Betrayal - Bye, Bye...

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Alina

Post by Alina »

cassandra wrote:Looking ahead to what 2014 will bring to Broadway – Michael Riedel

http://nypost.com/2013/12/27/looking-ah ... -broadway/

Take a look at question 9 of Riedel's pop quiz, 'The Tony nominators will snub . . .', and his prediction at the end. I'm not sure what to make of this.
To me the article had a sarcastic tone, so maybe the author thinks Daniel will be snubbed, but in fact he doesn't think he should be. I hope you know what I mean :wink: Well, difficult to say.

I'm afraid GG is right for all the reasons she provided.
And I'm with her as far as the nom for Spall is concerned :twisted:
CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

I hope you're right, Alina, that the author feels that DC ought to be recognised with a Tony. He obviously fears he won't be for whatever reason.

GG, I also wouldn't mind if Rafe was nominated. I don't think Rachel will be on this occasion. But I'd love to see DC getting the credit he deserves.
cassandra

Post by cassandra »

David Yowe ‏@DavidYowe 4m
Laura and I just saw an excellent play called Betrayal starring Rachel Weisz, Daniel Craig, and Rafe Spall

cadders@charlotteadley
Amazing play in broadway with Daniel Craig, Rachel Weisz & Rafe Spall #betrayal #sexyintheflesh
cassandra

Post by cassandra »

Glynis Rigsby @grynis
Thank you, Daniel Craig. That performance was well worth the price of admission pic.twitter.com/MnHl1HrTXD

Here are tweets from melissa @cybermelli about the behaviour of the audience:

the more famous the cast of a show is, the worse behaved you can count on an audience being....

old lady behind me could not shut up about how hot Daniel Craig is & how she wished she was in 1st row. didnt pay $150 to listen to you lady

not to mention the idiots in front of me who leaned forward the whole time or the multiple people who took their phones out

anyway, I went in w low expectations bc of the reviews and I actually thought it was pretty good. held my interest for 90 minutes...
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

cassandra wrote:Glynis Rigsby @grynis
Thank you, Daniel Craig. That performance was well worth the price of admission pic.twitter.com/MnHl1HrTXD

Here are tweets from melissa @cybermelli about the behaviour of the audience:

the more famous the cast of a show is, the worse behaved you can count on an audience being....

old lady behind me could not shut up about how hot Daniel Craig is & how she wished she was in 1st row. didnt pay $150 to listen to you lady

not to mention the idiots in front of me who leaned forward the whole time or the multiple people who took their phones out

anyway, I went in w low expectations bc of the reviews and I actually thought it was pretty good. held my interest for 90 minutes...
and another... :wink:

Smiles :) ‏@SmilinginNYC 8h
Loved #Betrayal. The obnoxious tourists in the row ahead of me drive me crazy.... bobbing heads, making out... why go to a show?!
cassandra

Post by cassandra »

2013 Ends With 2 Old Broadway Favorites on Top

The revival of Harold Pinter's "Betrayal" starring Daniel Craig, Rachel Weisz and Rafe Spall not only broke its own weekly record by pulling in $1.4 million over nine shows but producers also crowed that the show had made history as having the best single week for a play ever on Broadway, beating the Tom Hanks-led "Lucky Guy" that earned $1.4 million this spring.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wir ... p-21372997
caramel

Post by caramel »

cassandra wrote:2013 Ends With 2 Old Broadway Favorites on Top

The revival of Harold Pinter's "Betrayal" starring Daniel Craig, Rachel Weisz and Rafe Spall not only broke its own weekly record by pulling in $1.4 million over nine shows but producers also crowed that the show had made history as having the best single week for a play ever on Broadway, beating the Tom Hanks-led "Lucky Guy" that earned $1.4 million this spring.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wir ... p-21372997
Wonderful! :cheer:
cassandra

Post by cassandra »

Nikki Bee (@simplynikkibee)
What's pretty cool about today is that I can now say "Hey do you remember that time that I met Daniel Craig and it was the best day ever?"

Nikki Bee (@simplynikkibee)
He signed my program and we had a really nice chat: I said "Oh, thanks so much!" and he said "No, it's my pleasure!" and I died now I'm dead

Ianto Kinsey (@_Ianto_)
New Year's resolution #1 Write a play, and make sure Daniel Craig's in it. A Record-Setting Week on Broadway
http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/ ... -broadway/

Britt Glassman (@BrittGlassman)
Seeing a Broadway show starring Daniel Craig was definitely the right way to start off the New Years festivities in NYC! #NYE #Broadway
cassandra

Post by cassandra »

Aria Miller (@AriaMillerBooks)
Betrayal was great, especially Rafe Spall, a nice surprise and very funny...

