Spectre November 2015

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

I agree that Naomie wasn't great in her role as Eve... she was the weak link in the Skyfall story. On the other hand, I think a plummy accented British actress (like Rosamund Pike in Die Another Day) would be an even worse idea for Moneypenny.... Eon were right to try and steer clear of stereotypes.

I don't see it as a "failure" of Bond that M died in SF. Both Eon and Judi needed to move on to pastures new and it's not dramatic enough to have her simply retiring... how else were the writers going to 'phase her out'? Killing M off was the only way. The fact that this was going to happen was set up pretty early in the movie. I see the way it happened as being - M is in the shoot out at the lodge. If you remember her coming around the corner and firing a gun. The gun is shot out of her hand. Bond comes along and kills the gunman before he can do any more damage. He asks M 'Are you hurt?' She replies 'Only my pride. I never was a good shot!' THIS is when M receives her fatal injury but she is not even aware of it at the time. It may not have been a fatal injury if M had not had to struggle across the moors with Kincaid. I also think that the actions of Silva in the chapel hastened her end. If you remember him lifting her arms out ... I'm no doctor but maybe that does something to the blood flow and triggers some kind of pulmonary failure? So, it was not Bond's "fault" that M died. It was caused by a 'series of unfortunate incidents' that can happen in the heat of the moment in 'real life'. The point was, despite his best efforts, those he cares about can still be vulnerable. Presumably, now that Mr Fiennes is taking up the M mantle, we can have a tougher, spikier relationship between M and Bond as opposed to the softer mother / son relationship he had with Judi's M. This will be interesting to see. I like to think I can trust Eon to deliver the goods with the next Bond movie. I do not think it wise for them to think... "Well hey, Skyfall was so amazingly successful financially, let's just do exactly the same thing again!" They need to be brave and branch out again with Bond 24. It is going to be a hard task but Eon, Broccoli and Wilson should be up for that. The only thing they need to remember is - DO NOT REPLACE DANIEL! :wink: 8)

PS. From the time that CR began filming, they wanted to show Bond as someone OTHER than the all-conquering hero. They wanted to present the idea of an "ordinary man in extraordinary circumstances." He had to be vulnerable, although the scenes on his return from Turkey still make him look hot to my mind. (He wouldn't like that - the haggardness should work! :wink:) With Daniel playing the role, they can get the nuance they want because of his skills and subtleties as an actor.
Last edited by SmittenDramaKitten on Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vanquish

Post by Vanquish »

I love the fact that we got a backstory for Moneypenny. It would have been too easy to have her just sit behind a desk and have Bond meet her. After 10 years off the screen and a previous 20 appearances in the Bond film I like the fact that the producers took a risk in re-discovering who Moneypenny was.

I was a little sceptical about Harris at first but watching her in SF won me over. Her and Craig have great chemistry together and make a good team during SF. I'd hate to think that Harris would be relegated to a simple desk job after her work in SF. I for one want Moneypenny out in the field with 007.
CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

I watched the first half of SF this morning and Eve says her desk job is only temporary, while Mallory is overseeing the transition of M's retirement. So it's already been set up. I agree that I wouldn't like a Bond double-act, but I think they can do a lot more with the character than either the sexually frustrated secretary or the bad shot. I also like the chemistry when she shaves Bond.
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

SF in the morning....?!!!!!! I don't think I've ever watched a movie of Daniels in the morning.... it would feel too naughty and self indulgent. :wink: Was there any particular reason for this HLAJ? :)
CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

Little 'un was in school so I watched it while ironing, but had to stop when it was time to pick her up. So much more fun watching it alone, no one to laugh at me when I addressed the screen to say "Daniel, you are so f@#%ing gorgeous"! :lol:
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

A View to Achill: Film chiefs hunt Irish locations for new Bond movie

http://www.irishmirror.ie/whats-on/film ... ns-2278380
SilverDragon

Post by SilverDragon »

Sylvia's girl wrote:A View to Achill: Film chiefs hunt Irish locations for new Bond movie

:hyper: AAAAAHHHH I might get to see Daniel!!!!!!!!!!! :happyrunning:
Littlesue

Post by Littlesue »

