Spectre November 2015

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Maybelline

Post by Maybelline »

honeyjes wrote:He does have his own signature as outlined below, it's just not so glaringly obvious and in your face. Have a read courtesy of MI6, I found the article and discussion really interesting, insightful and perhaps highlights why Skyfall is so successful as a lot of things are rather subliminal. Enjoy.

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p ... skyfall/p1
honeyjes wrote:Describing Skyfall as too talky is more reflective of how the narrative in filming has action supplanting the need to listen and think much has txt spk is dumbing down our vocabulary and intelligent communication. Skyfall has deviated from that and enough people seem to have embraced the change from the flood of mind numbing entertainment.
re: first quote
I'm still not sold he has a signature. Couldn't seperate Mendes from Hooper or other directors. What the fan describes in your link do a lot of other directors too.

re: second quote
I would be okay with the amount of dialogue in Skyfall when the content of the dialogue would have been more interesting. BTW I'm not a fan of action movies and I prefer drama. Much dialogue in general is really not the problem.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/03/09/s ... -24-update

Bond 24 to explore Bond's human sideQuote:
Expect James Bond 24 to adhere to the sort of exploration of 007's emotional character that Skyfall embraced.

Skyfall screenwriter John Logan wouldn't divulge plot details about the next Bond movie he's writing, but he did tell The Financial Times the sequel will once again lean on Bond creator Ian Fleming's more human interpretation of the character.

“Fleming’s courage in showing Bond’s fear and vulnerability and depression was really interesting and something that a modern audience can accept,” said Logan. “I think Skyfall demonstrated that they want more layers to that character. And those are the layers that Fleming wrote.”

Logan is reuniting with Skyfall cast members Judi Dench and Ben Whishaw for his new play Peter and Alice, which opens this month in London's West End. The play chronicles a real-life meeting between Alice Liddell Hargreaves and Peter Llewellyn Davies, the respective inspirations for Alice in Wonderland and Peter Pan.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Tuulia

Post by Tuulia »

...and from that Financial Times article:
...his first film was 1999’s Any Given Sunday, directed by Oliver Stone. There was, he says, a steep learning curve.
“I’d written a speech and he [Stone] said, ‘Al Pacino could give you that speech in a look.’ And he was absolutely right. Part of my education was realising when to let the actor, the cinematographer and the director do the job. Ingmar Bergman said ‘build your films on faces’, and that’s exactly what movies can do. You don’t need a lot when you have Daniel Craig’s eyes.
:P
http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/2/1c359f20 ... z2N2uKKfci
SilverDragon

Post by SilverDragon »

Germangirl wrote:http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/03/09/s ... -24-update

Expect James Bond 24 to adhere to the sort of exploration of 007's emotional character that Skyfall embraced.

Skyfall screenwriter John Logan wouldn't divulge plot details about the next Bond movie he's writing, but he did tell The Financial Times the sequel will once again lean on Bond creator Ian Fleming's more human interpretation of the character.

“Fleming’s courage in showing Bond’s fear and vulnerability and depression was really interesting and something that a modern audience can accept,” said Logan. “I think Skyfall demonstrated that they want more layers to that character. And those are the layers that Fleming wrote.”

Logan is reuniting with Skyfall cast members Judi Dench and Ben Whishaw for his new play Peter and Alice, which opens this month in London's West End. The play chronicles a real-life meeting between Alice Liddell Hargreaves and Peter Llewellyn Davies, the respective inspirations for Alice in Wonderland and Peter Pan.
Sounds great! Love seeing that side of Bond :D
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

LMcAree91 wrote:

Can we please have some more lady action too. I don't want to have to pause a "blink or you'll miss it" sex/love scene for the rest of his days as Bond. Please Babs please!
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Ridley Scott - now you're talking. :thumbup:
tampa

Post by tampa »

bumblebee wrote:
LMcAree91 wrote:

Can we please have some more lady action too. I don't want to have to pause a "blink or you'll miss it" sex/love scene for the rest of his days as Bond. Please Babs please!
I have lots of reservations about Logan as a single Bond screen writer. I don't think he is known for ever writing interesting women in his scripts and the Bond/Bond girl storyline in SF was almost non existent. Severene's role should have been larger. CR is still my favorite Bond film by far, Vesper was a great Bond girl and CR's Bond was just the right mix of tough and vulnerable. I don't think Bond fans are are going to be too happy with Logan's take of a still more tortured, sensitive, vulnerable Bond either. I think he's wrong to think that the appeal of Bond's tough guy, lady killer persona is all that flexible. There was lots of reasons for SF's success and his contributions were not as great as he thinks they were.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I also believe, people are eady for some more "normal" Bond. DC Bond will always have that extra bit of layer to him, but they shouldn*t overdue it with the next.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

tampa / GG - :stick_iagree:
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

:stick_iagree: too. The skill of Daniels acting talents mean that writers may want to "probe" more deeply into the characters pysche. But Bond is Bond. They shouldn't try and turn him into some kind of existentially tortured warrior. :wink:
Littlesue

Post by Littlesue »

Is'nt Logan gay?? probably no idea how to write woman on man romance :D
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Littlesue wrote:Is'nt Logan gay?? probably no idea how to write woman on man romance :D
He is? Never heard that before. But in the end, love is love.

Tuulia

Post by Tuulia »

Yes, he is, but indeed love is love... and desire is desire (more likely to occur in a Bond movie ;) ), so ultimately what matters is a good writer (and Logan is) and the actors... and obviously the director. I would also appreciate some more proper action on that area - indeed more than the blink and miss stuff. Not that I was blinking, but... seriously, there was hardly enough time to start drooling... :P
Last edited by Tuulia on Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

^ yeah, but if he isn't turned on by hetero sex and doesn't have Babs cracking he whip I Ed him to write it in, maybe we'll be ripped off like in SF. Dayam! He had he ultimate body and we really never got to see it. The sexiest scene was with Silva!