Rachel Weisz film news

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

http://youtu.be/-8mzWkuOxz8

I'm not sure if we've shared this review of British accents in a few seconds before. It's pretty good, although the Highlands accent isn't quite right to my ear (my grandfather was from the Highlands and he certainly didn't speak like that). Oh, and the guy says the Welsh sound drunk - cheeky bugger :evil: But apart from that it's fun!
purple

Post by purple »

OMG CockH you've lost me completely! I got very few of the differences - a bit of the Scottish perhaps and a bit of the Northern, but other than that... :dunno:
CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

purple wrote:OMG CockH you've lost me completely! I got very few of the differences - a bit of the Scottish perhaps and a bit of the Northern, but other than that... :dunno:
Don't worry, Purple. If you asked me to differentiate between Belgian regional accents I have no doubt I would be completely at a loss! Or French, or German, or any other country that doesn't speak my own native tongue.
I just thought it was a fun addition to the accent debate. I wonder if there's anything similar relating to American accents?
:wink:
purple

Post by purple »

Hehe CockH if you are curious, here you are: different accents in Belgium (but just for FR):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkklIaK6efI
CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

purple wrote:Hehe CockH if you are curious, here you are: different accents in Belgium (but just for FR):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkklIaK6efI
Thanks, Purple - i enjoyed that! I could hear more difference in the way he spoke than when she repeated it. His facial expressions were funny, he moved his mouth differently for the different regions. A little more nasal, was it, for liege? (I only understood a little because he spoke very quickly). The second one was funniest, very quick and exaggerated mouth movements.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

CockHargreaves wrote:http://youtu.be/-8mzWkuOxz8

I'm not sure if we've shared this review of British accents in a few seconds before. It's pretty good, although the Highlands accent isn't quite right to my ear (my grandfather was from the Highlands and he certainly didn't speak like that). Oh, and the guy says the Welsh sound drunk - cheeky bugger :evil: But apart from that it's fun!
That was awesome - except for the Welsh sounding drunk - that's ridiculous. Otherwise, what a fun tour!
purple

Post by purple »

Yes CockH the second one is an example of the French spoken in Brussels; the guy says "Le zinneke du voisin a encore pissé sur mes plantes!" - "The neighbour's dog pissed again on my plants!"

Zinneke means a dog with no known parents - in French it would be chien bâtard. In English bastard has the same meaning as bâtard in FR?

The first accent was the French spoken in Flemish speaking regions in Belgium. The third one, was French spoken in Uccle: Uccle is a very posh neighbourhood in the Southern part of Brussels. The guy says "it is the Beverly Hills of Brussels".

And yes the last one was the Liège accent. And yes the French spoken in Belgium is a bit different from the French spoken in France, both in terms of accent and in terms of words as such. For instance, in Belgium for 70 we say septante not soixante-dix and for 90 we say nonante not quatre-vingt-dix. And we often use the verb "to know" (savoir) instead of "can" (pouvoir) - Je ne sais pas venir avant midi actually means I cannot come before noon :D Yes the "correct" sentence would have been Je ne peux pas venir avant midi.
CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

That's great, thanks :)
purple

Post by purple »

You're welcome :D
cassandra

Post by cassandra »

There's a report this morning that filming TWT has been called off.
http://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyle/na ... story.html
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

If true, its the second one in a row.

But lets wait for deadline to have its saying. Not sure, you can just leave so shortly before start without a healthy payment. If he was tere on sunday and REALLY has cancled it, there must have been a rare argument.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

cassandra wrote:There's a report this morning that filming TWT has been called off.
http://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyle/na ... story.html
Oh no!!!!!! (And poor RZ - I'd really be upset if I lost out on the opportunity to star with DC.) Yeah, if true, which I assume it is, he's cost the production company a lot of $$$$$$.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Lets wait, maybe there is just a delay and its reported as a halt alltogether. Nothing so far on any other side.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

purple

Post by purple »

Now, that really depressed me :cry: I so wanted to see him in a good interesting movie, in smth else than Bond...not that I don't like Bond.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Lets wait...