They are mentioning the next Bond girls on MSN today and they have mentioned the ex Corrie Soap Star Helen Flannagan :shock: a complete and utter dimwit who probably would'nt know her own name on Mastermind. Hope they don't go for too young this time as Daniel will be an older looking mid 40's, don't want him looking like a dirty old man as Roger Moore did in his last few Bond films.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

LMcAree91 wrote:
Sylvia's girl wrote:A View to Achill: Film chiefs hunt Irish locations for new Bond movie

:hyper: AAAAAHHHH I might get to see Daniel!!!!!!!!!!! :happyrunning:
And to think that someone gets paid big bucks to scout locations. What a gig!
I hope you get to see him!! Just look for security; he's not far behind.
SilverDragon

Post by SilverDragon »

Littlesue wrote:They are mentioning the next Bond girls on MSN today and they have mentioned the ex Corrie Soap Star Helen Flannagan :shock: a complete and utter dimwit who probably would'nt know her own name on Mastermind. Hope they don't go for too young this time as Daniel will be an older looking mid 40's, don't want him looking like a dirty old man as Roger Moore did in his last few Bond films.
That girl gives me a headache! :roll: Prob not true anyway....hopefully.
CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

LMcAree91 wrote:
Littlesue wrote:They are mentioning the next Bond girls on MSN today and they have mentioned the ex Corrie Soap Star Helen Flannagan :shock: a complete and utter dimwit who probably would'nt know her own name on Mastermind. Hope they don't go for too young this time as Daniel will be an older looking mid 40's, don't want him looking like a dirty old man as Roger Moore did in his last few Bond films.
That girl gives me a headache! :roll: Prob not true anyway....hopefully.
I haven't watched Corrie for years, but this strikes me as a publicity stunt by her people to get her noticed, rather than a genuine "leak". Fingers crossed, anyway. I prefer Bond girls like Caterina Murino, Berenice Marlohe or Eva Green, who are beautiful but classy and look like they've had a bit of life experience...
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I am sure, he will be there - Jan 19th 14

http://www.deadline.com/2013/10/james-b ... ild-honor/
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Moving this from Kittens blog..
sf2la wrote:Didn't I hear that Bond will be released Nov 2014? Hey said that on the radio. I'm dealing with one DC event at a time. Betrayal now, Bond next.
Germangirl wrote:No, its 15 - sadly. He got lots of time to make a film in between.
sf2la wrote:
Germangirl wrote:No, its 15 - sadly. He got lots of time to make a film in between.
Or not :cry: .. Meaning he has the time, but will he?
Germangirl wrote:Yeah, that is the big question. He could just prepare quietly for Bond and that's it. I think, there is a chance for that, becauese we haven't heard anything, but then again - we have seen, that things can come out of the total blue with him. So I remain optimistic.
sf2la wrote:I would think that if he doesn't do something soon after the play, he won't. He's certainly not going to take time off from Bond to promote another movie.
He did for Tin Tin and Tattoo :wink: I still have hope. Mustn't be something huge. Something with a 3 months shoot or less...[/quote]
Hannah wrote: I wouldn't mind a low budget independent movie, but I guess that isn't very likely
Germangirl wrote:Not sure why not? Hand him the right script and he will do a film with a budget of a 100.000 :wink: I have a feeling, he might have changed from "I might have to" to "I really wanna do one again".
sf2la wrote:Well, I hope he does too. It seems that maybe now he'd rather shoot when Rachel is shooting because of the two Bonds ahead. Thing is, this play has to be exhausting and it's so repetitive. Night after night...I still can't understand why they enjoy that sort of thing, but I'm no actress.
Germangirl wrote: IMO NOW, that all is set in stone, its really easy work. Its short, if you only have one in the eve, you know, what you are doing and its not physically exhausting like a movie, maybe mentally - a bit. Why do they (all actors) enjoy it? I would think, that it is new every day, because the audience is always different. It stays interesting, because you have to catch them, draw them in day in, day out and that is what REAL actors are after. Well, in my book anyway :lol: Not counting those, who are only after the money.

Wasn't Rachel adapting something?
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

James Bond Settlement Sparks Blofeld Return Rumors

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/1 ... lp00000008
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

9 Lessons Bond 24 Must Learn From Skyfall

Read more at http://whatculture.com/film/9-lessons-b ... b6LH3bS.99