Betrayal - Bye, Bye...

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

So here is something for our amusement. Since this place seems to belong to us right now anyway, we might as well just do what we want :twisted: :twisted: :tongue:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byku-4Sl4zE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_a6RjR_AHY
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

cassandra

Post by cassandra »

Further to my last post about Dominic Maxwell's article in today's Times, I should add this:

The article heading reads,
'They can shut down services, but they can't dim the lights on Broadway'. It's boom time on Broadway reports Dominic Maxwell - Daniel Craig is perfect in Pinter and A Glass Menagerie thrills.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

cassandra wrote:Further to my last post about Dominic Maxwell's article in today's Times, I should add this:

'They can shut down services, but they can't dim the lights on Broadway'. It's boom time on Broadway reports Dominic Maxwell - Daniel Craig is perfect in Pinter and A Glass Menagerie thrills.
Thanks, I wished, he was a New Yorker critic. But since he is new in this particular position, he wouldn't want those to call him stupid with bad reviews. So - he really means it :D
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

cassandra

Post by cassandra »

Germangirl wrote:
cassandra wrote:Further to my last post about Dominic Maxwell's article in today's Times, I should add this:

Thanks, I wished, he was a New Yorker critic. But since he is new in this particular position, he wouldn't want those to call him stupid with bad reviews. So - he really means it :D
Dominic Maxwell is the new chief critic for The Times, but he is an experienced critic who has been writing about theatre and comedy for the paper since 2005.

I forgot to add that there is a small colour pic of Daniel and Rachel on the front page, immediately under the paper's title, with the caption 'Bond on Broadway - Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz play Pinter'. Also there is a large picture on the cover of the arts supplement. So they have had good coverage in the paper.
Last edited by cassandra on Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Even better. So his voice has some sound to it.

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Me - at the hotel again with too much time on my hands

From our Vesper. She should come here and tell US :wink:

Vanessa aka Khan @HysteriaUno 5d
Basically seeing photos of Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz on stage makes me really, really proud and happy.

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Julia Flynn Siler ‏@juliefsnet 5h
#betrayal#007#danielcraig#broadway...standing ovation at preview performance in NYC tonight.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

After all the fear surrounding this play in Danworld, its so good to hear, that we can hopefully expect good reviews now, maybe excellent.

Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

wow cassandra
huge thanks
that was glorious!

gah gah it went up up up! super excited for him & everyone!
caramel

Post by caramel »

Good to read all the positive comments and tweets about the play. Thanks for posting SG, Cass and GG.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

How cool is that?! I bet they are sleeping much better now. Nichols must be doing what he's known for.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Germangirl wrote:
sf2la wrote:How cool is that?! I bet they are sleeping much better now. Nichols must be doing what he's known for.
You think so? What IS he known for? I believe in a way, there is not so much anyone can do when an actor doesn't FEEL the role. Good the first reactions were so lukewarm for him, so he knew, he better get his act together and be BETTER. Obviously he is now :D I believe that critic.
Oh, I absolutely credit Nichols. Obviously, all 3 actors are great, but Nichols is the one who's telling them what to change, how to say things differently, etc. He's seeing it from the audience's perspective, the actors aren't necessarily doing that. A good director knows what to do with the actors. They depend on him. He can't make a soufflé with bad eggs, but he can take a great talent, the ingredients, and change up the recipe to make something magnificent.
Last edited by sf2la on Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cassandra

Post by cassandra »

Nick Kleiner ‏@Kleinehhh 4m
Betrayal on Broadway was awesome! Daniel Craig & Rachel Weisz did a great job translating from big screen to stage pic.twitter.com/wBMzukpnT4
cassandra

Post by cassandra »

sf2la wrote:
Germangirl wrote:
sf2la wrote:How cool is that?! I bet they are sleeping much better now. Nichols must be doing what he's known for.
You think so? What IS he known for? I believe in a way, there is not so much anyone can do when an actor doesn't FEEL the role. Good the first reactions were so lukewarm for him, so he knew, he better get his act together and be BETTER. Obviously he is now :D I believe that critic.
Oh, I absolutely credit Nichols. Obviously, all 3 actors are great, but Nichols is the one who's telling them what to change, how to say things differently, etc. he's seeing it from the audience's perspective, the actors weeny necessarily doing that. A good director knows what to do with the actors. They depend on him. He can't make a soufflé with bad eggs, but he can take a great talent, the ingredients, and change up the recipe to make something magnificent.
There's a good interview with Mike Nichols here:
http://www.wnyc.org/story/mike-nichols-betrayal/
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

sf2la wrote:
Germangirl wrote:
Oh, I absolutely credit Nichols. Obviously, all 3 actors are great, but Nichols is the one who's telling them what to change, how to say things differently, etc. he's seeing it from the audience's perspective, the actors weeny necessarily doing that. A good director knows what to do with the actors. They depend on him. He can't make a soufflé with bad eggs, but he can take a great talent, the ingredients, and change up the recipe to make something magnificent.
OK, I understand that. Particularly, that he needs to sit WITH an audience to maybe see, what he overlooked before or thought WOULD work and didn't.