Spectre November 2015

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Seems the big question this film is asking is - whether or not Bond give it all up for love.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Germangirl wrote:Seems the big question this film is asking is - whether or not Bond give it all up for love.
The lyrics, courtesy of MI6

I've been here before
But always hit the floor
I've spent a lifetime running
And I always get away
But with you I'm feeling something
That makes me want to stay

I'm prepared for this
I never shoot to miss
But I feel like a storm is coming
If I'm gonna make it through the day
Then there's no use in running
This is something I gotta face

If I risk it all
Could you break my fall?

How do I live? How do I breathe?
When you're not here I'm suffocating
I want to feel love, run through my blood
Tell me is this where I give it all up?
For you I have to risk it all
Cause the writing's on the wall

A million shards of glass
That haunt me from my past
As the stars begin to gather
And the light begins to fade
When all hope begins to shatter
Know that I won't be afraid

If I risk it all
Could you break my fall?

The writing's on the wall

FrenchCat

Post by FrenchCat »

Love it ! Made me cry
ImageImageImage
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Good lyrics..sad and full of hope at the same time. As Bond seems to feel. Poor man, maybe he needs are break. He came close with Vesper, now there is another chance.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Hearing it now.

Can understand those, who are disappointed.

The orchestrial music is great, as are the lyrics, but Sam Smith isn't for me and the high pitched part is almost cringeworthy. It feels out of place and I guess, he just put it in to show, he can do it.

Its a bit boring, too.

I sure wished, I would feel different. :dunno:

danielcraigss

Post by danielcraigss »

AYAYAYA ITS ABOUT THE OTP!!!
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Its scewered on the net. Not such a good PR. Doesn't kill the film either, but I wished, it was liked a bit better. At least, people HATE it, maybe that's better then finding it ok. :lol: Some real emotion here.

They really should just use the orchestra for the titles. Those are wonderful and fitting for Bond. Sams voice just isn't. Too weak and after thinking about the text - it makes too much of a love sick weakling out of Bond, too. Plus there is more drama in it, then I suspect is in the film, which is said to be more humorous.

Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Germangirl wrote:Hearing it now.

Can understand those, who are disappointed.

The orchestrial music is great, as are the lyrics, but Sam Smith isn't for me and the high pitched part is almost cringeworthy. It feels out of place and I guess, he just put it in to show, he can do it.

Its a bit boring, too.

I sure wished, I would feel different. :dunno:
I just listened to it for the first time and wanted to write a short review for here, but you took the words right out of my mouth - great music, great lyrics, disappointing singing.
Angua

Post by Angua »

I listened to it several times now and OMG, I really dislike "Writing's on the Wall"!

The music and composition of instruments is good and interesting but the voice and performance of the vocals ... no way! It's boring, misses passion and the head-voice makes me cringe. I just don't 'feel' anything listening to it.
To me this is by far the worst Bond-theme ever. I will get me the instrumental version but the prospect of listening to this moaning and whining for the next weeks to come ... :?
bubita

Post by bubita »

I´ve listen to it like 3 times and is WOW!!! goose bumps and all. I think it´s amazing!!!
Can´t wait till November!!!!
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Bloody awful, I can't stand Sam Smith whining again, god man cheer up. I look forward to the live action sequence footage that goes with it, but this song is shit he sounds like a castrated goat. :lol:
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Sam Smith is being accused of ripping off Michael Jackson's Earth Song here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... ponse.html

Nothing new here, he had to pay out to Tom Petty for ripping off one of his songs.
Red-Snow

Post by Red-Snow »

I think my mistake with 'Writing's on the Wall' was listening to the preview. Because that was bloody fantastic ... it was all downhill from there, sadly :(

I am liking the song the more I listen to it, but I just see so much wasted potential in it. I really hope Thomas Newman uses some of the orchestral arrangements in the score.

Would love it if they released a non-lyric version at some point.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Would Love it, If they Used that Version instead.

Jana66

Post by Jana66 »

...maybe I am in a minority, but I will wait until I can hear and see it on the big screen.
I love the lyrics a lot (of course, I don't know...but reading this brings me back to CR and to Vesper. Maybe there will be something about it in Spectre.).