Sunday afternoons and are available five at a time. All of the clips cleared for online streaming are posted on Hulu. Select musical performances are available for a limited time."

http://www.hulu.com/saturday-night-live
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Hannah wrote:I haven't checked lately, but aren't the full SNL episodes available on their website??
That's what I thought too

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/ ... ima=114618

Well the Bafta thing is another question.....

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Yup. we have time to prepare that one with all the pre - stuff. Lets work that out.

Jes! How about you?
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

Most cable offered DVRs do not allow uploading from the box to your computer. But I'm sure someone has a work around somewhere online.

But Tivo is a different story. They allow you do upload from your list of saved files. That was how I was able to get the Biography Channels documentary of DC. Unfortunately I do not have Tivo.

But didn't someone mention that BBC America will be broadcasting the Baftas? Maybe they'll stream it as well, allowing someone who has that channel to capture it.
Crazy!
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

I am going to ask my co worker Monday, streaming is the only way he watches TV and he gets all the programs.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

tbossmc2000 wrote:I am going to ask my co worker Monday, streaming is the only way he watches TV and he gets all the programs.
Yes, please do. Many thanks in advance, Boss.

honeyjes

Post by honeyjes »

Germangirl wrote:Yup. we have time to prepare that one with all the pre - stuff. Lets work that out.

Jes! How about you?
I'm UK based, so will have the same problems with access. If it is streamed or someone can provide the link I should be able to capture convert and post though.

JES
Truth, wisdom, love, seek reasons; malice only seeks causes.
Johann Kaspar Lavater
cheryl1700

Post by cheryl1700 »

well done jes

can t help i am afraid, as dont have a clue how to convert from the tv to computer. Only way i can think of is have a usb connection to dvd player and place recording on that, but have not got a usb connection to my dvd player.
not to worry sure it will appear somewhere on the web, and we can capture and download it. fingers crossed.
Just to see mr shifty pants giggle and laugh and smile, while lots of fidgeting. Just love it!!!!
Corellianjedi2

Post by Corellianjedi2 »

I'll probably be able to get my hands on it that night/early the following morning. Let me know if you still need it!
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Corellianjedi2 wrote:I'll probably be able to get my hands on it that night/early the following morning. Let me know if you still need it!
Please just do it. Better to have more then one in the end then none. :wink:

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

So - we have some, who MIGHT do it, but nothing is fixed yet.

Who is able and willing to record the stuff coming up? We have others, who csn turn it into loadable links.

If you record a whole show, (like we did with Jon Ross) you can see, there is always more to it, then you see on YT. I would really like to not miss out on the SNL experience, for example, and surely there is more interesting stuff coming up, that is not fully shown on YT.

Sorry for nagging, but we have to try :wink:
Last edited by Germangirl on Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

Germangirl wrote:So - we have some, who MIGHT do it, but nothing is fixed yet.

Who is able and willing to record the stuff coming up? We have others, who csn turn it into loadable links.

If you record a whole show, (like we did with Jon Ross) you can see, there is always more to it, then you see on YT. I would really like to not miss out on the SNL experience, for example, and surely there is more interesting stuff coming up, that is not fully shown on YT.

Sorry for nagging, but we have to try :wink:
I forgot to get back on this, was busy during the week. SNL doesn't do live streaming but the next day you can pull it off the web site.
I think you would have to wait till the next day to see it no matter if someone downloads it or records it. Do people record anymore?