Betrayal - Bye, Bye...

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

In the end, we will never be sure what are the intentions and/reasons, but like sf I wonder, why cc was at the afterparty. Maybe because he is a friend now, but why would he play twin bro with DC there? Questions... :lol: this is what happens during a dry spell. Thankfully we had a great coverage of the play with all the pics, tweets and reports.

Heres hoping for the 19th...
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Dunda
Administrator

Re: Betrayal Bye Bye

Post by Dunda »

PAMELA BRAMMER wrote:I remember that incident too Dunda. It was the Sunday lunch time we had met at Juniors for lunch - me, you, Elaine and Togal and we had gone along to see if could see Daniel arrive, which he did about 2 minutes after we got there.
I will never forget this moment. It was the first time I saw him in the flesh and this without a huge crowd :D

Hugh came shortly afterwards and he didn't come by car, he just strolled up the street.

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

I'm sticking by a BG's reaction to an aggressive fan out in the open vs fawning fans behind galvanized barriers with police officers present. Wanna be made to feel like a criminal? Be at the stage door under CC's watch. And I have no idea if he looked at me that way. I was too busy filming DC when his was in front of me. Again, BG - fine. Looking at everyone as though hey were an assassin - no. You would have to have been there to understand.
Last edited by sf2la on Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

sf2la wrote:I'm sticking by a BG's reaction to an aggressive fan out in the open vs fawning fans behind galvanized barriers with police officers present. Wanna be made to feel like a criminal? Be at the stage door under CC's watch. And I have no idea if he looked at me that way. I was to busy filming DC when his was in front of me. Again, BG - fine. Looking at everyone as though hey were an assassin - no. You would have to have been there to understand.
I think, that is the point. You were there, we were not. I believe, that it was an upsetting feeling and am sad, cc behaved like that.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Germangirl wrote:
sf2la wrote:I'm sticking by a BG's reaction to an aggressive fan out in the open vs fawning fans behind galvanized barriers with police officers present. Wanna be made to feel like a criminal? Be at the stage door under CC's watch. And I have no idea if he looked at me that way. I was to busy filming DC when his was in front of me. Again, BG - fine. Looking at everyone as though hey were an assassin - no. You would have to have been there to understand.
I think, that is the point. You were there, we were not. I believe, that it was an upsetting feeling and am sad, cc behaved like that.
GG, no, it's really not sad at all. I felt/feel no sadness. It's just an observation and a negative takeaway. Only if DC ever said or did anything to me directly that was out of order could I be rattled. I 'love' DC to death like a lot of people here, and he is certainly my gold standard of a man, but he is not my life (believe it or not! LOL!!!) because I am certainly not part of his. It takes two. Only people you know can hurt you or cause you to be sad, I think (or strangers acting badly toward you.) Regarding CC, I just think he's out of bounds. He's an ex-cop who seems to get off on being James Bond's bodyguard. It makes him feel like a former Navy Seal or something. That said, I think it's DC's job to control him. CC was not a friend of DC's at the after party. He stood guard. If DC were sitting down, CC was standing right next to him. That's how I could tell where DC was; otherwise, I would have had no idea for a lot of the time. Bottom line - DC feels better having a bodyguard with him every chance he gets out in the real world. Whatever. None of CC's antics stopped me from going to the play or changing my lust for DC, so nothing has changed in that department! :lol:
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

thanks sf, I'm a little late catching up, but your insights and attention to detail is fascinating to read as always. Lucky you! What's next I wonder?
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Tony Snubs of 2014: Denzel Washington, Daniel Radcliffe, Daniel Craig, Michelle Williams Walk Away Empty Handed

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/19 ... pty-Handed
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

..and another
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... -work.html

In a way, I am relieved, that he is in such good company. Who would have thought, that the two old men nor Zachary Quinto would get one.
And Rafe didn't even et a nod in the "not getting it", even though, he was supposed to be so good. Mind you, I am glad, but still...I wonder, what criteria they are looking for.

cassandra

Post by cassandra »

The Wrap has an interesting report about an article in Vanity Fair

5 Revelations from Mike Nichols VF Tribute: Candice Bergen Says NYT’s Ben Brantley ‘Took Months’ Off Director’s Life

Nichols’ final project, a 2013 Broadway revival of the Harold Pinter play “Betrayal,â€￾ was called “crude and clunkyâ€￾ by NYT critic Brantley. Hindsight tells us Nichols would only live for a year after the production went up, and some of the director’s friends said the bad review sent him over the edge.

“We saw him diminish physically. I mean, as brilliant as he was, he was not going to think his way out of it. And he was not helped by Ben Brantley either, let me just add,â€￾ said Bergen, star of the 1971 Nichols drama “Carnal Knowledge.â€￾

“I’ll never forgive him for that. It took away months — you just saw [Mike] go inert. He was like, ‘What more can I do?'â€￾ she added.

Rafe Spall, who starred opposite Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz in the play, said, “He really, really wanted… ‘Betrayal’ to be a success. It was very important to him.â€￾

“There’s not one guy with a monopoly on whether something’s good or not. It became — though it’s been beaten out since — the highest-grossing Broadway straight play [for a single week] in history. But everyone was really upset by the Times review.â€￾

https://www.thewrap.com/5-revelations-f ... tors-life/
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Yes, the little f***er. What was he thinking? I hope, he feels it now and is ashamed of a review, that was over the top negative.

At least, it was a big success financially.

But Daniel must have felt terrible too, even though it was not is fault. IMO they played around with the play too much. Most critics did't like Nicols approach.

"If the pauses don't make sense, don't do them"
O-tone Daniel. But maybe they should have left them.

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I liked this in regard, how Sam saw it and how we might rxpect some powerhouse performances, when he was reminded, how good Daniel can be.

Tbis review is not from him

The play in question was 'Betrayal' on Broadway. I had the pleasure of seeing it in 2013, and Craig was indeed absolutely magnificent in it. Intense as ever. I was in awe at his performance. The long standing ovation at the end was really for him.

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Ouch. That's sad....The play was sold out before it even started though, so the money was already there. It was the star power of both real-life husband and wife stars plus Nichols that sold the seats. Candice's comment (sad), Daniel saying he won't return to Broadway, and Rachel's admission that Pinter was hard, etc., all indicate to me that the show was not a success in their eyes. That they failed to deliver. The play changed so much during its course. I saw the first, the last, and several in between. I still think Daniel overacted at first. Rachel's startled scream on opening night, which was lambasted in the NYT, and not repeated afterward, must have really made her feel bad. I didn't like the recent comment by Daniel saying that the prices are too high on Broadway and everyone is over 50. Those were the highest ticket prices of any show. If he really wanted to make it more affordable for people to see, he and Rachel could have easily arranged that. But yeah, a bad NYT review must be gut wrenching.