Casting news-rumors

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Casting news-rumors

Post by Germangirl »

Well - who knew, it would happen so soon. Here we go. He starts filming March 1 in Europe and here are the facts:

http://www.deadline.com/2012/10/george- ... ments-men/
Last edited by Germangirl on Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:28 am, edited 4 times in total.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

WOW...great cast and crew as well.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

..and for the first time - apart from GC - he is a member of the cast and not alone responsible for the films success. Pretty much, what a lot of actors, who get praise these days, do. I am happy about this. And in Europe, maybe even partly in Germany. Its Hitlerish after all.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

"I'm excited about it," Clooney said to TheWrap in December. "It's a fun move because it could be big entertainment. It’s a big budget, you can’t do it small -- it’s landing in Normandy.”

Clooney told TheWrap that while "Monuments Men" would be commercial, it also "has something to say."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/2 ... ainment#sf
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Yay! Thanks for the scoop! Wasn't he photographed out with Clooney not too long ago?
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

bumblebee wrote:Yay! Thanks for the scoop! Wasn't he photographed out with Clooney not too long ago?
Plus there isn't going to be the big gap, we thought we were facing.

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

bumblebee wrote:Yay! Thanks for the scoop! Wasn't he photographed out with Clooney not too long ago?
Yeah, in London along with Rhys Ifans, in Feb I think.
caramel

Re: The Monuments Men

Post by caramel »

Germangirl wrote:Well - who knew, it would happen so soon. Here we go. He starts filming March 1 in Europe and here are the facts:

http://www.deadline.com/2012/10/george- ... ments-men/
I am happy he is going to do another movie and what a cast! :D :D
Glad to note the production date is all set. So far his name is not added to the movie in IMDb. But that should be rectified soon I guess.

A George Clooney directed movie . Hope it comes out just in time for 2014 award season.... JS
We should get more info on this soon and the char he gets to play.

:happyrunning:
caramel

Post by caramel »

Deadline confirm that Clooney will star in the film, with Blanchett, Murray and Dujardin all confirmed to be participating, while Daniel Craig, riding high with the international success of "Skyfall," is the highest-profile new name on board. Also joining them are "Argo" man John Goodman, "Downton Abbey"'s Earl of Grantham, Hugh Bonneville, and veteran character actor Bob Balaban. That's a pretty badass cast right there.

There's no exact word on who'll be playing who, but past rumors pegged Clooney as art conservationist George Stout, with Blanchett as a French resistance fighter. Paul Giamatti had been discussed as a potential to play New York City Ballet founder Leonard Kirstein, but seems to have fallen off; presumably Murray, Goodman or Balaban have stepped in to his place.

Fox and Sony are backing the film together, and Clooney's set to use most of the crew from "Argo," including composer Alexandre Desplat (who also scored the actor's last directorial outting, "The Ides Of March."
Filming will get underway in Europe on March 1st, so there's every chance that, if Clooney's speedy in the cutting room, that this could be a big Oscar player this time next year. And honestly, we can't wait.

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/ ... d-20121029
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Loving what I hear. So now just a tini little play in between and we are all set for 2013 :lol:

SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

Daniel's got a new job!!!!!!!!! :D :dance2:

This news has just made my day!!! :happyrunning:

It sounds like a good story. I hope Daniel has a lead role. Some women will be wetting themselves over the prospect of George Clooney and Daniel in the same movie.... personally, I can take George Clooney or leave him. He doesn't do much for me but I know he's a well respected actor! :wink:
Vynera

Post by Vynera »

I'm excited for Daniel too, and I believe it is a lead role considering he was listed right after Clooney :D Can't wait for more news on this!
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Its all over the tweets - so it seems a big deal. So .- he has much on his plate again:

- Skyfall being a hit
- various awards, I am sure of that, there will be nods
- the 11th November celebration
- a new film
- and probably lots, we don't know about :lol:

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Jana66

Post by Jana66 »

A new movie filming in Europe and Daniel will be in the movie :D :D :D !
That gives me hope, Mr Clooney wants to shoot parts of the movie...on location! I mean, Germany. Maybe they will look for extras in Germany? I have to keep an eye on it :D .