The VERY Dry Spell Meeting Point

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

No, not that one.

Here is a very raunchy clip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORQnIO0PVFU

and the trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN7Ad9Nb95U
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

This seems like a good idea to me. I will continue to post as and when I can ... although I can't always promise those comments will be upbeat while I have personal problems to tackle. I never think to blame the 'dry spell' on the lack of posts but I guess that could be an influence. Couldn't we just invent something?? I'm not talking about made up news or gossip about Daniel or anything else. Just reminisces about happier times past. We all have a story to share about Daniel and we all like to revisit his older film roles from time to time. Personally, I can derive at least some comfort from knowing that he is still alive on the planet somewhere. Under the same moon and all that... :sigh:
SmittenDramaKitten

I was also just wondering ... has anyone considered that it might actually be a good thing if there are less posts on this site?! Our 'webspace' can't be limitless and there are already tonnes of things to look at and read. If we keep adding, won't it just 'implode' eventually??! :shock:

I wish you could see my bedroom right now. It's where I'm posting from. Daniels pics and clothes scattered everywhere!! But I have no inclination to do much housework tonight... :oops:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Hi Bee :wave: anything new?
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Germangirl wrote:Hi Bee :wave: anything new?
Moi? No, just the housey stuff. Oh and some saucy DC thoughts, but that is all from my neck of the woods! You?
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Bee, so cool about your home move. It sounds good in every way. Will Mr. Bee be close enough to a major airport for his many trips?

I check in every day - gotta get my fix. Even if there aren't any new pics :cryblow, I still get a thrill out of the avis and those recent gifs. OMG. He'll resurface one of these days and when that play starts, it will be nuts. I really don't see why they would want to do a play together night after night, but they do, so it must be all good. I should say, "I don't know why HE would want to do the play", but what do I know. If I were her, I'd want to show off my hunky husband to as many people as possible, night after night.

Yep, the boss is right. This is a perfect time for us to tend to our spring cleaning, do outside stuff, etc. Let's take advantage of Spring and live our lives to the utmost. Of course, coming on here is a part of that :-)
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

NextBondGirl wrote:I was also just wondering ... has anyone considered that it might actually be a good thing if there are less posts on this site?! Our 'webspace' can't be limitless and there are already tonnes of things to look at and read. If we keep adding, won't it just 'implode' eventually??! :shock:
No need to worry about that! :wink:
The forum doesn't need that much space, because it's plain text and the pics are hosted on other websites such as photobucket etc.
Only the gallery takes up a huge amount of bits and bytes :wink:
But we can ask our hosts at Fan-Site for more space when we need it.
Last edited by Dunda on Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

sf2la wrote:Bee, so cool about your home move. It sounds good in every way. Will Mr. Bee be close enough to a major airport for his many trips?

I check in every day - gotta get my fix. Even if there aren't any new pics :cryblow, I still get a thrill out of the avis and those recent gifs. OMG. He'll resurface one of these days and when that play starts, it will be nuts. I really don't see why they would want to do a play together night after night, but they do, so it must be all good. I should say, "I don't know why HE would want to do the play", but what do I know. If I were her, I'd want to show off my hunky husband to as many people as possible, night after night.

Yep, the boss is right. This is a perfect time for us to tend to our spring cleaning, do outside stuff, etc. Let's take advantage of Spring and live our lives to the utmost. Of course, coming on here is a part of that :-)
Both said, I think, they were looking for a play together. I can understand, it can be fun to work together on something, that is more intimate then a movie set or even on a movie set. Why would he NOT want to do a play? He has only done one on Broadway and he is - after all - very keen on being on stage. I hink, its called flexing your acting muscles :lol: Every TRUE actor needs that once in a while.

BTW - another moody thought. If, as Elisa says, there are many doors to get out, he won't - maybe - do any stage dooring. If that is so, it won't be nuts either. Not for us, because we won't see a lot. What was so great about ASR was the sd vids, we got every other day. Of course, there will be press and we will get to see more of him, but...I really, really hope for sd. That's the best part.

Still, miffed he dropped out of MM. It will be ages until anybody sees him on the big screen again and he will be overrun by all those, who come out in droves right now. Daniel Who? :( If a crush isn't fed, it will go away and many will just plein forget about him. But I don't think, he has a problem with that. Au contraire... :wink:
Last edited by Germangirl on Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Overall, I think for plein conversation its good to just stick with this thread for now.

bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

I think we find ourselves where we were with ASR, only a fortunate few get to see it. I didn't go to the movies to see anything of his between QoS and SF - talk about a dry spell. DH, C&A did nothing for me, Tattoo was ok, but didn't satisfy, IMO. So, yes, here we are again. I do wish he'd be more visible on-screen. Perhaps the DH/C&A period scarred him.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

bumblebee wrote:I think we find ourselves where we were with ASR, only a fortunate few get to see it. I didn't go to the movies to see anything of his between QoS and SF - talk about a dry spell. DH, C&A did nothing for me, Tattoo was ok, but didn't satisfy, IMO. So, yes, here we are again. I do wish he'd be more visible on-screen. Perhaps the DH/C&A period scarred him.
That's why MM was so perfect. This one was on Clooneys shoulders.

But I agree, that DH, only partly gave me pleasure, C&A not at all and yes, Tattoo partly. I am sure, it effected him, that nothing really seemed to work out, never mind, how good he was and how good his personal notes. But with SF being such a hit, he could have used the momentum and didn't. He could hacve easily done both, the film and the play, but I suppose, he wanted more off time then that would have given him. Given the fact, that career is not everything, he might have been right, too.

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

For us, I hate to think it's true, but I think he's doing the right thing. With $50M+ coming from the next two films PLUS whatever the finally ended up getting out if SF, why live your contented married life on a movie set? Look at Tom Cruise. The man lives on a movie set. DC was doing nearly he same. Great for us, but really a strange way to live if you have a family. And he doesn't have to financially.

As for doing he play, I understand that be likes the stage - it's just the public display of their coupledom that I don't get for such a private man. For he price of admission, we get to see he two of hem together. It just seems odd, but he knows what he's doing.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

sf2la wrote:For us, I hate to think it's true, but I think he's doing the right thing. With $50M+ coming from the next two films PLUS whatever the finally ended up getting out if SF, why live your contented married life on a movie set? Look at Tom Cruise. The man lives on a movie set. DC was doing nearly he same. Great for us, but really a strange way to live if you have a family. And he doesn't have to financially.

As for doing he play, I understand that be likes the stage - it's just the public display of their coupledom that I don't get for such a private man. For he price of admission, we get to see he two of hem together. It just seems odd, but he knows what he's doing.
Its most likely doing what both love best together. For that, he is ready to sacrify his privacy a bit and who says, he does. We will see them together on stage and on promo and talk shows, but that doesn't mean, he will give away any privacy. They will speak like professionals about the play and that's it. Sorry already for those, who dare to ask private questions. :lol:

caramel

Post by caramel »

They need to get their well shaped butts to the MET ball this year and give us a break from this dry spell Image
SmittenDramaKitten

Just wanted to say that I received my latest copy of Empire magazine in the post last night. I didn't get a chance to read it until today. There is a very small piece about MM and, I have to say, that it stung when Daniels name wasn't mentioned. I still wish he was doing it but.. LEAD ROLE, LEAD ROLE, LEAD ROLE!! :wink:

Of all his films to have come out in recent years, I think I loved all of them with the exception of DH (sorry). No fault to actors per se just an odd story and script. :?