Skyfall Box Office - now past the 1 Billion mark!!

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

JEC57 wrote:
Littlesue wrote:I've only been 5 times in 5 years and 3 of those were the last 3 bond films :) I'd love to go every week but just can't afford it :cry:
That's a problem these days. Belts being tightened all around.

I can remember when we went to the cinema weekly. Now it's saved for films we really want to see rather that going on the chance that something showing will turn out to be an unexpected surprise.

Bond films still tend to be "an event" because of the longevity of the franchise, it looks like that is helping Skyfall avoid the economic woes.
:stick_iagree: I would never normally go and see a movie several times at the cinema - this is just Daniel's influence and inspiration at work. I am going again tomorrow. I was thinking I might be sat there on my own as it is a Monday and not the school holidays. But I won't mind that if I get a 'private showing'. Maybe not as SF as been so popular with people! 8)
Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

Ill go the 5th time this week :)
Jana66

Post by Jana66 »

Daniel_Craig wrote:
Vynera wrote:Nice Daniel :twisted: They should pay you
Maybe I should think about it...? :twisted:
...I would say, yes!
Littlesue

Post by Littlesue »

Luckily we have one of the chain of 'Reel' Cinema's up the road from where I live, they do 'specials on a Monday and Wednesday where it is only £3.20. I might sneak up again for the 3rd time on my day off on Wednesday :D
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Its 88 Mill indeed

SUNDAY AM, 7TH UPDATE: I’ve triedto give continuous updates all weekend with domestic box office numbers for MGM/Sony Pictures’ Skyfall and DreamWorks Studios/Fox/Disney’s Lincoln, both of which received great reviews going into Friday and sparked intense interest. Total moviegoing through Sunday was $160M, more than half of it from James Bond #23, so that’s a very nice +20% more than last year. Despite a four year hiatus during which some cynics thought 007 had jumped the shark, Skyfall opened in North America much larger than anyone thought. Rival studios thought Sony was low-balling with its $75M pre-release estimate. And on Saturday morning, the studio begged me to lower my sources’ $88M weekend estimate. But the magic number is indeed $88M ($30.8M Friday, $33.8M Saturday, and an estimated $20.3M Sunday). This is absolutely the biggest-grossing 007 movie ever in the string of films since 1962 – not adjusted for inflation or higher ticket prices or IMAX premiums – blowing away Quantum Of Solace‘s $67.5M in 2008. After it received a coveted ‘A’ CinemaScore from audiences, word of mouth expectedly bumped grosses +3% from Friday to Saturday – even though Friday’s gross included $4.6M from Thursday’s IMAX screenings and Friday midnights. Skyfall‘s 3,505-run wide release in U.S. and Canada set a new record for the global franchise. I’m still waiting for a 10-day updated international number from Sony after it opened overseas the weekend of October 26th. Sources tell me that, going into this Friday, the Sam Mendes-directed, John Logan-scripted, Daniel Craig-starring actioner had taken in $346.8M internationally But Hollywood now is betting that the worldwide total will be a gargantuan $500+M through Sunday - which can only be described as shaken, not just stirred.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/11/skyfall ... platforms/
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

U.S. Box office results

Exhibitor Relations @ERCboxoffice 12m
Bond blows up the box office! SKYFALL hit $87.8M--the highest debut of the 007 franchise.

Exhibitor Relations @ERCboxoffice 10m
IMAX screenings of SKYFALL accounted for $13.1M this weekend.

Exhibitor Relations @ERCboxoffice 1m
Bond's breakdown: FRI - $31.7M, SAT - $33.9M, SUN - $22.2M 60% male, 75% +25, Cinemascore: A
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

UPDATED: 'Skyfall' Reaches $90 Million In North America

Sunday Update: Skyfall snagged $31.7 million on Friday, and it increased 7% on Saturday to $33.9 million. Sony is predicting it will take in $22.2 million today for a weekend total of $87.8 million. The action flick took in $2.2 million on Thursday thanks to IMAX previews.

Skyfall shattered the record of Biggest Bond Opening in North America previously held by Quantum of Solace, which opened to $67.5 million in November of 2008. This marks the 9th #1 film to be released by Sony Pictures in 2012.

Saturday update: Sony reports that Skyfall made $30.8 million in North America on Friday including $2.4 million from midnight shows. Combined with the $2.2 million the film made on Thursday from IMAX and Premium Large Format theaters, the total stands at $33 million.

Friday update: Sony reports that Skyfall made $2.2 million from Thursday previews that were exclusive to 463 Imax and Premium Large Format theaters. Another $2.4 million came from midnight shows. Early reports indicate that matinee shows are doing well.

http://www.boxoffice.com/latest-news/20 ... s-combined

Total Lifetime GrossesDomestic: $90,000,000 21.9%
+ Foreign: $321,000,000 78.1%

= Worldwide: $411,000,000

Note Foreign BO has yet to be updated.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=bond23.htm
Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

so its estimates or the actual numbers?
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Elvenstar wrote:so its estimates or the actual numbers?
Todays is estimated on the amount of ticket sales etc. We should get the final result tomorrow. :D
Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

thx
i thought so too

now here's hoping it wil get 200+ mil in the US
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Elvenstar wrote:thx
i thought so too

now here's hoping it wil get 200+ mil in the US
Well they predict it will make about $22.2 mil today. Even if it makes considerably more it's doubtful it will make $200. But there is nothing wrong in wishful thinking. :wink:
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

khenton

Post by khenton »

Skyfall international box office
Skyfall has brought in $321m at the international box office as of this past Wednesday, November 7. The latest James Bond movie is already the top 2012 release in the United Kingdom, having just surpassed Christopher Nolan / Christian Bale’s The Dark Knight Rises.

Read more: http://www.altfg.com/blog/movie/skyfall ... z2Bw4fIdKI
Damn. No future with Daniel Craig.Image
Fourwordsbeforesex "Hello, I'm Daniel Craig."
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

It did beat all the highest estimates

‘Skyfall’ Explodes With $515M Worldwide As Biggest Bond With $90M Domestic Opening;

http://www.deadline.com/2012/11/skyfall ... platforms/
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Fantastic! :cheer: