Spectre November 2015

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Daily Mail article works http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... aster.html

lucky tailor I would say :lol: he has to be shirtless when being measured, has he? :twisted:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
cassandra

Post by cassandra »

Daniel Craig in Mexico for Day of Dead Premiere of 'Spectre'

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2015/11 ... tml?_r=0[b][/b]
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

GG, I guess for me, we have endured a Daniel draught in film like never before. So FINALLY, HHH appears in a ovie that insists he be in shape and look good. Muscular. Cut. in Skyfall, at least we got those couple scenes - the pool and the bathroom in from of the mirror. The stills that came from those clips were even better. That perfect peach of his pfa and muscular back shot from behind on the edge of the pool. We got crumbs at least. Nice crumbs. But who would think they would completely leave out the most beautiful part of the series - it's not the Bond girls, it's his body! The very beginning title scene of shirtless Daniel is worthless, IMO. A blink of a token. So yeah, I'm bummed by it. As was said, no doubt the 'girls' got some steamy scenes with him, but someone decided to cut them out. If it was him...With forethought, it would have been possible to have him shirtless and not be in a sexual encounter. Don't they realize that there are women who will pay to see that? And pay more than once?

Too bad it's Bond, especially this one, where the cost of production may have forced them to open it up to a younger age group to make up
the money? Idk. Lots of violence though. I don't really care if the movie makes a ton of money. I'm not concerned about Daniel's bank account. He's way more than just fine financially, and he gets paid no matter what. I only care about the movie's success because he and the others put so much into it, and they all want people to love it, of course.

I just wish I had known that his body would be the drought before going in. I had reasonable expectations that weren't met and felt cheated by the trailers that implied we'd feel some sexual heat.

Oh well, I think I'll like it better the second time, with totally different expectations. Again, my favorite part of the entire Spectre experience was seeing his and Rachel's loving and happy interaction at the Lindon premiere. The holding of hands behind his back, the introduction of Rachel to Harry, her beaming smile and bear hug, and his holding her head for the kiss. That spoke volumes and was such a manly, in-charge, in-love move.

I know - my priorities are in the wrong places!!
:lol: :lol:

I can't wait for your review, GG. Everyone else's too!!!
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

The reviews should start coming in now from the US.
I hope they are kind, it's now down to 72 on RT, I would hate it to drop any lower.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

You can say that again.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

What was it after the critics saw it before the release? Do you recall what's been the highest Users' score?
cassandra

Post by cassandra »

I have just taken a peek at Rotten Tomatoes and now wish I hadn't. It's down to 65%. There's been a recent wave of negative reviews.
Last edited by cassandra on Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
caramel

Post by caramel »

A Eulogy for Daniel Craig's 007, the Best Bond Ever

How Spectre (likely) ends a franchise run that defined a generation

http://www.esquire.com/entertainment/mo ... ames-bond/
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

cassandra wrote:I have just taken a peak at Rotten Tomatoes and now wish I hadn't. It's down to 65%. There's been a recent wave of negative reviews.
I know, that's as low as QoS!
cassandra

Post by cassandra »

Sylvia's girl wrote:
cassandra wrote:I have just taken a peek at Rotten Tomatoes and now wish I hadn't. It's down to 65%. There's been a recent wave of negative reviews.
I know, that's as low as QoS!
Let's hope it receives some love from the US critics, and more importantly from the movie-going public.
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

caramel wrote:A Eulogy for Daniel Craig's 007, the Best Bond Ever

Great article caramel, love this:

Then came Daniel Craig. He kept all the Bond clichés in place while utterly reinventing all of them; he played Bond as a real character rather than as a cipher for adventure. He refused to take the man as a joke but was willing to laugh at him nonetheless; he helped create a kinder, more thoughtful Bond, who listens when women speak, but also a more dangerous and more selfish Bond, who knows he prefers adultery to sex with available women. You can sense the desperation in this 007. Self-consciously traditional, he believes in the decrepit loyalties to Britain but at the same time feels betrayed by his country and its institutions. In short, Craig is the PTSD Bond. He is the Bond for an era in which a million and a half American men and women, and a significant number of British and Canadian and Australian men and women, have been fighting actual shadow wars against actual madmen with actual dreams of global domination, and have drifted home from their encounters in various states of brokenness.

The fantasy of the Craig Bond is the existence of a real person behind the cloak of heroism—he is the Bond who has been willing to show his suffering and failure. Craig comes the closest, of all the film versions, to the Bond in the books—a character who emerged from deprivation and the enduring sacrifices of war. He has perfectly represented the past decade and the original story simultaneously. If he's not the greatest Bond, it's only because he wasn't the first.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Wow. What a flattering article from a much-respected source. At least he's done his part. Thanks for posting.
cornell01

Post by cornell01 »

Thanks for sharing this, caramel!
I echo sf2la - Wow!
It puts a lot of pressure on the actor to follow DC (whenever that may be) in the role. He needs to characterize not only Bond, but the whole current generation of manhood.
caramel

Post by caramel »

TimeOut Interview USA version ( I think )

You play the ultimate British character, but you’re a New Yorker now. So why did you move to the city?
Life. It’s where my wife is. I’d lived in London most of my life and love it very much, but it was a chance to go on a new adventure. I’ve got a real connection to New York. I think I first came for the premiere of Road to Perdition back in 2002. I just remember it being incredibly hot, in that way that only New York can be, and wearing a wool suit on the red carpet.

Do you find New Yorkers rude?

No, New York isn’t rude anymore. When I first used to go to New York, people would shout at you across the street—in the nicest fucking way possible. Or you’d walk down the street and people would confront you. And that’s fucking gone now. Is it a good thing? It’s a debate. When a New Yorker did confront you or was rude to you in that way and you were rude back, they usually looked at you in a different way, like, Oh, okay! New York’s not the same as it was. But there are pockets of craziness. Down on the Lower East Side, you can find some pockets of craziness.

Has living in New York changed you at all?

It took me 10 years to adapt to living in London after I moved from Liverpool at 17 to join the National Youth Theatre. I think New York will take about the same, and I’ve only been here a few years. I really miss it when I’m away, because it’s home, it’s where my base is, and all my stuff’s there. But I think it will take me a while. As much as I think I know where things are in Manhattan, I get lost.

http://www.timeout.com/usa/movies/danie ... bond-movie
caramel

Post by caramel »

Actor Daniel Craig welcomed to Mexico City as distinguished guest

http://www.eleconomistaamerica.com/cine ... um=twitter