Spectre November 2015

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Daniel_Craig

Post by Daniel_Craig » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:19 pm

Last edited by Daniel_Craig on Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FrenchCat

Post by FrenchCat » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:40 pm

I will see it at first screening at 23:59 with SDK and a friend of mine. We leave London on Tuesday, begining afternoon so it's the only moment we can see it. I just could not imagine going to the premiere seing the actors and not the movie ! And in France it will be out only on November 11th.
BTW, at what time will we know tomorrow ?
ImageImageImage

Daniel_Craig

Post by Daniel_Craig » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:11 pm

Last edited by Daniel_Craig on Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Littlesue

Post by Littlesue » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:43 am

Sam Smith tweeted that he is doing the Bond film, glad its him and not Ellie Goulding.

FrenchCat

Post by FrenchCat » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:14 am

He also just announced it on his Facebook page. Looking forward to hear the song !

ImageImageImage

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:14 am

It's now official..

SAM SMITH has recorded and co-written the title track, ‘Writing’s On The Wall’ for SPECTRE. The song will be available to purchase and stream on September 25.

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBond007GB?fref=nf

LONDON, September 8, 2015 – Albert R. Broccoli’s EON Productions, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios, and Sony Pictures Entertainment today confirmed that Sam Smith has recorded “Writing’s On The Wall,â€￾ the theme song to SPECTRE, the 24th James Bond adventure. SPECTRE will be released in the UK on October 26 and in the US on November 6. The song, released by Capitol Records, will debut and be available to purchase and stream on September 25.
Multi-platinum selling artist Sam Smith has co-written the title song, “Writing’s On The Wall,â€￾ with fellow GRAMMY® Award winner Jimmy Napes. It is the first James Bond theme song recorded by a British male solo artist since 1965. Smith’s debut album In The Lonely Hour launched at No. 1 in the UK and bowed in at No. 2 in the US, and has since earned five No.1 UK singles, four GRAMMY® Awards, three Brit Awards, six MOBO Awards, Q and AMA Awards.
Commenting on the announcement, Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli, the producers of SPECTRE, said, “Sam and Jimmy have written the most inspirational song for Spectre and with Sam’s extraordinary vocal performance, ‘Writing’s On The Wall’ will surely be considered one of the greatest Bond songs of all time.â€￾

Smith said: “This is one of the highlights of my career. I am honoured to finally announce that I will be singing the next Bond theme song. I am so excited to be a part of this iconic British legacy and join an incredible line up of some of my biggest musical inspirations. I hope you all enjoy the song as much as I enjoyed making it.â€￾
The 23 previous James Bond theme songs make up some of the most memorable movie music of all time. The previous Bond theme song, “Skyfall,â€￾ was performed by Adele, and was honored with the Academy Award® and Golden Globe Award for Best Original Song, the Brit Award for British Single of the Year, and the Grammy Award for Best Song Written for Visual Media.

http://www.thehollywoodnews.com/2015/09 ... me-071344/

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:18 am

FrenchCat wrote:
Germangirl wrote:Just read, there will be a huge premiere with main cast in zuerich. So now I know, which premiere I gonna be, since my son lives there. :D

He works for a bank, doing marketing. He says No, bit I still hope, he can get me to the after party or else.. sadly he just flew to Lisdabon. We'll see.
Cool ! So you will go to 2 premieres : London and Zurich ! :D
:lol: no, its definitely just Zuerich. Even of it Night be just for the RC, I will Do it together with my . :D

We did That for QOS, which was the one day, Daniel was sick with the flu. Can you imagine? But I have had a wonderful London experience and so it was somehow ok. Lets hope, we Are more Lucky this Time.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

FrenchCat

Post by FrenchCat » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:31 am

When is it in Zurich ?
ImageImageImage

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:38 am

27 :D

I will wasch the film only, If I can so both. Orherwise I will be fine with trying to See him :wink:
But lets See, whAt my son comes up with, If anything. I reminded him, that I gave ihm his life, so he owes me :rotfl:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

FrenchCat

Post by FrenchCat » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:44 am

Oh 27... if it was 2 or 3 days later maybe I would have join you !
Zurich is less than 3 hours of driving from me :) But I will come back from London in the afternoon of the 27 th
ImageImageImage

SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:50 pm

I forgot all about the announcement of the Bond Theme until I walked into a newsagent this morning and Paul McCartney's "Live and Let Die" was playing on the radio. Now THAT is a classic Bond theme!! 8) 8) Right up there at the top of my list. I am not sure about Sam Smith. I guess I will decide when I hear the song. It's so funny the way he has been denying it for MONTHS when everyone else was saying 'Yes, it's him'. His voice is a little too high pitched for my taste. Unlike my dear Matt B, he doesn't seem to have much vocal range between octaves. I always said I wanted a theme with more OOMPH, especially as SP is such a BIG movie. :wink:

Then again, the theme is only 4 minutes long so small in comparison to the movie. I wasn't sure about Adele's "Skyfall" until I saw the film and how it was married with the credits and I was like '...Wow!' :o

Daniel_Craig

Post by Daniel_Craig » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:32 pm

Last edited by Daniel_Craig on Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:33 pm

You don't know that yet. Give im a chance.

FrenchCat

Post by FrenchCat » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:37 pm

Yes give him a chance and wait to hear the song. The producers said :

Commenting on the announcement, Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli, the producers of SPECTRE, said, “Sam and Jimmy have written the most inspirational song for Spectre and with Sam’s extraordinary vocal performance, ‘Writing’s On The Wall’ will surely be considered one of the greatest Bond songs of all time.â€￾

And don't forget Daniel is co-producer so it is also a little bit his choice :) I'm confident and trust them to have made the best choice !

Daniel_Craig

Post by Daniel_Craig » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:37 pm

Last edited by Daniel_Craig on Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.