Betrayal - Bye, Bye...

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Corellianjedi2 wrote:
sf2la wrote:But Rafe stuck around to the bitter end it seemed. D&R left at 10.

They all go off to a private venue to wait for the reviews to come in. They are definitely celebrating!!!!!
Daniel/Rachel left only about 30 mins before Rafe. Mike/Diane left with them. Rafe had quite a group with him.
Yes, Mike was with D&R as they were working their way to the exit. people kept coming up to Daniel though, which he seemed very happy about. The waiter introduced his friend, a woman, to Daniel, that Sir Ian came up (big hug between them, etc. Rafe was alll over the place, and yeah, with a group of about five people. Didn't Daniel look hot?
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Reviews im stage thread, for those who are not tast familiar with the forum. :wink:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

@sf - all this sounds wonderful. Thanks for sharing :D So pleased reading about the love and applause he/they got. That was quite the gathering. WOW...even Miss Wintour :lol:

@Elisa - did you make a vid or take pics? Could you post. I fear, otherwise, there might not be that much with no RC and no press conference. What were they thinking? No shows to attend? Oh yes - we are sold out, why would we? :lol:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

NOW I wonder, how they gonna do the Broadway cares thing. Probably Playbills and Meet and Greet. He knows, how to aucxtion now. Hugh was a good teacher :lol:

But I think, the Meet and Greet for ASR was just a fixed price of 2000,- or so, if I remember right. So, he might not have to auction. Just do it :wink:

Also - do they have today off?

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Thanks Elisa and sf. :D
sf you lucky girl. You kept that quiet!
You actually got to chat with DC? How did you feel?
What an experience! :D
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

‘Betrayal’ hotshot speaks to me
Ethel Barrymore Theatre. “Betrayal.” [Reviewed in Pulse, Page 30.] Harold Pinter, playwright. Mike Nichols, director. Daniel Craig and the missus Rachel Weisz, stars. So hot that one night before it opened waiting theatergoers lined the block. Opening night celebs that shows often invite free paid $500 per. Two seats — $1,000. No discounts.
As Saturday night’s performance ended, standing alone at the head of the aisle — Mike Nichols. “This production was a very long time coming together. Didn’t just come about the last minute. First the idea then a reading, then workshop, then we dropped it a while then we picked it up again. Like many plays I’ve done, things just take a long time.”
As the audience filed out behind him, I left hotshot Nichols standing there. Grinning like a Cheshire.

http://pagesix.com/2013/10/27/big-mouth ... our-again/
Jana66

Post by Jana66 »

@sf2la, WOW, that is great! You went to the after party.
Things like this will never happen too me...I stay one of millions of unseen "grey mice" :wink: .
Vanquish

Post by Vanquish »

Has there been no press launch or photos? I thought there usually was on opening night?
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Yes usuallyv:( maybe tbey will do a show, but I believe nothing is lined up either. Bit of a cheat really. But then, they dont need to. Some pics will emerge though.

Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

wow thanks Elisa & sf2la!!!
you're soo lucky!

so many awesome ppl attended! Sir Ian! Sam! Spielberg! my bb Rose Byrne! & all of them saw & admired our Daniel! :adore:
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Daniel Craig - Daniel Craig And Rachel Weisz Are A Hit In Broadway Play
http://www.contactmusic.com/story/danie ... ay_3926305
Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

These links are just place holders, since the episode I just watched, has not yet been posted. And I did not want to forget and not share.

http://www.theatertalk.org/
http://www.theatertalk.org/fall-2013-season-preview/

I only caught the tale end of the discussion about Betrayal, and will miss the reruns, so I went looking for the entire episode.

I found their comments about the audience rather telling, that sometimes professional critics, just don't get it.
Crazy!
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

sf2la you lucky BITCH!! :lol:

Thank you very, very much for your report. It felt almost like being there :wink:

(naaaa, not really but it turned my skin into a LOVELY green :twisted: )

Elaine, FSG and me will see it on 21th October from the FRONT row! YEAH!

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
caramel

Post by caramel »

Dunda wrote:sf2la you lucky BITCH!! :lol:

Thank you very, very much for your report. It felt almost like being there :wink:

You need a time machine for that I am afraid :lol:
Good luck and ENJOY!
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

caramel wrote:
Dunda wrote:sf2la you lucky BITCH!! :lol:

You need a time machine for that I am afraid :lol:
Good luck and ENJOY!
:lol: :lol: :lol: of course I mean November :lol: :lol:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com