Skyfall Box Office - now past the 1 Billion mark!!

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

I think I read that they had a $140 mil budget and the balance was made up from product placement.
Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

^ yeah i remember smth like that too

moar news
Skyfall’ Brings Windfall To UK’s Odeon Circuit
On Thursday, Skyfall became the UK’s all-time highest grossing 007 movie, taking £57M ($91.2)in just 12 days. Odeon, Britain’s largest cinema chain, is reaping the benefits of the breakout Bond movie scoring the largest 7-day opening ever for a single film with £11.3M ($18.1M) in takings at its theaters. Its flagship cinema, Odeon Leicester Square, also set a new record with more than £530K ($848K) in Skyfall’s first week to overtake Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Part 2, which took £495K ($792K at current exchange rate) in 2011. Odeon had a 30.5% market share of Skyfall’s UK box office in its first week.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/11/global- ... -nsw-imax/
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

http://www.deadline.com/2012/11/skyfall ... platforms/

Also the audience for 0007 looks to have expanded: Fandango tells me that 26% of online ticket-buyers for Bond #23 said they only see a “handful (2 or 3)” of films each year so Skyfall isn’t just reaching frequent moviegoers. Going into today, Skyfall was accounting for 58.79% (41.74% for standard screens and 17.05% for IMAX) of all online ticket sales on MovieTickets, and 65% on Fandango.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

We are good with 93% on RT with 202 reviews :D
The already Oscar buzzed Lincoln is at 92%, but its changing, of course. But its not as universally loved as I thougt.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

..and it continues :D

RIDAY 11 AM UPDATE: “We are off to an amazing start,” Sony tells me as Skyfall begins its roll out in North America. It did $2.2 million in Thursday previews that were exclusive to 463 IMAX and Premium Large Format theaters. And beginning with midnight shows that started today, it did $2.4 million for a combined total of $4.6 million. Already, my sources say early matinees are “through the roof”, including exceptional performance from IMAX theaters that are now running with their regular schedule. Stay tuned right here for my continuous updates today and all weekend with domestic box office numbers.

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

FRIDAY: ‘Skyfall’ Soars To $37M For $88M Weekend In U.S. & Canada As Biggest Of All Bonds With $409M Record-Setting Global;

FRIDAY 7:15 PM, 4TH UPDATE: Stay tuned right here for my continuous updates today and all weekend with domestic box office numbers. MGM/Sony Pictures is saying Skyfall is looking to open in North America with a $75M first weekend after doing record-setting business overseas of $321M through Wednesday. But rival studios think Sony is low-balling – and that today’s domestic debut for James Bond #23 is looking to open somewhere over $37M (including $4.6M from Thursday’s IMAX screenings and Friday midnights) and the weekend at around $88M.

:dance2: :dance2: :jump: :jump: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :!: :!: :peace: :cheers1: :peace:

greqat comments under the deadline article!
general public (not the biased trolls @ imdb :P ) are pleased
amazing that ppl who dont go to the cinema often decide to go see the movie with our man :sigh:
Littlesue

Post by Littlesue »

I've only been 5 times in 5 years and 3 of those were the last 3 bond films :) I'd love to go every week but just can't afford it :cry:
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Littlesue wrote:I've only been 5 times in 5 years and 3 of those were the last 3 bond films :) I'd love to go every week but just can't afford it :cry:
That's a problem these days. Belts being tightened all around.

I can remember when we went to the cinema weekly. Now it's saved for films we really want to see rather that going on the chance that something showing will turn out to be an unexpected surprise.

Bond films still tend to be "an event" because of the longevity of the franchise, it looks like that is helping Skyfall avoid the economic woes.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

SATURDAY 3:45 AM, 5TH UPDATE: Stay tuned right here for my continuous updates all weekend with domestic box office numbers for MGM/Sony Pictures’ R-rated Skyfall iand DreamWorks Studios/Fox/Disney’s Lincoln, both of which received great reviews going into Friday. Total moviegoing through Sunday thanks to Skyfall could be $155+M, up +20% from last year. James Bond #23 is looking to open in North America with a $32M Friday and $80+M first weekend. But rival studios think Sony is low-balling – and that Friday’s domestic debut for James Bond #23 is around $33M (including $4.6M from Thursday’s IMAX screenings and Friday midnights) and the weekend around $88M. No matter who’s right: this is absolutely the biggest-grossing 007 movie ever in the string of films since 1962 – not adjusted for inflation or higher ticket prices or IMAX premiums – especially now that it’s received a coveted ‘A’ CinemaScore from audiences. “Skyfall delivers. Blows away $67.5M on Quantum Of Solace by a lot,” a Sony exec gushes to me. “Quantum was -4% from Friday on Saturday. Hopefully, Skyfall will use its ‘A’ Cinemascore to fuel Saturday and push it up even further.” Skyfall‘s 3,505-run wide release in U.S. and Canada set a new record for the global franchise. I’m still waiting for an updated number from Sony for overseas plays after it opened first overseas October 26th. As of Wednesday, the Sam Mendes-directed, John Logan-scripted, Daniel Craig-starring actioner had taken in $321M internationally But Hollywood now is betting that the worldwide total will be a gargantuan $500+M through Sunday - shaken, not stirred.

Daniel_Craig

Post by Daniel_Craig »

Last edited by Daniel_Craig on Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vynera

Post by Vynera »

Nice Daniel :twisted: They should pay you
Daniel_Craig

Post by Daniel_Craig »

Last edited by Daniel_Craig on Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

Daniel_Craig wrote:STRIKE! :D

...and they use my fanart Poster again and again! :D

:twisted: :wink:
WOW, that's cool D_C, your art is incredible and very accurate.
Yeah, you should get a royality for it.