Betrayal - Bye, Bye...

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

Dunda wrote:
caramel wrote:
Dunda wrote:sf2la you lucky BITCH!! :lol:

Thank you very, very much for your report. It felt almost like being there :wink:

(naaaa, not really but it turned my skin into a LOVELY green :twisted: )

Elaine, FSG and me will see it on 21th October from the FRONT row! YEAH!
You need a time machine for that I am afraid :lol:
Good luck and ENJOY!
:lol: :lol: :lol: of course I mean November :lol: :lol:
SF! What a great treat. Sounds like you enjoyed every minute. I'm glad for that.

And looking forward to D & FSGs visit next month. Kind of counting the days.
Crazy!
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Elaine_Figgis wrote:
Dunda wrote:
caramel wrote: You need a time machine for that I am afraid :lol:
Good luck and ENJOY!
:lol: :lol: :lol: of course I mean November :lol: :lol:
SF! What a great treat. Sounds like you enjoyed every minute. I'm glad for that.

And looking forward to D & FSGs visit next month. Kind of counting the days.
Thanks, yes it was an awesome evening. You all are going to have SO MUCH FUN!!!! I'm green with envy that you all get to see it together. One tip - when you stage door, split up and stand in different locations on opposite sides. That way you'll have multiple angles and chances for some good photos.
Corellianjedi2

Post by Corellianjedi2 »

Everything happened too fast so no photos or videos. Though there were paps there, neither was around for their entrances or exits (they snapped Spielberg and the Boss).
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Kristen McHugh ‏@kristenmchugh22 1h
@pastafa If you can find clip later, Kelly Ripa is raving about Rafe on Kelly & Michael, as well as the play in general. :) cheers!
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Average review rating of 8.1 / 10.......not bad at all. :D

http://www.broadwayworld.com/reviews.cfm
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

TheInvisibleWoman ‏@TheVintageYear 1m
Don't care what the US critics say, or that they're divided, I still want to nibble Daniel Craig's bottom lip. http://www.theguardian.com/culture/2013 ... al-reviews … #sorry
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Nikki Renee Daniels ‏@nikkireneesings 3m
Went to Betrayal's opening last night with @JK_Ready. Great cast, great production! #rachelweisz #rafespall #danielcraig #bondjamesbond
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Just checking in to a great 8.1 and stuff like this last review and others. Thanks.. :D
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Sylvia's girl wrote:Kristen McHugh ‏@kristenmchugh22 1h
@pastafa If you can find clip later, Kelly Ripa is raving about Rafe on Kelly & Michael, as well as the play in general. :) cheers!
I think, its his parents twitter :wink:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Germangirl wrote:
Sylvia's girl wrote:Kristen McHugh ‏@kristenmchugh22 1h
I think, its his parents twitter :wink:
Yes it is. They're going to see the play sr Christmas.
Alina

Post by Alina »

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Sylvia's girl wrote:Thanks Elisa and sf. :D
sf you lucky girl. You kept that quiet!
You actually got to chat with DC? How did you feel?
What an experience! :D
Thanks, SG. For whatever reason, I was extremely calm. All I wanted to do was blend in. The real inner me, when not interacting with him, wanted to jump his bones and take pictures, but that probably wouldn't have gone over too well. Hmmm... But if all the women did exactly that at the same time, he wouldn't stand a chance. Haha.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Alina wrote:Collection of reviews on Playbill:

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/18 ... ll?tsrc=nx

cassandra

Post by cassandra »

Thanks to Elisa and Sf and to everyone else posting news and reviews of the play. I have been trying to catch up with all the posts today. I went to bed last night after posting the review in the Independent but I didn’t sleep well, probably because it was a stormy night. In the early hours of the morning I was in bed, checking out the reviews on DtD on my iPhone – thanks, SG and GG. I didn’t look at the news section until later today and was surprised and delighted to discover Elisa’s and Sf’s posts about the after party.

Sf, you are so lucky! I feel I have lost the plot when it comes to how many times you have seen the play, waited at the stage door, and then the party. You kept this quiet didn’t you! How did it come about?

I am relieved that the reviews have been for the most part good. It’s great that all members of the cast have been praised, although I must admit that I find it particularly pleasing when Daniel’s talent as an actor is recognised. Rachel and Rafe have done well in their Broadway debuts. I think Mike Nichol’s direction has divided the critics. I wonder what Antonia Fraser (Pinter’s second wife) made of the production.