Rachel Weisz film news

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Maria

Post by Maria »

I just realized - again late to the party - that Ben Whishaw is also in The Lobster:

Q still has the same eyes even without the glasses. :)
Madeleine

Post by Madeleine »

He was great in it, too, as was pretty much everyone. I saw The Lobster recently and really loved it. Wonderfully strange and the humour was so black :D
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Yeah, I really enjoyed that movie. Too bad it didn't get much distribution.
Daniel_Craig

Post by Daniel_Craig »

Last edited by Daniel_Craig on Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Madeleine

Post by Madeleine »

Daniel_Craig wrote:The Lobster. I have already seen this movie. Wasted lifetime. Definitely one of the worst movies a long time!
We have an extremely different taste in movies, then, at least in certain ones. :D
Daniel_Craig wrote:Rachel plays a nearsighted woman, which is then taken eyesight. Why that was made by a doctor, I did not understand. Who wants to voluntarily lose his eyesight?
She was tricked. Léa Seydoux's character made her believe she was going to get her eyes fixed. In fact Léa's character and the doctor had made a deal of removing her eyesight without her knowledge. Probably out of spite because Léa's character could see Rachel's character and "David" falling in love, which wasn't allowed.

SPOILERS FOR THE ENDING
It wasn't David's goal to become a lobster, that was only the animal he would have chosen if he had no other option but to become one. At the end we never saw whether David's character decided to use the knife or not. If he used it, it would mean he and Rachel's character would again share a common defining characteristic, which in the eyes of the society would allow them to live their life as a couple.
Daniel_Craig

Post by Daniel_Craig »

Last edited by Daniel_Craig on Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maria

Post by Maria »

It's available on UK iTunes to watch. I might they it that way then heading out to the cinemas.

I admit that type of film is usually over my head but I'll give it a go and try to be neutral in my expectations.
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

‘Game of Thrones’ Star Iain Glen Joins Rachel Weisz’s ‘My Cousin Rachel’

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/game- ... 201742855/
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Sylvia's girl wrote:‘Game of Thrones’ Star Iain Glen Joins Rachel Weisz’s ‘My Cousin Rachel’

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/game- ... 201742855/
He was with Daniel in Tomb Raider.

I wonder how he has the time to make a movie...maybe he already died in GoT :lol: :lol:

just kidding...I have the 5th series sitting right next to the TV but we haven't watched it yet.
I know we must have time, because we'll watch it in one go so I guess we have to wait a bit......and I'm a bit reluctant, because almost ALL characters I cared for are dead by now.......and from what I hear it will get worse :twisted:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Getting better and better. Great cast. Guess Dabnel will be Henrysitting :wink: I think, he loves it. Normal life.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Red-Snow

Post by Red-Snow »

Hollywood stars Rachel Weisz and Sam Claflin to star in film shot at Bamber Gascoigne's mansion
http://www.dorkingandleatherheadadverti ... story.html
Red-Snow

Post by Red-Snow »

Film4, HBO, Sundance Channel warm to Radiator
http://www.screendaily.com/news/distrib ... 53.article
Madeleine

Post by Madeleine »

Thanks for the updates. I wish there were more Rachel news, they would tide me over the dry spell. Not so fun when it's quiet with both Rachel and Daniel. :roll: I've been trying to keep an eye on Sam Claflin's instagram, but he seems to post only about his upcoming movie, not the one they're filming right now. (Which I'm sure is wise, filmmakers hardly want their actors to leak any info while they're in the process of filming. But still, disappointing.)
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Yeah, lets just think, he is prepping something, that will blow in our face sometime soon :D
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

‘I don’t even know what Tinder is’: Rachel Weisz on dating rituals and new film The Lobster

http://www.scmp.com/culture/film-tv/art ... ls-and-new