Sri Sritharan (@sris22)
Caught a cheeky (& cheap, thank you @StubHub!) NYE matinee of Betrayal... Deliciously awkward; Craig & Weisz superb but Rafe Spall: awesome.

Norm Reynolds (@NormReyn)
Worth standing in line in rain to see Mike Nichol's production of Pinter's #Betrayal on #Broadway with Daniel Craig, Rachel Weisz.

Josie Nordman (@josettenordman)
My first Broadway show!! It was beautiful and Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz were incredible. @ Ethel…
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Leannal ‏@FacchiniLeanna

Voir Daniel Craig😍 pic.twitter.com/czSP4EzO1D
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

A comment on the Broadwayworld site from the 29th...

I saw it for the first time today. It appeared on TKTS yesterday matinee and tonight as well, so if you were on the fence about seeing it, you might be able to get it in before it closes next week.

Frankly, I liked it. I am not familiar with the movie or any of the other productions, and I'm not a Pinter fanatic, but rather a Broadway enthusiast. The actors (Spall very much included) play many of the lines for laughs, but that just makes the evident wounds in the relationships between each of the characters much more searing as they do come up. It's a sharp look at the way that we put on faces for each other, even among those who are nominally our closest friends, and it effectively portrays how difficult it can be to escape the lives that we form for ourselves as adults.

With that in mind, let me tell you that Sunday's matinee performance was the worst Broadway audience I've ever been a part of. I've been to well over a dozen performances in 1.5 years. Someone sitting in the orchestra triggered Siri during Scene 3, and I heard it all the way in the lower mezz. The woman in the row in front of me would not turn off her phone until I asked her to, and when her phone went off during the play (of COURSE) she didn't even realize it was hers. During Daniel Craig's very first scene, he interrupted himself mid-sentence to point and call out an audience member--couldn't see what they were doing from the mezz, but I assume they were taking a photo.

With seats approaching $500 for the orchestra, I had hoped that some of these inconsiderate morons would be weeded out.
CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

Sylvia's girl wrote:A comment on the Broadwayworld site from the 29th...

I saw it for the first time today. It appeared on TKTS yesterday matinee and tonight as well, so if you were on the fence about seeing it, you might be able to get it in before it closes next week.

Frankly, I liked it. I am not familiar with the movie or any of the other productions, and I'm not a Pinter fanatic, but rather a Broadway enthusiast. The actors (Spall very much included) play many of the lines for laughs, but that just makes the evident wounds in the relationships between each of the characters much more searing as they do come up. It's a sharp look at the way that we put on faces for each other, even among those who are nominally our closest friends, and it effectively portrays how difficult it can be to escape the lives that we form for ourselves as adults.

With that in mind, let me tell you that Sunday's matinee performance was the worst Broadway audience I've ever been a part of. I've been to well over a dozen performances in 1.5 years. Someone sitting in the orchestra triggered Siri during Scene 3, and I heard it all the way in the lower mezz. The woman in the row in front of me would not turn off her phone until I asked her to, and when her phone went off during the play (of COURSE) she didn't even realize it was hers. During Daniel Craig's very first scene, he interrupted himself mid-sentence to point and call out an audience member--couldn't see what they were doing from the mezz, but I assume they were taking a photo.

With seats approaching $500 for the orchestra, I had hoped that some of these inconsiderate morons would be weeded out.
My goodness, how infuriating! I wonder if those idiots will put him off treading the boards for a while? :evil:
cassandra

Post by cassandra »

Jessica Blair Herman ‏@JessicaBlairHer
Just saw #Betrayal on #Broadway. It is brilliant. The most incredible acting by Rachel Weisz, Daniel Craig, and Rafe Spall.
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Sarah LeTrent ‏@SarahLeTrent 2h
Very excited to go see Betrayal tonight on Broadway. Wearing a Peter Pan collar to act as a bib when I drool over Daniel Craig. :lol:
Alina

Post by Alina »

Makana Bird ‏@makanabird 2 min
Just wished Daniel Craig a Happy New Year like we were besties. #NBD #BetrayalBroadway pic.twitter.com/OQmKxvRgV1