Casting news-rumors

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

caramel

Post by caramel »

Dunda wrote:
Germangirl wrote:
Dunda wrote: What makes you thing that he doesn't know which character he will play? :lol:

Maybe it's just that we (and the journalists, blogger) don't know.
IMO, there is NO reason to not give it away, if it was known.
Nobody had asked to him during the Bond promo, so he didn't refuse to answer that question. I'm sure he didn't sign a contract without knowing which part he will be playing. If he did, I would fire his agent.
Yeah I don't think any actor would blindly sign up for a movie without being sure of the char the will play.
He knows and is probably just keeping the cards close to his chest.

Do we know for sure who the other actors listed are going to be?
Dunda wrote:Skyfall star takes role in factual period drama about US and British taskforce charged with recovering art stolen by the Nazis
Maybe he will be head of the British task force?
More than action I want drama please!
Maybelline

Post by Maybelline »

caramel wrote: Yeah I don't think any actor would blindly sign up for a movie without being sure of the char the will play..
I think it's not uncommon. Just two words: Terrance Malick :wink:
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

DC is a dead ringer for a Germam though. But I hope not. I much prefer when he speaks with his native accent.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Maybelline wrote:
caramel wrote: Yeah I don't think any actor would blindly sign up for a movie without being sure of the char the will play..
I think it's not uncommon. Just two words: Terrance Malick :wink:
Looking at the outcome of Malick's work it's most likely that he himself doesn't now who plays what part and what he himself is doing. :lol: :lol:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

The only worry I have for this movie is that Daniel might take a "cameo" and be in the movie for 15 minutes (like TGC) or something stupid. :? I know this is something he would seriously consider doing to work with such a great ensemble cast but, as Sam Mendes has recently correctly pointed out, he is the best actor of his generation and, hence, is far too good to settle for cameos... :wink:
agrippina

Post by agrippina »

Kind of looking forward to this - finally a movie about preserving cultural heritage and not just looting or destroying it for whatever silly purpose!

On another level, having George and Daniel in the same movie is ideal for me and my good friend. She has a thing about George, that is. And now we can both drool watching the same movie.

And here's a funny piece that came to me through google alerts (sorry, if it has already been posted):

http://www.jewishjournal.com/keepingthe ... niel_craig

Alas, such a thing can easily happen :wink:

Grip
Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

agrippina wrote:And here's a funny piece that came to me through google alerts (sorry, if it has already been posted):

http://www.jewishjournal.com/keepingthe ... niel_craig
I've read that one too, and found it hilarious! I'm sure she'll stay on good terms with poor George though... :lol:
The more joy we have, the more nearly perfect we are. ~Spinoza~
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Oh funny :lol: but so true.

@NBG - I think, this will be about recrutiung the team and from there on, they will work together as a team, which implies, they will share the limelight pretty much to same levels. I suppose, all these men have their own talents and together they try to save the art. With Dainels star hopefully raising again, Clooney won't put im in a short lived cameo. Why would he?
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IM6QI4-_qHk

that man didnt know Dan & Cate worked on Elizabeth either
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Now we have to start tracking on Clooney :roll:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Miss-Meow

Post by Miss-Meow »

I really like the sound of this project - I will be intrigued to see the final output, particularly given the cast (DC being my favourite of course :wink: )
"I shouldn't love you" ("Our Friends in the North") / "Fire up the Quattro!" (DCI Gene Hunt, "Ashes to Ashes")

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

A friend told me that she and her husband watched a documentary on the Monuments Men last week through Netflix. It's called "The Rape of Europa". I don't get Netflix - ratz.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

sf2la wrote:A friend told me that she and her husband watched a documentary on the Monuments Men last week through Netflix. It's called "The Rape of Europa". I don't get Netflix - ratz.
http://www.therapeofeuropa.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rape_of_Europa

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Seems there is a lot of country hopping involved, but surely Germany will be on the plate.

bubita

Post by bubita »

The more I hear about the project the more I like it.
If this´s done right , could be epic.