Spectre November 2015

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

Germangirl wrote:Interesting Q & A with Clooney, which gives good inside information.

http://deadline.com/2014/12/george-cloo ... 201329988/
Hmmmm... just read this. :brood: Isn't Bryan Lourd Daniel's agent in LA?
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

SmittenDramaKitten wrote:
Germangirl wrote:Interesting Q & A with Clooney, which gives good inside information.

yes. :)
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

SmittenDramaKitten wrote:

yes. :)
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Exclusive: Sony Emails Reveal Studio Head Wants Idris Elba For the Next James Bond
Leaked emails show Sony Pictures Entertainment co-chairman Amy Pascal confessing that the dashing Elba should be 007.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... +Articles)

Elba probably would make a decent Bond but he's aleady 42, don't they realise he'll be too old by the time Daniel's finished with it... :roll:
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

Nah........ Idris Elba is a cool guy and I know we're living in a racially equal society (sometimes) but a black Bond doesn't sit well with me... I'm not sure what BB thinks as its Amy Pascal's opinion. I just think Eon, Sony, whoever, are going to have hell's delight replacing Daniel when that time comes. Good luck to them, I say... :wink:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I dont like him. I doubt Barbara will go with him and yes, he is too old, but then, after Daniel, i dont care.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

SilverDragon

Post by SilverDragon »

Sony dont really have a say in it do they? Its all Babs and Michael? Well I dont mean to sound racist but Bond has never been described as a man of colour shall we say.
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

SilverDragon wrote:Sony dont really have a say in it do they? Its all Babs and Michael? Well I dont mean to sound racist but Bond has never been described as a man of colour shall we say.
Personally I think the gossip circuit takes a very bad situation and adds all sorts of gossip to a very serious issue. They love to create drama. It's their drug of choice.
George Clooney can do what ever he wants, who give a flying f&*k.
This is just my opinion
SilverDragon

Post by SilverDragon »

tbossmc2000 wrote:
SilverDragon wrote:Sony dont really have a say in it do they? Its all Babs and Michael? Well I dont mean to sound racist but Bond has never been described as a man of colour shall we say.
Personally I think the gossip circuit takes a very bad situation and adds all sorts of gossip to a very serious issue. They love to create drama. It's their drug of choice.
This is just my opinion
Very true.
Daniel_Craig

Post by Daniel_Craig »

Last edited by Daniel_Craig on Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

It was just a short sentence By Pascal. Sure, they discuss it (even though not at lenght apparantloy) and it doesn't mean one less for Daniel. But its all up to the success of the next - as it always was.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Vanquish

Post by Vanquish »

tbossmc2000 wrote:
This is just my opinion
Pascal was very invovled in Craig's casting back in 2005.

She had a very important vote along with the producers and Martin Campbell. Rumour has it Pascal only agreed to casting Daniel if a bigger name was sought to play Vesper, hence why Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron were approached before the part was eventually (and rightfully) awarded to Eva Green.

I actually like the idea of Elba as Bond. He's not a great actor and I feel there are better choices out there but Elba definitely has the look for sure.

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

He can wear a suit, but thats about it imo. The are many better looking black men out there. And why twist the character like this? Its nonsense...

Littlesue

Post by Littlesue »

He will be too old by the time Daniel steps down, they need a younger man to kick start it again.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Like you, GG, I couldn't care less who plays Bond after Daniel. I'm not even curious as to who that might be and won't be paying attention to any news that comes out about it. I'm a Dan fan, not a Bond fan.