Spectre November 2015

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Well said Naomie!

Bond star plays down Craig quit quote

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-34514701

Daniel Craig was "just being sarcastic" when he said he wanted to "move on" from playing James Bond, according to his co-star Naomie Harris.
"Daniel lives and breathes Bond," said the actress, who will reprise her role as Moneypenny in the new film Spectre, which comes out later this month.
Time Out magazine recently quoted Craig as saying he would "rather slash [his] wrists" than make a fifth Bond film.
Harris, though, said the actor's words had been "blown out of proportion".
"It was not as he intended it," she told BBC News, claiming her co-star's "sense of humour… doesn't come across particularly well in print".
Speaking at a promotional event for technology that features in Sam Mendes' film, she continued: "He's so dedicated to his craft and he loves playing Bond.
"It's easy to take something that someone says in passing and blow it completely out of proportion. I think that's what's happened here, so I don't really believe those comments at all."
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

He needs more help like this. From others, who are not in Spectre.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

SilverDragon

Post by SilverDragon »

Good girl Naomi...I feel relieved :)
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

More from Naomie

Naomie Harris today said she does not believe “for a secondâ€￾ that her co-star Daniel Craig is ready to hang up his tuxedo as James Bond — despite his dramatic claims to the contrary.

The actress, who plays Eve Moneypenny in the franchise, spoke out after Craig, 47, claimed he would rather “slash his wristsâ€￾ with broken glass than make another 007 film after his latest outing in Spectre.

Harris, who called the actor the “ultimate Bondâ€￾, said he had been joking because of the physical toll involved in filming the action movies.

Calling it “a sarcastic remarkâ€￾, she added: “To say that he doesn’t want to come back — I just don’t believe it for a second.
“It’s been blown completely out of proportion. Daniel worked 128 days on this movie and he works incredibly hard.â€￾

Hollywood sources have claimed the Spectre shoot was “very difficultâ€￾. Craig needed surgery after injuring his leg while filming action scenes in the Austrian Alps.

Harris, 39, said: “He injured himself on the movie and came straight back after the operation and worked despite being in pain. He continued to do his stunts, despite his pain.

“I’ve seen him work 15-hour days and then come back and train for two hours. He does all of his own stunts unless the insurance won’t allow it.â€￾

Craig reprises his role as the spy for the fourth time in Spectre, which also stars Ralph Fiennes and Monica Bellucci.

When asked last week if he would return for a fifth film, he told Time Out: “I’d rather break the glass and slash my wrists. I’m over it at the moment. We’re done. All I want to do is move on.â€￾

But Harris, who was born in north London, added: “In terms of who will be the next Bond — I really believe he is the ultimate one and I’m excited to work with him on the next Bond as he is the best.â€￾

Harris spoke at a party at the Mondrian Hotel on the South Bank to launch Sony’s “Made for Bondâ€￾ range of gadgets, including a RX100 IV digital camera and Xperia Z5 smartphone.

The actress joked: “I think Moneypenny is very good with gadgets but Naomie Harris is not so good — needs a bit of work. But with the guns I was very proficient. Actually my trainer said I was one of the best.

“I did Miami Vice and got gun training and went out with undercover agents and trained with them.â€￾

http://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/celeb ... 88961.html
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Sylvia's girl wrote:Interesting debate from 6.54.

http://www.hitfix.com/the-dartboard/ant ... emonium-10
I want this guy interwieving Daniel :wink:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

I'm so glad that Naomie has stepped up in defending Daniel on all this press bullshit. :D

Someone at work presented me with another newspaper article (it was in the 'I' paper) that was once again bashing him. Quite honestly, I'm getting really angry and upset about this. :evil: :( It amounts to bullying and, having been the recipient of this myself, I know how horrible it can be...

...But I know Daniel is pretty tough (although he denies it) and I have every hope he will 'bounce' back pretty quickly. Besides, when we have new members (Hi Mesmerized and Invictus! :wave:) he's gotta be doing something right. Invictus hit the nail on the head in saying that those who love him will defend him and those who don't can get stuffed...! :wink:
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

BBC Radio 5 live’s Kermode and Mayo’s Film Review is to broadcast live from the Empire in Leicester Square.

The UK’s biggest film show is making the West End its home on 23rd October and the ballot to be in the audience has just opened at 3pm.

Simon Mayo and Mark Kermode will be joined by special guest, Director Sam Mendes who will be giving them the lowdown on his latest Bond movie Spectre ahead of its cinema release.

http://radiotoday.co.uk/2015/09/kermode ... er-square/
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

The London SPECTRE press screening takes place a week today, Wednesday 21st. No word on embargoes so fingers crossed reviews will surface around then.

The first words of review on the film will be the most important. If they are good and great, we can relax, if not, we might as well give up hoping.

If they keep up the No Embarfgo, its a good sign. lets hope.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

So, it's definitely the 21st?
Is that not just speculation on MI6?

Oh, I've just remembered that Chris Evans said so. :wink:
SmittenDramaKitten

But even with press reviews they can't say too much can they? People have got to keep schtum about plot points right up until global release I'd say... :silence:

I mean, I will be seeing the movie before 6 November and it is going to be very hard to not say too much and spoil it for others. :blush:

I am pretty optimistic about press reviews and you know I'm not normally an optimistic person. :wink: :oops:
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Good Morning Britain celebrates the return of Britain's favourite secret agent with our James Bond season.

It's an explosive season of behind-the-scenes exclusives, Spectre stars and surprises for your eyes only... we'll leave you shaken and stirred from Thursday 15 October!

http://www.itv.com/goodmorningbritain/entertainment
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Tomorrow. And we cannot see it :(

Massive news: Classic FM will air the score (unknown how much of it through) tomorrow 10:30am
http://www.classicfm.com/composers/newm ... oundtrack/

People outside the UK can listen to it via the website if you use Google Chrome and download the Hola extension.

MI6

SmittenDramaKitten

I'm in the UK and I won't be able to watch GMB. Alas, I have to be getting in to work and I can't 'dilly dally'.... If I KNEW what time the thing would be broadcast then I could try and plan to be in.... but it's still a long shot. Let's hope the clips will be available on-line. :)

Thomas Newman is doing the soundtrack, yes? :)
IMO, that's a bit 'spoiler-y' because the score gives away the emotions in the film... even without accompanying pics.