Betrayal - Bye, Bye...

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

honeyjes

Post by honeyjes »

Some people just like drama, conspiracy and controversy. He’s been on location and living out of a suitcase for the past several years perhaps he just wants some downtime with his family which means a bit of normality and sleeping in his own bed for a while.

All that glitters isn’t gold and winning accolades counts for nothing if you neglect the important things in life and don’t stop to take a breather to savour, appreciate, count your blessings and enjoy what you already have.
Truth, wisdom, love, seek reasons; malice only seeks causes.
Johann Kaspar Lavater
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Yep, everyone knows that. Of course he likes to take time off. We're talking dry spell here, so we're talking to talk. Not much else to talk about right now. It's just a way of staying connected. No one is serious about any conspiracy and I doubt anyone really cares that much as to his reasons. They are what they are, and they are certainly his choice. The man has lots of options.

I would invite you to join in on the conversation and guessing - just for the heck of it - we know very little about his life - just like every over stranger - but I guess a reprimand will suffice again for now.
honeyjes

Post by honeyjes »

Sorry if my comments ticked you off, so I’ll refrain from interjecting during the interlude. :peace2:
Truth, wisdom, love, seek reasons; malice only seeks causes.
Johann Kaspar Lavater
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Jes, I consider you a thinking person, I KNOW you are and because of that, I ask you to not be pissed of and leave the playground.

What you said was nothing else what has been said by others and me already. Its the first sentence, that I think, too, is unneccesary.

We all form an opinion based on very little, like sf has said, but we have the right to speak it. So do you, but lets try to stay out of attacks. And because its you, I repeat, that turning your back is a bit poor. Its always the easiest way out, but the best, too??? Please think about it.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Watched Rafe Spalls latest film online
http://www.movie2k.to/Das-haelt-kein-Ja ... 18581.html

...and if Daniel lets himself look halfway decent, this guy is no thread at all. He has the "nice guy next door" vibes written all over him, is not a looker and doesn't have a buckload of charisma like Daniel. I am not biased in the way, that I would say that of everybody just because.... The other guy in the film was more interesting.
But who knows, it was his role in the film, to be the bland, slightly boring guy.. :wink:

CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

Rafe Spall was very good in a TV drama a few years back about the Lady Chatterley trial (I think it was set in 1963?). He played a young married man on the jury whose eyes are opened to sexuality by listening to the discussions of Lady Chatterley's Lover through the trial. He begins having an affair with a more sophisticated female juror.
I don't think he was gorgeous in it, but he was definitely appealing. And I think he's good at portraying a lot of depth in characters, with humour and charm as well as seriousness, just as Daniel is.
I only wish I could remember what it was called - will look it up and hopefully get back to you. The programme was well worth watching...
CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

Found it: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0757175/
And it was 1960, not 1963, sorry. I blame Philip Larkin for the confusion, it comes from a poem I read at school:
Sexual intercourse began
In nineteen sixty-three
(which was rather late for me) -
Between the end of the Chatterley ban
And the Beatles' first LP.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

HLAJ wrote:Rafe Spall was very good in a TV drama a few years back about the Lady Chatterley trial (I think it was set in 1963?). He played a young married man on the jury whose eyes are opened to sexuality by listening to the discussions of Lady Chatterley's Lover through the trial. He begins having an affair with a more sophisticated female juror.
I don't think he was gorgeous in it, but he was definitely appealing. And I think he's good at portraying a lot of depth in characters, with humour and charm as well as seriousness, just as Daniel is.
I only wish I could remember what it was called - will look it up and hopefully get back to you. The programme was well worth watching...
Thanks. I am sure, he is a very good actor. He was just nominated and DC isn't the kind of man, of would surround himself with lesser talent :wink:

Sophie

Post by Sophie »

Hi there!
will there be a get together next Fall like we did for A Steady Rain?
I don't come here often enough and couldn't find a thread about it.
you wanna do WHAT to me?
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Sophie wrote:Hi there!
will there be a get together next Fall like we did for A Steady Rain?
I don't come here often enough and couldn't find a thread about it.
Its still very much in the open, who will go and when. Personally I have to find out first, if they are going to stage door. But its still much time, so if you pop in once in a while or pm me, we can keep you updated on it. :wink:

Laredo

Post by Laredo »

Update me too ! :-)
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Will do, Laredo :D

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

BETRAYAL to Go On Sale for AMEX Cardholders on 6/26, General Public on 7/12

http://broadwayworld.com/article/BETRAY ... 2-20130619

James Murphy Writing Music for Broadway Show Starring Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz

http://pitchfork.com/news/51228-james-m ... hel-weisz/

See Exclusive Photos of Rachel Weisz and Daniel Craig Rehearsing for Their New Broadway Show

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

AARRRGHHHHHH, I have no Amex Card :evil:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com