Spectre November 2015

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Tuulia

Post by Tuulia »

It was indeed. :drool: That was a bit short, too *sigh* - just over a minute - but at least it wasn't blink and miss. Also it was hot for being unexpected and unusual for several reasons - the all-male aspect being just one of those. There was the whole situation, Bond being harassed and defenseless (sorry for being a perv, I know being harassed isn't actually acceptable, ever, nor sexy, but...), and the amazing tenderness of it - I'm still :thud: about that.

It takes a good writer, good actors and good director to pull it off successfully , and we had that in SF, but that scene could have been really, really bad in worse hands. It's not about gay vs. hetero, really. The Bond w women scenes could have been way hotter had they not been so damned short, but ultimately that's up to the director, no? And look at QOS - not much drool-wise, either.
Last edited by Tuulia on Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

One wonders why? Just to make Judi the ultimate Bond girl in her last film? A bit of a waste really. Why did they cut the mirror picture short in the film? We know, it exists through the pic, but it was just half of his upper body on sceen. :evil: And that scene is so hot or the body is rather.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Tuulia

Post by Tuulia »

^^ Ummm... I may have missed the extended mirror bit. :? Help?
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Tuulia, have you been through the screen caps? Good stuff there.

Tuulia

Post by Tuulia »

Nice. :P

No I haven't. Only 24 hours a day. I will tho, I will...

Well, here's an idea: maybe we need a sensible straight female or gay male director then? ;) By "sensible" I mean with good taste - in other words finds Daniel drool-worthy - plus who is willing to show us what we want. Not that I wish to objectify the poor fella, O:) but, but... :D
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Yeah, but... :twisted: You can't avoid it totally :mrgreen:

I haven't seen any of Bigelows films. Would she be a good choice? I thought, she might be terrific for Tattoo.

Tuulia

Post by Tuulia »

I haven't seen any of her films, either, and don't know anything about her or what she thinks of Bond. :dunno:
Littlesue

Post by Littlesue »

I see in an interview with Barbara she has suggested that they are going to talk to Cate Blanchett to sign up for the next 3 films. She feels its time Bond grew up and settled down a bit. Can't say I would be keen on that idea :?
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

I read that on IMDB too, not sure it's just that guy trolling (he dislikes Skyfall). The interview is said to be in the Sunday Times, but it wasn't (at least not online)

And it sounds very fake:
BB: Well I think action films have had their day. They are all doing badly, just look at Die Hard. Audiences want a mythology, they want characters with depth and relationships, they don't want shoot-outs. They are part and parcel of Bond, but we have to move away from action setpieces and look at integrating action into the story. We will be definitely focusing on the drama more, it's clear from the box office it's what the fans want from a modern Bond film.

J: I suppose audiences have diversified too?

BB: Yes, exactly. Female cinema-goers now outnumber male ones, and James Bond has many female fans. My father couldn't see past large breasts and long legs, but we have no choice now. Women must be a functional part of the drama.

J: This is what Sam Mendes did with Judi Dench isn't it?

BB: Yes, and while she is a nice looking lady, she was there for her acting ability, not her looks.
Can you really imagine BB talking like that about her father or Judi Dench?
She may think that, but I'm sure she would use different words to describe that the female characters have changed a lot in the last 50 years.
J: It sounds fantastic, thankyou for speaking to us. I'm sure the next one will make a billion too.

BB: Oh, 2 billion at least. It's been a pleasure.
:lol: no word needed. After the tremendous success of Skyfall and knowing that the next director will have very big shoes to fill after Mendes, I'm pretty sure BB would announce the aim of 2 bills in an interview (NOT! )

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

The first part sounds ok, but the rest, as you say, goes versus rubbish. Babs has style in truckloads and this is has not.

bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Cat Blanchett? Settling down? Oh my God!
Littlesue

Post by Littlesue »

:D Can you see him doing the dinner with his pinny on!!!
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

IMO, the reason why Daniel's Bond movies have not been particularly overt in terms of the sex scenes is because the producers want to keep the 'family orientated' 12a cert. Going to see a Bond movie has always been something the entire family did together. I remember my Dad taking me to see the Roger Moore Bonds and I went with both parents to see "Goldeneye" and "Tomorrow Never Dies". Also, maybe times were different back when Roger and Pierce were doing Bond?! BUT there also seems to be a bit of a hypocritical thing going on here, in as much that it has seemed OK for a woman to be wearing very little in a Bond movie but Bond himself??? Daniel has changed all that to a degree. The producers and the directors know that Daniel looks amazing and they have to include him without shirt where they can. I suppose another problem may be, in which scene does Daniel go shirtless?? It has to fit in with the story and not seem gratuitous. I'm happy for Daniel to go without clothes as many times as he is comfortable doing so... :twisted: but if someone wants to see him completely naked, I would direct them to 'Flashbacks' rather than any Bond. :drool:

He didn't do much 'raunch' in CR either did he??!! :roll: :wink:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

They could certainly ADD some sex scenes without overdoing it. Its times again. Our man has a difficult times preserving THAT body by now, so - for f***' sake, use it. SHOW it!