Skyfall Box Office - now past the 1 Billion mark!!

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Skyfall Set To Smash DVD And Blu-Ray Sales Records

Could become the highest grossing DVD in history :D

http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news/1 ... s-Records-

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

#5 of all time overseas chart
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Skyfall movie outsold ALL music albums last week in UK

James Bond movie Skyfall was released on DVD, Blu-Ray and download amongst great anticipation last week - and ended up outselling all music albums combined.

As noted in Music Week's full Official Charts Analysis, the a record-breaking Sam Mendes-directed movie - which hit shelves on Monday, February 18 - shifted 1,930,211 units to the end of Saturday.

Great news for the movie industry, not so the music trade: a comparitively unimpressive 1,550,228 sales were clocked up across all music albums, according to Official Charts Company data. That's equivalent to 80.13% of Skyfall's total.

http://www.musicweek.com/news/read/skyf ... -uk/053730

'Skyfall' tops weekly DVD sales, 'Flight' remains top rental

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/en ... 6567.story
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Unbelievable! :D

SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

:dance2: :cancan: :cheer:

THIS is the answer I was hoping for... :D
SilverDragon

Post by SilverDragon »

Yay!!!! :hyper: :hyper: :happyrunning:
Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

aww
the success is neverending!! :jumpfire: :jump: :dance2: :cheer:
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

According to Official Charts Company sales data, Skyfall has become the UK’s fastest selling Blu-ray title of all-time.

Skyfall, the third movie to feature Daniel Craig as James Bond, has gone straight in at Number 1 on this week’s Official Video Chart, selling an incredible 1.986 million copies in its first week on sale.

As a result of its mammoth first week (which saw Skyfall account for almost 45% of all DVD/Blu-rays sold in the UK). Skyfall also scored the biggest first week total of any Blu-ray of all-time - 544,000 copies of the film were purchased on the high definition format alone last week, ahead of Avatar’s 428,000 and The Dark Knight Rises’ 285,000 first week totals. It is also ALREADY the third biggest selling Blu-Ray of all time too, just behind Avatar and Inception – which have sold 1.020 million and 551,000 copies in their lifetimes, respectively.

“James Bond has set many records in his 50 years of adventures - but Skyfall’s DVD/Blu-ray launch last week was truly phenomenal, with almost 2 million copies sold in the UK,” comments Martin Talbot, Managing Director of the Official Charts Company. “In recording this massive total, it also scored biggest Blu-ray first week of all time. To put it in context, one in two of all the DVD/Blu-rays bought in the UK last week were Skyfall. A quite remarkable performance.”

The Official Video Chart is compiled for the video industry by the Official Charts Company, incorporating UK sales of all physical video formats, including DVD, Blu-Ray and VHS. You can see the Official Video Chart Top 40 in full here.

http://www.officialcharts.com/chart-new ... time-1884/
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Just wow! Thanks Sylvia. This film continues to amaze.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

This gets better and better! :D

Vynera

Post by Vynera »

Exciting news :) I'm so proud
"A woman looks beautiful when she's true to herself. Her inner beauty shines through. It's like being in love--it shows. You have a natural glow, you can't help but beam--that's beautiful."
-Rachel Weisz
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

I couldn't be happier for the whole SF cast and crew at this news!!!!!!!

:D :thumbup: :cheer: :cancan:

There is someone, somewhere in the UK watching SF right now. Unfortunately, I still have to wait for the weekend... :roll: :wink:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Yes, proud.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

A well-deserved success. It's a brilliant film with excellent acting performances, an exciting plot, just the right amount of humour, thrilling stunts and gorgeous cinematography.
Hubby and I watched it with our boys on Saturday evening - I was a bit crestfallen when my son took the disc out afterwards and said "how come you put the ordinary DVD in, Mum, instead of the Blu-ray disc?"
Doh! :roll:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

HLAJ wrote:A well-deserved success. It's a brilliant film with excellent acting performances, an exciting plot, just the right amount of humour, thrilling stunts and gorgeous cinematography.
Hubby and I watched it with our boys on Saturday evening - I was a bit crestfallen when my son took the disc out afterwards and said "how come you put the ordinary DVD in, Mum, instead of the Blu-ray disc?"
Doh! :roll:
:lol: That could be me.